[FIRMWARE]&[ROOT] 672.300.404.XT910.ChinaRetail.en.CN Android 4.1.2 CHINA for every1!

Search This thread
[FIRMWARE]&[ROOT] 672.300.404.XT910.ChinaRetail.en.CN Android 4.1.2 CHINA for every1!

Hello all,

This is a simple how to tutorial for flashing Chinese stock 4.1.2 firmware on a EMEA device by me. This is a stock solution made available with custom tools. It will be easy if you're accustomed with flashing your razr with bmm. I would like to send thanks to Motorola China XT910_CN developer team lead by Mr.Frank Wang and our own whirleyes for his root and reliable boot menu manager tools.

You might wonder why someone in Turkey would use China firmware with his european origin XT910 RAZR phone. My experiences with this device for 19 months since 11-2011, i can easily say xt910 is reborn like a beast with CHINA firmware. It has become that phone i always imagined before i bought it. :) Device acts much better, it gets better network and data connection compared to stock EMEA 4.1.2 firmware as well as better WIFI connection. There're also many advantages of CHINA 4.1.2 firmware compared to Stock EMEA or LATAM, Verizon 4.1.2 builds like 9.3gb internal memory,call recording,better battery consumption, 3D and media performance. I tried nearly all of the roms for xt910 and decided to settle with this for stock rom needs. These are some of the reasons why i am posting this for all. Please don't continue if you can't meet the following cautions or if you don't know what you're exactly doing.

1- Have your battery %100 charged.
2- You created a backup of your CID partition and deleted it with BootMenuManager.
3- This firmware is only compatible with XT910, XT910S,XT910K,XT909. It won't work with XT912.
4- Devices flashed CDT.BIN secure version higher than 5 can not boot the CHINA kernel,It will result boot failure error Do not continue if you flashed stock emea 4.1.2 with OTA or RSD Lite.
5- Internal memory will be repartitioned to 9.3gb meaning webtop partition will be joined with the rest of sdcard, also means that your data will be lost. Backup your data.

After comparing different cdt.bin files, i decided to create a table for reference. Secure version information for various ics and jb motorola releases for XT910 regions. As of now, there's no known way for downgrade. Remember your last flashed stock motorola rom by rsd or ota? This information will let you know your CDT.BIN version. Didn't include gingerbread cdt.bin information but it's 3.

a1txug.png

1- Download fastboot-p2b_spyder-umts_spyder-user-4.1.2-6.7.2_GC-404-430-release-keys-ChinaRetail-CN_chn.tar.gz 4shared mirror
Click the 362.72mb link, u'll get a pop-up, click the link at the right.

2- Unpack firmware and open default.xml file with wordpad, delete the 15th line completely " <step operation="flash" partition="cdt.bin" filename="cdt.bin"> " and save default.xml file. This will prevent flashing cdt.bin secure version 5 to device which makes it possible to downgrade to your original ics firmware. This is very important step since flashing cdt.bin included in this firmware will get your device stuck with a CID deleted device with BMM+China 4.1.2, alternatively EMEA 4.1.2 as a worse solution.

3- Connect phone in AP Fastboot mode and flash the firmware with RSD Lite 6 or higher.After rsd lite finished, phone will reboot and start in recovery, it will flash radio partition and restart. First boot up must be with BP Tools since you didn't install BMM yet. If you don't start with BP Tools you'll always get black screen after bootlogo cause you've deleted the CID partition to bypass the regional checks.

Boot mode selection menu ( VOL UP / DOWN + POWER )
SOFT RESET : VOL DOWN + POWER for 10 seconds.

4- Root and install bmm+supersu to your device using the MotoModTR_CN404_root script. I translated whirleyes razr_legacy_china 4.1.2 root script into turkish and replaced boot.img from 672.300.404 firmware. If you don't understand the commands in the script try original one from project lense site >dowloads>sypder>razr_legacy_jbroot_034.zip and replace boot.img from the firmware in umts_spyder-user-4.1.2-6.7.2_GC-404-430-release-keys-ChinaRetail-CN_chn.tar.gz .

5- Flash Motorola GMS R4 gapps package with Boot Menu Manager. (click mb valued link and click the link at the right in pop-up screen) 4shared Mirror

Screenshots from 672.300.404 China System

fvif5t.jpg
2vx27ok.jpg

nwy9g2.jpg
346nrqs.jpg

Small tips :

* Go to phone settings from stock dialer and turn off Assisted Dialing feature.
* Delete unnecesarry chinese preloaded apps and disable unused stock apps.
* Go to wifi settings > turn off " avaiod poor connections " option for better wifi.

Everything will work fine if you follow the tutorial but there's always a chance of brick, malfunction etc. It's your responsibility if this tutorial or yourself break your device.

Happy flashing, Semseddin.

Last edited:

demonshouter

Mar 18, 2012
Wonosobo
Wanna give this a try, just too bad Ive stock eu jb on my razr, so no chance right? Btw, will eu jb gets updates in the future?

