FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Firefox OS on Xperia 2011 !!!!!

270 posts
Thanks Meter: 301

By danutzgtx480, Senior Member on 29th May 2013, 07:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

Edit : I PORTED FIREFOX OS TO SMULTRON !!! (with my Viking method)

First i edited the CM9 kernel Ramdisk => init.b2g.rc and init.rc files
Second i ported the latest Keon nightly replacing libs,bulid.prop lines etc. -Basic ROM porting
I need a tester..I have smultron but it's my only phone and right now i use it alot ,i can''t play with it

So if anyone want to try and see if it works HERE IS THE ZIP (KERNEL INSIDE) -Smultron_Firefox_OS_1.zip

1.First make a backup !
2.WIPE EVERYTHING (SYSTEM,DATA,CACHE,DALVIK)
3.Install Smultron_Firefox_OS_1.zip

4.Don't blame me if anything goes wrong (theoretically only bootloop can happen but you never know )

Quote:

We have :
-OFFICIAL PORTING TUTORIAL -https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Firefox_OS/Porting
-Official ICS from sony
-Stable CM9
-HVGA resolution as B2G phones
-Snapdragon S2 1Ghz
-The kernel is very similar to the stock kernel , but it has firefox os patch (need modify init.rc or something like this) I'am a Noob
-similar phones that have B2G ports like HTC EXPLORER,ZTE BLADE III ,Nexus S and others :P

So..why not to Xperia 2011 line? or atleast to MDPI phones ...
If a developer can port this to one of this devices then it will be very easy to make it for all MDPI
From my experience with Android i think that Firefox OS is a better OS.Why? Because is simple and fast.
On my xperia mini ST15i i tested all kinds of Roms...CM7,9,10,10.1 MIUI ,LEWA OS,stock GB,stock ICS ...all of them seems to be very resources hungry because Android is heavy.
Firefox OS:
-lightweight
-HTML5
-WebGL
-Boot in less than 6 seconds
-The small footprint of a browser based operating system means that B2G should significantly extend battery life before re-charging.
-B2G will be the first mobile OS to use Do Not Track at the operating system level.
-many more

...this is the future.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to danutzgtx480 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift danutzgtx480 Ad-Free

29th May 2013, 03:06 PM |#2  
Flag Lubartów
Thanks Meter: 773

More
"Boot in less than 6 seconds"

Oh yeah, that's the future

Sent from my Xperia Mini Pro using xda app-developers app
29th May 2013, 06:48 PM |#3  
Recognized Developer
Flag Zrenjanin
Thanks Meter: 4,111

Donate to Me
More
Whay you dont try to port it

Sent from my LT18i using xda app-developers app
29th May 2013, 06:53 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 301

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1kolaa

Whay you dont try to port it

Sent from my LT18i using xda app-developers app

First i don't have any experiences with kernels,compiling from source ..etc.
Second i have a slow PC with limited HDD space and RAM memory
30th May 2013, 08:47 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I have the computer to do it (i5 3570k) but the instructions look pretty complicated. Also my internet is cr*p. I got a 384 kbit/s connection
I am interested in trying firefox os as well. Maybe someone else has the knowledge and computer power to do it?
30th May 2013, 10:47 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
I've got lots of computer power (4gb ram, 1Tb hard drive) and have a small knowledge. Would be happy to do it but would like some one to help me. Also got good internet. If it is only for unlocked bootloader, I can't help you as much as I could because I have a locked bootloader.

Sent from my WT19i using xda app-developers app
31st May 2013, 12:41 PM |#7  
Flag Ernakulam
Thanks Meter: 84

More
I would love to give it a try...though im a noob(we have to start somewhere)...but my only problem is my internet! If my laptop runs on hydrogen then my ISP runs on firewood! Takes ages to download the repos but i sure would like to give it a go....
31st May 2013, 10:44 PM |#8  

More
I think there are enough people to try it now so why don't we give it a go.

rebelos
2nd June 2013, 08:07 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
let me also join the Firefox os league though i got no good system to work on but got super Powered Internet..!
rebelos
2nd June 2013, 02:18 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
anyone started intial work ..? currently asking Dan(ubuntu touch porter) to help us..!
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
2nd June 2013, 02:23 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by officiallysonyrebel

anyone started intial work ..? currently asking Dan(ubuntu touch porter) to help us..!

Accidentally pressed thanks. Anyway, I have started downloading the build for Xperia E

The Following User Says Thank You to hjhita979 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hjhita979 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
b2g, dev, firefoxos, ics

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)