FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Viber mic on Karbonn Titanium S5

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By nixsix6, Junior Member on 29th May 2013, 07:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi my voice is not heard in this phone Karbonn Titanium S5 when I use viber, but can be heard when I use Skype or use normal GSM calls.

29th May 2013, 08:12 AM |#2  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixsix6

Hi my voice is not heard in this phone Karbonn Titanium S5 when I use viber, but can be heard when I use Skype or use normal GSM calls.

Am facing the same problem buddy. The phone is amazing but as Viber and Fring are not working on this phone, am thinking to re-sell this phone and buy a Samsung phone. If anyone can get a solution for this issue, it would be great.
4th June 2013, 04:24 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by storadm250

Am facing the same problem buddy. The phone is amazing but as Viber and Fring are not working on this phone, am thinking to re-sell this phone and buy a Samsung phone. If anyone can get a solution for this issue, it would be great.

I think there must be some solution to this. Hope this forum helps.
6th June 2013, 07:30 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 528

More
Hi, this is Viber's rep.

Do you guys use stock or custom ROM?
In addition, please check: http://bit.ly/xMDuVw for possible solutions.

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Viber Team For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Viber Team Ad-Free
7th June 2013, 06:38 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Its a stock ROM (i.e. its come with the phone) , Android 4.1.2
8th June 2013, 07:26 PM |#6  

More
Please note that Viber does not officially support your device yet, and that may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially supported devices: http://helpme.viber.com/Knowledgebas...m-requirements
We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to make your device fully compatible soon. When we have news, we'll let you know.
25th June 2013, 01:01 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Would rooting and using CyanogenMod help?
26th June 2013, 03:06 PM |#8  

More
We (Viber) cannot officially recommend this.

In some devices, Viber cannot "handle" the microphone (since we don't fully support that device), causing Viber not to recognize the phone's microphone properly. That is probably the reason that Viber cannot transmit your sound to the other side. We discussed this issue in detail with our users in this thread on XDA Forums: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5#post25865775

Please note that in that thread, a workaround was suggested *by a user* (and not officially by us) that seemed to have solved the problem for Galaxy S+S2 users.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
karbonn-titanium-s5

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)