Last edited:

anwoo

Apr 11, 2010
If I have an Asian handset (bought in Malaysia), and already did the OTA update (from gingerbread to ics), would I be able to install this?

demonshouter

Mar 18, 2012
Wonosobo
Unless china Jb updates its cdt, right? Btw, can u upload the baseband please or anyone has uploaded it? Thanks in advance.
Edit: Have downloaded the ROM and try the baseband....I think it has good signal and maybe battery friendly too.....

Ndietya

Last edited:

markshane

Jun 30, 2010
Dubai
Hi Semseddin,

I've flashed a ROM called DSEA by artur0588 on my webtop partition. Its a JB 982.124.14.XT910.Retail.en.AU

Will it be possible for me to flash this China firmware on my EMEARAZR stock partition? (I never erased my CID)

THANKS

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Hello guys,
@Tair, no you can't flash this yet, sorry.
@markshane, it's a custom rom flashed in webtop partition with bmm. It doesn't give a clue if you updated to stock EMEA jelly bean with rsd lite or ota in the past. You can not use this only if you have updated cdt.bin to version 7. This only happens if you flashed 982.124.14.XT910.Retail.en.EU-AU-DE-FR fastboot file with rsd lite or have flashed OTA.zip file from stock recovery.

markshane

Jun 30, 2010
Dubai
Hello guys,
@Tair, no you can't flash this yet, sorry.
@markshane, it's a custom rom flashed in webtop partition with bmm. It doesn't give a clue if you updated to stock EMEA jelly bean with rsd lite or ota in the past. You can not use this only if you have updated cdt.bin to version 7. This only happens if you flashed 982.124.14.XT910.Retail.en.EU-AU-DE-FR fastboot file with rsd lite or have flashed OTA.zip file from stock recovery.
Thanks Semsedding... I'll go ahead and try it out... will let you know the results!!!

markshane

Jun 30, 2010
Dubai
Hi Semseddin,

I flashed this firmware using RSD and was able to boot using BP Tools. I have 2 issues as of now:

1. When I try to root and flash BMM using the script (I use the one by whirleyes and replaced the boot.img) I'm not able to do it successfully. I follow the instructions to hold vol up and down and select BP tools but after that it says done but upon restarting, I'm still stuck at black screen. Please help me out on how to get BMM on my phone.

2. When I connect my phone to PC as a Mass Storage, the storage devices don't show up. I'm not able to access the drives.

Thanks

Last edited:

Ramdanih

Jun 16, 2010
Depok
I installing 672.300.404.XT910.ChinaRetail.en.CN Android 4.1.2 >> root >> and using BMM

And yes, I have format my CID. but why must booting with BP Tools?

Hi Semseddin,

I flashed this firmware using RSD and was able to boot using BP Tools. I have 2 issues as of now:

1. When I try to root and flash BMM using the script (I use the one by whirleyes and replaced the boot.img) I'm not able to do it successfully. I follow the instructions to hold vol up and down and select BP tools but after that it says done but upon restarting, I'm still stuck at black screen. Please help me out on how to get BMM on my phone.

2. When I connect my phone to PC as a Mass Storage, the storage devices don't show up. I'm not able to access the drives.

Thanks

Hello markshane,

1- When the script finishes its job, it means that device is rooted and bootmenu manager and supersu apps are installed. You'll have to open bmm app from the app drawer and install it from the app menu,too.

2- It's because of bmm isn't configured and system is loaded without bmm. That's why you get that issue.
@Ramdanih,

Without bmm, you will always have to boot the device with BP-Tools cause you deleted CID to run CHINA kernel on a EMEA XT910.

Reactions: markshane

Ramdanih

Jun 16, 2010
Depok
Hello markshane,

1- When the script finishes its job, it means that device is rooted and bootmenu manager and supersu apps are installed. You'll have to open bmm app from the app drawer and install it from the app menu,too.

2- It's because of bmm isn't configured and system is loaded without bmm. That's why you get that issue.

@Ramdanih,

Without bmm, you will always have to boot the device with BP-Tools cause you deleted CID to run CHINA kernel on a EMEA XT910.

I install BMM. but still has booting with BP Tools.
BMM can't bypass CID.
And I have receipe error after restart or normal booting..

markshane

Jun 30, 2010
Dubai
Hi Semseddin,

Thank you for your reply. I was able to install BMM using your Turkish Translated script (with help from Google Translate) and the phone is up and running fine for last 2 days. I have a few doubts concerning the Firmware which are as below:

1. The battery seems to die slowly up until it's 50% after that I always encounter some kind of soft reboot (Moto Logo) and then it runs down pretty quickly. When using 3G, the battery only lasts me about 4 - 5 hours (with screen on time as max 2.5 hrs) I don't have any apps installed other than What'sApp.

2. When I receive a call, my contact's name doesn't show up, just the number, when I goto call log, the name displays there. I have disabled the assisted dialing feature but still this happens.

Other than this, the phone really feels snappy and fast.

