FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

TOOL inspired bootanimations with power on/off sounds.

230 posts
Thanks Meter: 76
 
By *system error*, Senior Member on 23rd May 2013, 04:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Like the title says

I have put together a CWM flashable for a TOOL inspired Bootanimation, poweron and poweroff sounds.

I have only tested this on 6.11.
Also note this adds a couple of mb to the system partition. Mohan states not to push stuff to the system partition because of updates and stuff. I had like 80 mb of extra room plus there shouldn't be anymore updates for Embryo 6 so flash away.
This file pushes the sounds to /system/media/audio/ui and /data/local for the boot ani.
For you CM users just pull the bootanimation.zip and push it.

credit for the gif file goes to hanajibu on tumblr

Poweron sound is The Patient
Poweroff sound is Right in two

Credit for the music goes to Adam Jones and the rest of the boys from TOOL.
I used bootanimation factory http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1678540 Thank despotovski01 there


http://devhost.xda-developers.com/Z8g

Try it out see what you think.
I had this up in the embryo themes and discussion. Seems like that thread is dead. So I put it here.
Enjoy



Made a new one. I kept the power on and power off sounds in this zip.
http://devhost.xda-developers.com/wx2

^^^^
Spinning EYE CWM flashable ZIP

attatched is the bootanimation zip for users other than stock 4.1.2

I pushed this to my phone earlier works great. Im on 4.2.2
Attached Images
 
Attached Files
File Type: zip bootanimation.zip - [Click for QR Code] (101.8 KB, 82 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *system error* For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift *system error* Ad-Free
5th June 2013, 07:04 AM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Dude, This is amazing!!!

Much appreciated!! Coming from a die hard TOOL fan
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nireez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nireez Ad-Free
7th June 2013, 11:21 PM |#3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nireez

Dude, This is amazing!!!

Much appreciated!! Coming from a die hard TOOL fan

Then you will love the new animation. I'm at my main job right now and won't have time until after I get off the second job tomorrow. But I want to change up the power on power off sounds. Any suggestions??? Obviously, I want to try to incorporate third eye. But Im not sure which part of the song. Ill give it a listen tonight at my other job and find a part to snip out.
ENJOY!!
8th June 2013, 02:14 AM |#4  
bps119's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 2,411
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by *system error*

Then you will love the new animation. I'm at my main job right now and won't have time until after I get off the second job tomorrow. But I want to change up the power on power off sounds. Any suggestions??? Obviously, I want to try to incorporate third eye. But Im not sure which part of the song. Ill give it a listen tonight at my other job and find a part to snip out.
ENJOY!!

Forget that, just make the boot animation run super long and play the whole dang song! Lol

Sent from my Slimmed out Skyrocket
8th June 2013, 04:14 AM |#5  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 40
 
More
Rad. Vicarious is my alarm ringtone. I'm really hoping those guys put out another album soonish. I wonder if it's OK to ask Maynard for an eta? lol
8th June 2013, 05:16 AM |#7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by bps119

Forget that, just make the boot animation run super long and play the whole dang song! Lol

Sent from my Slimmed out Skyrocket

right in two is actually longer than it plays

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727
8th June 2013, 05:22 AM |#8  
spitfire2425's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Narnia
Thanks Meter: 256
 
More
Last time I heard, it'll be a while before a new album. I think the members are doing some side project stuff.

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium
9th June 2013, 11:52 PM |#9  
the k9's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Barrie, ON
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Maynard is a wanker.
10th June 2013, 03:45 AM |#10  
bps119's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 2,411
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the k9

Maynard is a wanker.

You are in the wrong forum for this kind of talk son. The emo threads are over in the iPhone forums.

Sent from my Slimmed out Skyrocket
14th June 2013, 06:18 PM |#11  
DertyJoe's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bps119

You are in the wrong forum for this kind of talk son. The emo threads are over in the iPhone forums.

Sent from my Slimmed out Skyrocket

+1

And props to the op thanks 4 the beautiful work

Sent from my little piece of DROID heaven
The Following User Says Thank You to DertyJoe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DertyJoe Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootanimation, embryo, poweroff, poweron, tool

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes