Similar development for Nook HD can also be downloaded in these threads: Pure SD and Hybrid SD/EMMC.
- cyanoboot menu
- Pure SD (4 Partitions)
- Install ROM purely in SD card (Speed very dependent on SD card performance)
- Dual boot BN Stock and CM (Need to temporarily eject SD while Stock is booting to allow it to boot completely)
- Hybrid SD/EMMC (3 Partitions)
- ROM System stored in SD card while Data is shared with Stock in EMMC (Better performance than pure SD)
- Dual boot BN Stock and CM seamlessly
- Download the latest CM10.1 ROM below to your internal storage using the stock BN ROM.
While at it, you may also want to download the latest gapps-jb-20130301 here.
- Depending on the type of installation decided, download one of the zip files below to your PC.
- Pure SD - sdcard-cwm-ovation-sdv1.img.zip
- Hybrid SD/EMMC - sdcard-cwm-ovation-hybridv3.zip *** updated 6/12 ***
For existing hybrid installation, extract file from update.20130612.ramdisk-hybrid.hd+.zip and overwrite ramdisk.hybrid of the boot partition using your PC. Boot and your hybrid setup will now be running under the latest version.
(This will format data in the EMMC stored by leapinlar's HD+ hybrid installation. Use Pure SD installation instead if preserving previous hybrid installation is so desired) Edited: Look here for instruction from leapinlar in preserving previous data.
- Extract the downloaded file in step 2 and write the resulting image into the SD card using any appropriate tool. (All data in the card will be destroyed)
- Turn the Nook HD+ off and insert the newly written card into its SD slot.
- When the device is turned on again, it should be able to boot from the SD card now. (For some SD cards not booting, look here)
- The cyanoboot screen will appear at the initial boot. (Do not interrupt during this process. The device will reboot once if installing the Hybrid)
- Wait until the CWM Recovery is displayed. (At this point in time, the SD card will be properly partitioned and formatted, ready for ROM flashing)
- Install the downloaded ROM in by selecting install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from internal sdcard -> file downloaded in step 1. Do the same with gapps (optional).
- Reboot the device and CM10.1 should start booting.
- Wait until the ROM is properly booted the first time. (It may take a while and blank/distorted screens may be encountered during this time)
- Enjoy your new CM10.1/SGT7.
- Download the latest CM10.1 ROM below to your internal storage using the stock BN ROM/CM10.1.
- Boot into CWM Recovery.
- Install the downloaded ROM by selecting install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from internal sdcard -> file downloaded in step 1. No need to reinstall gapps.
cm-10.1-20131230-UNOFFICIAL-ovation*** latest ***Sources:verygreen, fattire, leapinlar and sgt7 team for their works.
- Boot animation fixed
- Increased audio levels
- Added USB host mode to Quick Settings
- Integrated new "Nook Tweaks" heading under Settings. Currently only Forced USB Host option is available (No need for verygreen's switcher anymore). Checking 'Set on boot' will restore setting after a reboot.
- USB storage now automatically mounted.
- Added kernel support for verygreen's Forced USBHost Switcher. (Please test).
- Initial port of Paranoid Android's HALO by sgt7. To enable: Settings->System->HALO->Activate HALO.
- Fixed: Missing menu icon
- Working: Wi-Fi Direct (Tested with my HD)
- Tethering and hotspot
- Working: Wi-Fi hotpsot
- Not yet tested: USB Tethering
- Not yet working: BT Tethering
- Note for hybrid setup: Need to extract ramdisk.hybrid from update.20130616.ramdisk-hybrid.hd+.zip into the SD card boot partition.
- Note for hybrid setup: Need to extract ramdisk.hybrid from update.20130612.ramdisk-hybrid.hd+.zip into the SD card boot partition.
- Fixed: Intermittent boot problem.
- Note for hybrid setup: Need to extract ramdisk.hybrid from update-6-8.zip into the SD card boot partition.
- Fixed: WIFI slowing down the AP where it is connected.