FORUMS

Port any Custom Rom for your Android Smart Phone.. Easy Steps!!!!

93 posts
Thanks Meter: 115

Post Reply Email Thread

Credits
This is not work at all thanks to the XDA DEVELOPERS who made porting easy all credit goes to them iam just sharing it..

So lately so many custom Roms are ported and i thought let's share how to port a custom Rom in easy steps!! Did i said easy steps? yes!! porting is that easy shuffling things from here to there replacing files and you are done so let's start how to port a rom.

Notice
First Iam not Responsible if you somehow brick your phone always make a backup. Second This will not work on MIUI and LEWA SINCE YOU NEED THE RAMDISK FILES in next tutorial i will tell you how to pack and unpack the boot.img to get the Ram disk...

Things you Need

• Open Mind other wise not possible
  • Any working Rom for your phone
  • Rom to port
  • Rooted Phone

Remeber!!! All Rom will not work on your device
  1. First of all you need to choose a porting rom of phone with similar spec's as your phone have i.e Processor,Ram,internal Storage,size,Camera and same android version otherwise it will not boot up
  2. Then make two folders one named base and second named port
  3. Put any working Rom files for your phone to folder named base
  4. Then put the downloaded working Rom you want to port to the folder named port
Copy these files from stock to port:
System/etc/firmware (whole folder).
System/lib/modules (whole folder).
System/usr/keylayout/generic.kl
Meta inf/.../update script
Meta inf/.../ update binary
Boot.img

Repack it in Zip folder not Rar..Put it into the root of your SD go into recovery wipe data wipe cache and flash your created Rom and you are done Happy Porting Please give feedback if got success and need anyhelp.. Dont Forget to click the thanx button. This is all i need in Return

OFFICIAL THREAD
The Following 84 Users Say Thank You to SaadUsmani For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SaadUsmani Ad-Free
22nd May 2013, 03:46 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaadUsmani

Credits
This is not work at all thanks to the XDA DEVELOPERS who made porting easy all credit goes to them iam just sharing it..

So lately so many custom Roms are ported and i thought let's share how to port a custom Rom in easy steps!! Did i said easy steps? yes!! porting is that easy shuffling things from here to there replacing files and you are done so let's start how to port a rom.

Notice
First Iam not Responsible if you somehow brick your phone always make a backup. Second This will not work on MIUI and LEWA SINCE YOU NEED THE RAMDISK FILES in next tutorial i will tell you how to pack and unpack the boot.img to get the Ram disk...

Things you Need

• Rom to port
  • Rooted Phone

1. First of all you need to choose a porting rom of phone with similar spec's as your phone have i.e Processor,Ram,internal Storage,size,Camera and same android version otherwise it will not boot up
  4. Then put the downloaded working Rom you want to port to the folder named port
Boot.img

Repack it in Zip folder not Rar..Put it into the root of your SD go into recovery wipe data wipe cache and flash your created Rom and you are done Happy Porting Please give feedback if got success and need anyhelp.. Dont Forget to click the thanx button. This is all i need in Return

OFFICIAL THREAD

Question: I have a stock rom of my Samsung Express i437. I have located everything you mention in the System folder but there is nothing named Meta Inf/ in my ROM and no file named "update script" or "update binary". So can you give me some guidance here on what I am supposed to do. All the other folders and files have been located. Where do I find Meta inf/.../update script and Meta inf/.../ update binary?
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to caine0001 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift caine0001 Ad-Free
18th June 2013, 07:45 AM |#3  
Flag ConcepciĆ³n
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Can I use this tutorial to port flymeOS to SGS Advance?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d14gvn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift d14gvn Ad-Free
18th June 2013, 09:58 PM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Okara

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d14gvn

Can I use this tutorial to port flymeOS to SGS Advance?

i have ported mtk roms using this tutorial...u can give it a try since always make a backup before doing anythng..
20th June 2013, 08:18 AM |#5  
Flag A Place on Earth!*
Thanks Meter: 1,428

More
nice guide but d14gvn remember those files arent the only files we need i saw on many other porting threads that we would need to replace whole folders for a port rom to work (:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ikaster17 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ikaster17 Ad-Free
22nd July 2013, 08:43 PM |#6  
Flag Tripoli
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaadUsmani

Credits

Notice

Things you Need

• Rom to port
  • Rooted Phone

Boot.img

OFFICIAL THREAD

I used this guide to port a custom rom from htc one s to htc sensation .. when i tried to flash it it gave me error 7 .. i searched the internet i fixed iit by deleting the assert lines .. now it gives me error 6 >> i know my only problem is in update script .. what do i have to edit to make it work ?
31st July 2013, 06:48 PM |#7  
Flag karachi
Thanks Meter: 237

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FahmiFitu

I used this guide to port a custom rom from htc one s to htc sensation .. when i tried to flash it it gave me error 7 .. i searched the internet i fixed iit by deleting the assert lines .. now it gives me error 6 >> i know my only problem is in update script .. what do i have to edit to make it work ?

status 6 error is due to wrong updater script so edit ur updater script very carefully specialy in writing those mounting lines of run program nd also remove format system line if any !!
The Following User Says Thank You to qmobilea2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift qmobilea2 Ad-Free
31st July 2013, 07:52 PM |#8  
Flag Tripoli
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qmobilea2

status 6 error is due to wrong updater script so edit ur updater script very carefully specialy in writing those mounting lines of run program nd also remove format system line if any !!

Okay I fixed this prob now when i flash the rom status 0 comes out and i cant flash roms no more. I have to format and repartition my sd card.

Best regards
The Following User Says Thank You to FahmiFitu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FahmiFitu Ad-Free
31st July 2013, 08:53 PM |#9  
Flag karachi
Thanks Meter: 237

More
Quote:

Okay I fixed this prob now when i flash the rom status 0 comes out and i cant flash roms no more. I have to format and repartition my sd card.

Best regards

Now this Status 0 error is due to update binary file located in meta-inf folder.
To fix this just took out update binary file from any rom which works on ur phone nd then copy it nd paste it in ur port rom's meta-inf folder.
Problem done now u will not get any status 0 ,6,7 error.!!
Nd one more thing this guide is for mediatek smart phones not htc or samsung phones!!

Sent from my A2 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to qmobilea2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift qmobilea2 Ad-Free
11th August 2013, 09:05 PM |#10  
OP Member
Flag Okara

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikaster17

nice guide but d14gvn remember those files arent the only files we need i saw on many other porting threads that we would need to replace whole folders for a port rom to work (:

i have ported so many roms following these steps dont wory it will work but i have tried it on mtk processor dont knw it will work on samsung or not
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaadUsmani For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SaadUsmani Ad-Free
11th August 2013, 09:07 PM |#11  
OP Member
Flag Okara

More
exactly!!
Quote:

Best regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmobilea2

Now this Status 0 error is due to update binary file located in meta-inf folder.
To fix this just took out update binary file from any rom which works on ur phone nd then copy it nd paste it in ur port rom's meta-inf folder.
Problem done now u will not get any status 0 ,6,7 error.!!
Nd one more thing this guide is for mediatek smart phones not htc or samsung phones!!

Sent from my A2 using xda app-developers app

exactly!! i have already told i have only tried successfuly porting rom for mtk based phones... iam not sure it wil work on samsung or not....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
custom rom, porting

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)