FORUMS

[TOOL] Goldcard img creator

3,285 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,232

Post Reply Email Thread
INTRODUCTION

As the Revskills site has been taken down (aparently for good) and thanks to Gene Poole (for provinding the .exe file that does all the magic), I have wrote a simple script that creates the goldcard.img file.

INSTRUCTIONS

As usual, you need:
  1. Drivers installed in the PC.
  2. adb, fastboot, and such commands running in the PC (if you don't have then download this folder (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30674730/adb.rar) and extract its contents in the golcard tool folder)
  3. Follow on screen instructions.

Make sure that you check on what MMC is your sdcard ID located. So far, Desire HD/Inspire 4G is on MMC2 but do not have information on other devices.

If you follow the instructions after running the tools, the goldcard.img file will be created in the tools folder. Then, patch the sdcard using the Simple Goldcard Tool included in the tools folder.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

Many thanks to Gene Poole from creating the .exe file that creates the img file.
nelify - For posting the Simple Goldcard Tool that I am inlcuding in here to patch the sdcard
As usual the guys from the Hack Kit support IRC channel for teaching me about scripting and android and being so patient with me.

DOWNLOADS

http://devhost.xda-developers.com/VMw
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to glevitan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift glevitan Ad-Free
29th June 2013, 08:10 PM |#2  
Flag North Rhine-Westphalia
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Question
Thx for your work, but it doesnt seem to work. After creating the image the tool says "It doesnt seem to be a valid Goldcardimage:

Get CID works, but the used and reversed CID seems to be another.

Furthermore I dont understand, how the GC.cmd can create a Goldcardimage without knowing the correct CID. It dont asks for that!?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Goldcard.JPG
Views:	6327
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	2079148  
30th June 2013, 12:03 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Buenos Aires

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tito_puente

Thx for your work, but it doesnt seem to work. After creating the image the tool says "It doesnt seem to be a valid Goldcardimage:

Get CID works, but the used and reversed CID seems to be another.

Furthermore I dont understand, how the GC.cmd can create a Goldcardimage without knowing the correct CID. It dont asks for that!?

The script finds the cid in the code. Of course it depends on the phone you have. The DHD or Inspire 4g have cid located in mmc2. If you choose the wrong mmc July get the wrong cid number.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app
5th July 2013, 08:34 PM |#4  
Ath
Thanks Meter: 5

More
it doesn't create the .img
plz help

Quote:

Microsoft Windows [Έκδοση 6.1.7601]
Πνευματικά δικαιώματα (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. Με επιφύλαξη κάθε νόμιμου
δικαιώματος.

C:\Users\PriestJohn>cd c:\android

c:\Android>C:\Android\GC.cmd

***WELCOME TO THE GOLDCARD IMAGE CREATOR***

This tool is possible thanks to Gene Poole, so thank him for letting you impro
ve your device

Checking connected devices

adb server is out of date. killing...
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached
HT0B4RX03962 device

starting menu

Choose the correct MMC for your device:

1. MMC0
2. MMC1
3. MMC2 (Desire HD/Inspire 4G)
4. Quit

[Make your choice]3

Creating goldcard

Usage: tools\gcard.exe -c <sdcardid> [-r] -o <outputfile>
Options:
-h This help menu.
-c <sdcardid> Specify the SD Card Serial ID (required).
-r Specifies that <sdcardid> is already reversed.
-o <outputfile> Specify the output file (required).

Goldcard has been created in the tool folder. Now patch the sdcard using this Si
mple Goldcard Tool included in the tools folder

Πιέστε ένα πλήκτρο για συνέχεια. . .

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	imgno.jpg
Views:	2426
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	2095086  
19th July 2013, 07:06 PM |#5  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 293

More
Thanks but no thanks. I just bricked my Wildfire S by attempting to create a gold card using your tools.

Edit: I got it working! And successfully created a gold card! My issue was that ADB was not recognizing my device. My solution was to flash an old nandroid that had presumably had USB Debugging Enabled. I then proceeded to run the cmd file but without any luck, I was unable to properly get a gold image.

My check to see if ADB was talking to my device was:

Code:
adb devices
Once I confirmed that my device was being read on my PC, I ran SimpleGoldCard.exe and successfully got the CID for the SD Card. I then manually ran gcard.exe in terminal, and used the command:

Code:
gcard -c *CID* -r -o "C:/Gold Card/gold.img"
Success! I pulled out the SD card from the device, attached it to my computer via a card reader, and then ran SimpleGoldCard.exe again, completing the process.

I required the Gold Card due to calibration to attach an aftermarket digitizer to an HTC Wildfire S. I was unable to get past #7: https://sites.google.com/site/repair...-s-calibration without a gold card.

Thanks for sharing this, it worked for me, and I got the digitizer fully calibrated on my Wildfire S!
20th July 2013, 12:18 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Buenos Aires

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffMcBigHuge

Thanks but no thanks. I just bricked my Wildfire S by attempting to create a gold card using your tools.

There's no way to brick a device getting the cid of the sdcard. This tool does not flash anything at all. So, unless you have proof what you are saying makes no sense

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to glevitan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift glevitan Ad-Free
20th July 2013, 01:43 AM |#7  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 293

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by glevitan

There's no way to brick a device getting the cid of the sdcard. This tool does not flash anything at all. So, unless you have proof what you are saying makes no sense

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Yes my mistake! I figured something went wrong, as the device was not responding after running the script. I was getting a flashing red notification light, and I wasn't able to load the bootloader. I found out it was due to a low battery. :P I suppose the battery does not charge while in the bootloader or fastboot menu? I almost tossed the phone in the garbage, but I still had hope!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
1st March 2014, 10:53 AM |#8  
Flag kolkata
Thanks Meter: 1

More
model id incorrect
Quote:
Originally Posted by glevitan

INTRODUCTION

As the Revskills site has been taken down (aparently for good) and thanks to Gene Poole (for provinding the .exe file that does all the magic), I have wrote a simple script that creates the goldcard.img file.

INSTRUCTIONS

As usual, you need:

1. Drivers installed in the PC.
  2. adb, fastboot, and such commands running in the PC (if you don't have then download this folder (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30674730/adb.rar) and extract its contents in the golcard tool folder)
  3. Follow on screen instructions.

Make sure that you check on what MMC is your sdcard ID located. So far, Desire HD/Inspire 4G is on MMC2 but do not have information on other devices.

If you follow the instructions after running the tools, the goldcard.img file will be created in the tools folder. Then, patch the sdcard using the Simple Goldcard Tool included in the tools folder.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

Many thanks to Gene Poole from creating the .exe file that creates the img file.
nelify - For posting the Simple Goldcard Tool that I am inlcuding in here to patch the sdcard
As usual the guys from the Hack Kit support IRC channel for teaching me about scripting and android and being so patient with me.

DOWNLOADS

http://devhost.xda-developers.com/VMw

i have inspire 4g which model id i found from "fastboot getvar all" is 4 x
but i think it should be PD981....LIKE THAT
WHAT IS WRONG IN MY PHONE
The Following User Says Thank You to dark_arsh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dark_arsh Ad-Free
26th February 2017, 01:20 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
now, how to create a goldcard since the website is down?

its always great when people provide things working...
17th July 2017, 11:59 AM |#10  
Flag Kirovohrad
Thanks Meter: 0

More
http://psas.revskills.de/?q=goldcard - it doesn't work
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
goldcard

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)