About the ROM
You may think this is just another TW blue-themed ROM but there is so much more that goes into making it Kuban. This ROM is built to be a daily driver; stable, fast, and free of bloat. But, more importantly, the development that exists is what makes this ROM very customizable. Using the original Kuban Updater allows quick installs of ROM updates, mods, kernels, apps and more. It notifies you of upgrades, and ROM releases as they become available.
The Blu Kuban is VERY STRIPPED. I prefer to allow others to add in programs they want instead of having a bunch of apps that only a few people are interested in. However, in the Add-Ons section of the Kuban Updater there will be the stock apps that were removed and additional apps that are themed to match the ROM.
I am always up for new ideas for the ROM so if you have an idea or would like to see something added to the updater feel free to ask for it. I will always try my hardest to get everything in the updater that people want.
- Uses the KT kernel as the default kernel. Get more info on the kernel here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2288309 and remember to thank ktoonsez for the great kernel
- This ROM is Odexed. This means that you can not flash deodexed mods on this ROM. Most if not all mods will be available for this ROM in the Kuban Updater. If there is a mod that is not available that you would like to see, feel free to ask for a mod.
- This ROM is MDL based. This does not mean if you flash it you will get the MDL modem and firmware. If you want those you will need to do the Sprint update and Root the phone again. Great instructions for this can be found here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2277480
- There are a lot of themed apps in this ROM. If an app updates and you can not update it from the market, this is the reason. These apps will be kept up to date in the themed apps section of the updater.
- This ROM is very heavily themed. If you see any issues with the theme, such as black on black menus. Let me know and I will try to fix any issues that may exist.
- The updater will only be able to auto flash on TWRP and CW based Recoveries. You can manually flash any mods on other recoveries.
- The ROM is using the Crossbreader Mod. Please check here if you have any issues.
- If you have any issues, more information is better. It is not helpful to say it did not work but not provide any details.
- Please read before asking a question. There is a good chance it has been asked before.
Use my ROM at your own risk. I am not responsible if you break your phone. Always do a NAND backup or other backup, and READ. (unless you like losing your data or breaking your phone).
- Boot to recovery
- Make an NAND Backup
- Wipe the phone
- Flash the ROM
- Boot the phone
The MD5 of the ROM is provided to insure you get a good download of the ROM. Use an MD5 Checker to get the MD5 of your download. Make sure it matches the number here before flashing it. If it does not match then you got a bad download.
Version 126.96.36.199 Mirror
This version updates a lot. A full Wipe and re-install is advised.
188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 Update
Version 220.127.116.11 Mirror
18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 Update
Version 126.96.36.199 Mirror
188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 Update
Version 220.127.116.11 Mirror
Public Beta 2
Public Beta 2 Mirror
Public Beta 1
Thanks to all the testers, Team VeNuM, crawrj (HotSpot Mod, Stock ROM), ktoonsez (Kernel), Unknownforce(4-1 Power),idcrisis (Crossbreader Mod), and anyone who has donated to keep The Blu Kuban alive.