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hello all,

This is a simple how to tutorial for flashing Chinese stock 4.1.2 firmware on a EMEA device by me. This is a stock solution made available with custom tools. It will be easy if you're accustomed with flashing your razr with bmm. I would like to send thanks to Motorola China XT910_CN developer team lead by Mr.Frank Wang and our own whirleyes for his root and reliable boot menu manager tools.

You might wonder why someone in Turkey would use China firmware with his european origin XT910 RAZR phone. My experiences with this device for 19 months since 11-2011, i can easily say xt910 is reborn like a beast with CHINA firmware. It has become that phone i always imagined before i bought it. :) Device acts much better, it gets better network and data connection compared to stock EMEA 4.1.2 firmware as well as better WIFI connection. There're also many advantages of CHINA 4.1.2 firmware compared to Stock EMEA or LATAM, Verizon 4.1.2 builds like 9.3gb internal memory,call recording,better battery consumption, 3D and media performance. I tried nearly all of the roms for xt910 and decided to settle with this for stock rom needs. These are some of the reasons why i am posting this for all. Please don't continue if you can't meet the following cautions or if you don't know what you're exactly doing.

1- Have your battery %100 charged.
    2- You created a backup of your CID partition and deleted it with BootMenuManager.
    3- This firmware is only compatible with XT910, XT910S,XT910K,XT909. It won't work with XT912.
    4- Devices flashed CDT.BIN secure version higher than 5 can not boot the CHINA kernel,It will result boot failure error Do not continue if you flashed stock emea 4.1.2 with OTA or RSD Lite.
    5- Internal memory will be repartitioned to 9.3gb meaning webtop partition will be joined with the rest of sdcard, also means that your data will be lost. Backup your data.

After comparing different cdt.bin files, i decided to create a table for reference. Secure version information for various ics and jb motorola releases for XT910 regions. As of now, there's no known way for downgrade. Remember your last flashed stock motorola rom by rsd or ota? This information will let you know your CDT.BIN version. Didn't include gingerbread cdt.bin information but it's 3.

a1txug.png

1- Download fastboot-p2b_spyder-umts_spyder-user-4.1.2-6.7.2_GC-404-430-release-keys-ChinaRetail-CN_chn.tar.gz 4shared mirror
    Click the 362.72mb link, u'll get a pop-up, click the link at the right.

2- Unpack firmware and open default.xml file with wordpad, delete the 15th line completely " <step operation="flash" partition="cdt.bin" filename="cdt.bin"> " and save default.xml file. This will prevent flashing cdt.bin secure version 5 to device which makes it possible to downgrade to your original ics firmware. This is very important step since flashing cdt.bin included in this firmware will get your device stuck with a CID deleted device with BMM+China 4.1.2, alternatively EMEA 4.1.2 as a worse solution.

3- Connect phone in AP Fastboot mode and flash the firmware with RSD Lite 6 or higher.After rsd lite finished, phone will reboot and start in recovery, it will flash radio partition and restart. First boot up must be with BP Tools since you didn't install BMM yet. If you don't start with BP Tools you'll always get black screen after bootlogo cause you've deleted the CID partition to bypass the regional checks.

Boot mode selection menu ( VOL UP / DOWN + POWER )
    SOFT RESET : VOL DOWN + POWER for 10 seconds.

4- Root and install bmm+supersu to your device using the MotoModTR_CN404_root script. I translated whirleyes razr_legacy_china 4.1.2 root script into turkish and replaced boot.img from 672.300.404 firmware. If you don't understand the commands in the script try original one from project lense site >dowloads>sypder>razr_legacy_jbroot_034.zip and replace boot.img from the firmware in umts_spyder-user-4.1.2-6.7.2_GC-404-430-release-keys-ChinaRetail-CN_chn.tar.gz .

5- Flash Motorola GMS R4 gapps package with Boot Menu Manager. (click mb valued link and click the link at the right in pop-up screen) 4shared Mirror

Screenshots from 672.300.404 China System

fvif5t.jpg
    2vx27ok.jpg

nwy9g2.jpg
    346nrqs.jpg

Small tips :

* Go to phone settings from stock dialer and turn off Assisted Dialing feature.
    * Delete unnecesarry chinese preloaded apps and disable unused stock apps.
    * Go to wifi settings > turn off " avaiod poor connections " option for better wifi.

Everything will work fine if you follow the tutorial but there's always a chance of brick, malfunction etc. It's your responsibility if this tutorial or yourself break your device.

Happy flashing, Semseddin.
    teşekkürler usta.
    Hi Semseddin,

Thanks

Hello markshane,

@Ramdanih,

Hello markshane,

1- You can try battery stats wipe from bmm and calibrate the battery. Remember that 5 hours of 3G browsing is not a bad score for xt910.

2- Copy your sim contacts to phone and delete all of your sim contacts.
    change search engine

Q: "Do anyone knows how to change browser's search behavior? it always sends me to Baidu portal. setting google as default homepage doesnt change this.... thanks in advance."

A: Open Browser, menu button, Settings/Advanced/Set Search Engine. Choice.

Regards!