a) Install a custom boot animation.
b) Randomize your boot animation so each time you reboot, you get a different boot animation (only available with pro version of the app I use).
I'll be updating the thread every few days with new animations until I get a pretty good library. If I'm really super motivated, I might accept boot animation requests. Otherwise, all you need is the boot animation factory linked at the bottom of this thread.
-You need to be rooted.
-You need an unlocked bootloader (only if AT&T or Verizon).
-You need a kernel that supports custom boot animation (Faux, Ktoonsez, any AOSP kernel - I'm currently using SlimBean 5.6).
-You *might need to have an AOSP ROM. I have not tried stock rooted TouchWiz yet.
Okay, here's how you do custom boot animations!!!
1) Install ROM Toolbox Lite (consider upgrading to the pro version).
*Note, there are other ways to install boot animations, but those methods are not supported in this thread.
2) Copy the boot animation file(s) to your internal or external SD card. It doesn't matter which. Nor does it matter what folder you put them into.
3) Open ROM Toolbox Lite:
4) Close out of the disclaimer:
5) From the main menu, just swipe your finger to scroll to the right:
6) Now you're at the Interface tab. Click on Boot Animations:
7) You can click on "later" to not upgrade. But I do recommend upgrading. This is a VERY cool app:
8) Click "OK" to the disclaimer:
9) From the "Server" tab, you can download boot animations. But you don't want to, because none of them are 1080x1920 and will look "small" on your screen:
10) Instead, swipe to the right so you an view the "Randomize" tab. Read the info if you like:
11) Now swipe to the left to the "Local" tab. And navigate to the folder where you stored your boot animations that you have downloaded from this thread:
INSTALLING A SINGLE BOOT ANIMATION FROM THE FREE VERSION OF ROM TOOLBOX:
1) Single-click on any boot animation you see in this folder:
2) Click on "Install".
3) Reboot phone and on the first (OR SECOND) reboot, you should see your boot animation and it should fill the 1080x1920 screen.
INSTALLING RANDOM BOOT ANIMATIONS IF YOU UPGRADED TO THE PRO VERSION OF ROM TOOLBOX:
1) At the "Randomize" tab, move the sider to the "On" position (top right of screen):
2) Swipe left to the "Local" tab:
3) Single-click a boot animation and select the "Add to randomizer" option (repeat for each boot animation you want):
4) If you're on the free version of ROM Toolbox, you'll be prompted to upgrade. Select either "Unlock boot randomizer" or "ROM Toolbox Pro". The Pro version is more expensive, but it unlocks every option the app has. And there are lots of cool options. Choice is up to you:
5) Since I already paid for the pro version, I installed that:
6) Now click on "open":
7) Go through the steps again and grant Root Permissions when prompted (your Superuser request may be different looking than mine):
8) Ignore the disclaimer:
9) When you finish adding boot animations to the randomizer, your "Randomize" tab will look similar to this. Now you're ready to reboot over and over and over and enjoy all your new boot animations!
Thank you to JaeKar99 for creating or sourcing all the boot animations that I modified to work in 1080x1920 resolution for our Galaxy S4 phones.
Thank you to despotovski01 for creating Boot Animation Factory.
Thank you to jsho31 on XDA for pointing me to ROM Toolbox (which I already had but didn't realize it had the boot animation randomizer - which is awesome!)