13,194 posts
Thanks Meter: 39,783

Thread Closed Email Thread

----------------[ ANNOUNCEMENT ]--------------------

DooMKernel v07 released!

----------------[ ANNOUNCEMENT ]--------------------

DooMKernel for Xperia Tablet Z!!!

[ intro ]

so friends i present to u the legendary DooMKernel!

some of my friends requested my kernel for this device so here it is...

i dont have the device with me so you guys will have to do testing and report back...

features will be same as DooMKernel for Xperia Z

PLEASE READ THE ABOVE THREAD FOR DETAILS OF FEATURES AND HOW TO USE THEM!

use this kernel thread only for reporting bugs... please do not flood this development thread with non-development related questions...

[ disclaimer ]

OVERCLOCKING CAN BE DANGEROUS! U RISK THE HARDWARE GETTING DAMAGED!
PROCEED WITH CAUTION! U HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I AM NOT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF U DAMAGE UR PHONE / SPILL UR COFFEE / MISS UR ALARMS / ANY OTHER CALAMITY/MISHAP

DO NOT CROSS FLASH! THIS IS MENT ONLY FOR Xperia Tablet Z (SGP321)

[ NOTICE ]

for now TWRP is not integrated into this kernel...

[ features ]

check my Xperia Z DooMKernel thread for details

Known issue with overclocking

[ credits for features ]

check my Xperia Z DooMKernel thread for details

[ requirements ]
  • Xperia Tablet Z [SGP321]
  • stock JellyBean FW
    • 10.1.1.A.1.253 - v07
  • bootloader unlocked
  • working fastboot

[ how to install my kernel ] (via fastboot)
  1. download the kernel package
  2. save the boot.img to the folder containing fastboot binary
  3. flash the boot.img using fastboot:
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
  4. reboot from fastboot
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
  5. the device should now start booting, enjoy the kernel

FOR OVERCLOCKING
  1. start SetCPU/NoFrills CPU Control app on ur phone (or any other app which supports overclocking) (u may get a popup asking for SuperUser permissions, click ok/yes/allow)
  2. now slowly increase the MAX slider to the right (one notch at a time) to increase the maximum frequency limit
  3. DO NOT JUMP TO THE LAST POSSIBLE FREQUENCY
  4. SLOWLY increase the frequency one notch at a time and do stability/testing for few hours

[ tips / recommendations ]

1. before u report any battery drain issues please read this:
    [GUIDE] HOW-TO Properly Evaluate Battery Life and Provide Useful Reports

2. faux123 has posted very nice info regarding most features

[ my kernel sources ]

Quote:

Just a statement regarding kernel source: The Kernel Source is released for all at GITHUB repo given below. BUT Free software does NOT mean no work or time was spent working on it. A lot of my free time has gone into patching/testing this kernel/features integrated in this kernel. If you use my modified kernel source in parts or in its entirety, I kindly ask you mention its origins and to send me a github pull request or PM whenever you find bugs or think you can help improve my kernel hack further. This way the entire community will truly benefit from the spirit of open source.

Thank you !

https://github.com/DooMLoRD/android_kernel_sony_apq8064

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

[ downloads ]

KINDLY DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES

NEW:

v07 (changelog)

[Xperia Tablet Z] DooMKernel v07
[ MD5HASH: 31c24a404ee30bfb3cf0a178e8532ab3 ]

OLD:

Please do as much testing as possible and report back if you are running into any issues!

[ DooMKernel Signature banners!!! ]

If you like to use my kernels and u want to show the world that u use it/love it , then you can add this banner to you signature!!!

Just copy the following code and paste it in you USER CP under "Edit Signature":
HTML Code:
[URL="http://bit.ly/dk_tabz"][IMG]https://img.xda-cdn.com/KFRW2RxLuQv5nRO0tEU952P0rOA=/http%3A%2F%2Fdoomlord.sylvester20007.com%2Fdoomkernel.png[/IMG][/URL]

READ THIS POST AND THE THREAD CAREFULLY BEFORE ASKING QUESTION!

cheers!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DooMLoRD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DooMLoRD Ad-Free
29th May 2013, 07:36 PM |#2  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
DooMKernel v07 released!

• initial release for this device
  • updated to kernel sources 10.1.1.A.1.253
  • only for model number SGP321 (WiFi+LTE)

Please do consider sending me donation if you like my work!

download links at first post!

