FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Rooted, no SU Binaries

163 posts
Thanks Meter: 43

By adi9981, Senior Member on 25th May 2013, 08:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi. I have Android 2.3.6 on my Galaxy Ace. I wanted to root it with upd_1.zip. I used the stock recovery. It said installation complete, so I rebooted. The Superuser icon has appeared in my app drawer so I was very happy that it was successful, but my SuperUser says that I haven't got SU binaries, so I haven't got any root access. I've searched for similar problems, but I didn't find any. What do I do now?

25th May 2013, 11:56 AM |#2  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 196

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi9981

Hi. I have Android 2.3.6 on my Galaxy Ace. I wanted to root it with upd_1.zip. I used the stock recovery. It said installation complete, so I rebooted. The Superuser icon has appeared in my app drawer so I was very happy that it was successful, but my SuperUser says that I haven't got SU binaries, so I haven't got any root access. I've searched for similar problems, but I didn't find any. What do I do now?

Sorry buddy, never heard of such an issue. I guess you try to Unroot and Root again. U may try xda for some better Root procedure or search my blog www.andro-sapien.blogspot.in.
Do let me know if it is sorted out by Re-Rooting.
26th May 2013, 07:28 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Katowice

More
pls help
So, I unrooted and rooted and there's the same issue. Original Superuser says - Checking available version failed, so I tried to delete the app data - that didn't work. I updated the Superuser and it says that I doesn't have SU binaries.
26th May 2013, 07:59 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1,033

More
Quote:

So, I unrooted and rooted and there's the same issue. Original Superuser says - Checking available version failed, so I tried to delete the app data - that didn't work. I updated the Superuser and it says that I doesn't have SU binaries.

Try this:

https://hotfile.com/dl/178579596/542...rroot.zip.html

or

https://hotfile.com/dl/180452656/3c2...-root.zip.html
26th May 2013, 10:01 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
I actually have a similar sounding problem but arrived at it differently.

My phone had been rooted and working OK for over a year. At some point the latest superuser binary stopped functioning with adb wireless.

So I downloaded SuperSU a few months ago and it's different binary fixed that particular issue. So all was working fine until failing to update that binary today. I'm now in the same boat as you but don't have a clue how or why.
27th May 2013, 06:58 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Katowice

More
This 2 files are the same as my upd_1.zip. The very same. My upd_1.zip has xbin with busybox, su etc. but it doesn't want to be flashed for some reason. The only files in my xbin folder (in the phone) are : busybox, dexdump, although I flashed the other needed binaries. What is this? Is this my phone's fault?
@edit : Can I flash CWM without those binaries?
27th May 2013, 11:48 AM |#7  

More
Quote:

This 2 files are the same as my upd_1.zip. The very same. My upd_1.zip has xbin with busybox, su etc. but it doesn't want to be flashed for some reason. The only files in my xbin folder (in the phone) are : busybox, dexdump, although I flashed the other needed binaries. What is this? Is this my phone's fault?
@edit : Can I flash CWM without those binaries?

Yes you can, and then you can try to flash root again.
If not you can flash CF-Root (only for Gingerbread!!) maybe it works :S

1º Flash via recovery CWM
http://www.mediafire.com/download/u3...0-v3.7-b84.zip

2º Flash via CWM APP, it'll fix the bootanimation
when your android will boot, go to CWM app (in your drawer) and select "Flash kernel" and select this file
http://dfiles.eu/files/1sfl9qotm
The Following User Says Thank You to Viper The Ripper For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Viper The Ripper Ad-Free
27th May 2013, 01:58 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Katowice

More
I flashed CWM Recovery, and now when I select install zip from sdcard and select root file, it says error 7 - update aborted.

@edit - I found the AceGingerRoot.zip. Is it legit and can I install it on GT-S5830 (it has different MD5 than upd_1.zip and root.zip).
27th May 2013, 02:42 PM |#9  

More
Quote:

I flashed CWM Recovery, and now when I select install zip from sdcard and select root file, it says error 7 - update aborted.

@edit - I found the AceGingerRoot.zip. Is it legit and can I install it on GT-S5830 (it has different MD5 than upd_1.zip and root.zip).

I've always used Acegingeroot to get root permissions... do what you consider more solutions, impossible
27th May 2013, 03:34 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Katowice

More
Acegingerroot didn't worked. No errors at all, but still no root access.
27th May 2013, 04:19 PM |#11  

More
Quote:

Acegingerroot didn't worked. No errors at all, but still no root access.

What rom are you using?
Is GT-S5830 your device model?
Did you try CF-Root b84?
Have you got enough free internal memory?
if you have Thinkfree installed, try to delete it flashing this file before flashing root file:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...2&d=1345874726
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)