Keep watching the TO-DO list for planned/work in progress features

Cheers!
30th May 2013, 10:59 PM |#3  
Flag Somewhere
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Thanks for working on this device, it's an amazing tablet i just go root using your method and i want to try your kernel, but unfortunately i've the 311 WiFi only version, so i was wondering if you have plans to release a version for this one. Thank you.
1st June 2013, 12:20 AM |#4  
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 332

More
SGP312 kernel?
Any plans to compile a kernel for SGP312?? (US WiFi only version)
1st June 2013, 08:58 AM |#5  
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apo11on

Any plans to compile a kernel for SGP312?? (US WiFi only version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanyunis

Thanks for working on this device, it's an amazing tablet i just go root using your method and i want to try your kernel, but unfortunately i've the 311 WiFi only version, so i was wondering if you have plans to release a version for this one. Thank you.

I will compile a kernel for you guys... What is the firmware version you are using .253? Can u send me the kernel.sin from that FTF?

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
1st June 2013, 09:42 AM |#6  
Flag San Diego, CA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DooMLoRD

I will compile a kernel for you guys... What is the firmware version you are using .253? Can u send me the kernel.sin from that FTF?

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

I hope this answers your question about the firmware - see attached.
I understand kernel.sin packs ramdisk and some other stuff, but I'm not sure how to to create it...I just got the tablet this morning - US pre-orders shipped only 2 days ago, so I'm not even rooted yet - about to work on that
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-06-01-00-23-49.jpg
Views:	680
Size:	195.4 KB
ID:	2008793  
1st June 2013, 01:08 PM |#7  
Flag San Diego, CA

More
root doesnt work
root doesnt work, as myself and others reported in the root threads, so I guess no point of making a kernel until we get a working root exploit for US version of XTZ
1st June 2013, 02:29 PM |#8  
Flag Somewhere
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:

root doesnt work, as myself and others reported in the root threads, so I guess no point of making a kernel until we get a working root exploit for US version of XTZ

It's working i've the same build version and i was able to root my device (SGP311). I did the root on Mac OSX 10.8.3 i just changed the adb binary included on the root as many method, followed the instructions and it worked as expected. Also if you are able to root your device after the script finish it's going to reboot the device, after the reboot, reboot again, install SuperSU from PlayStore since the one integrated is not that good.
1st June 2013, 09:44 PM |#9  
Flag San Diego, CA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanyunis

It's working i've the same build version and i was able to root my device (SGP311). I did the root on Mac OSX 10.8.3 i just changed the adb binary included on the root as many method, followed the instructions and it worked as expected. Also if you are able to root your device after the script finish it's going to reboot the device, after the reboot, reboot again, install SuperSU from PlayStore since the one integrated is not that good.

When I say "root doesnt work" I mean specifically on SGP312, which is US WiFi only version, as already stated. You have a different device, so the fact it runs same build number means nothing to our ability to root different device. This root does *not* work on SGP312, not only myself but others have reported it as well and I have already tried all the suggestions you made such as reinstalling superuser from playstore, and several other things I could think of.

Sent from my SGP312 using xda premium
2nd June 2013, 09:31 AM |#10  
Newquay, UK
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Hi,

I have been using your kernel on my Xperia Z for quite some time now, many thanks ! Is there any chance you can compile this kernel for the UK or EU SGP311 on 344 ?? I think you should have the firmware files already !

Cheers !
2nd June 2013, 11:20 AM |#11  
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

When I say "root doesnt work" I mean specifically on SGP312, which is US WiFi only version, as already stated. You have a different device, so the fact it runs same build number means nothing to our ability to root different device. This root does *not* work on SGP312, not only myself but others have reported it as well and I have already tried all the suggestions you made such as reinstalling superuser from playstore, and several other things I could think of.

Sent from my SGP312 using xda premium

with this kernel u will always be rooted... just flash the rooting update.zip in recovery...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpearn

Hi,

I have been using your kernel on my Xperia Z for quite some time now, many thanks ! Is there any chance you can compile this kernel for the UK or EU SGP311 on 344 ?? I think you should have the firmware files already !

Cheers !

i will create one later... right now busy with other work
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DooMLoRD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DooMLoRD Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
doomkernel
Previous Thread Next Thread