14th July 2013, 05:56 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 4,809

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by turilo

Ok I'll give it another go today, seems last night it just hung at ready and did nothing. Thanks for the info :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

most likely because you haven't changed the com port to 41. make sure you don't skip that step.
14th July 2013, 06:22 PM |#32  
Flag Hamilton,Ont
Thanks Meter: 1,571

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmack

most likely because you haven't changed the com port to 41. make sure you don't skip that step.

yep, I followed steps fully I had it at com port 41, but same thing happened again. So i pulled the USB cable out of the phone while still in Downloadmode and plugged it back in quickly and the flashing commenced, might be this PC. all is good now fully updated and rooted with TWRP installed Thanks again for the Tutorial madmack
14th July 2013, 06:24 PM |#33  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

yep, I followed steps fully I had it at com port 41, but same thing happened again. So i pulled the USB cable out of the phone while still in Downloadmode and plugged it back in quickly and the flashing commenced, might be this PC. all is good now fully updated and rooted with TWRP installed Thanks again for the Tutorial madmack

You're very welcome ! I'm glad you got it resolved.
The Following User Says Thank You to madmack For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift madmack Ad-Free
14th July 2013, 10:24 PM |#34  
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:

I had to do the exact same thing. Once the port was ready and I plugged the phone in download mode, it just sat there. I unplugged for 5 seconds and then plugged back in and the process began.

Sent from my LG-E980 using xda app-developers app
16th July 2013, 12:45 AM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I need help: I do all the steps outlined but never starts the upgrade process. is uqeda in wait ... disconnect and connect the usb download mode and progresses. I must say I do COM ports change to those specified in the manual, my system is Windows XP opetativo and I appear correctly on my Android drivers

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by htorrado1979

I need help: I do all the steps outlined but never starts the upgrade process. is uqeda in wait ... disconnect and connect the usb download mode and progresses. I must say I do COM ports change to those specified in the manual, my system is Windows XP opetativo and I appear correctly on my Android drivers

try another PC (WINDOWS XP) and not moving, that operating system used? should be with the original data cable LG or another brand I use?
19th July 2013, 06:59 AM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up
First of all, I'd like to thank you very much for the thorough guide because this is the only way I can get the value update pack.
My experience was pretty much the same as Ricco333's, which was the indicator reached 95% and my phone started the initial setup. However, at the end of the flashing process, LG FlashTool said Download FAIL!! and the error was F0000002.

Is it normal? Should I do another flash?

My phone seems working properly. I can see all the updates of the value update pack.
19th July 2013, 07:23 AM |#37  

More
Read through all the pages here and it looks like this works wonders. Unfortunately, nothing matched my issue exactly. I have TWRP installed on my phone and now I've gotten it stuck in a loop and all I can get to is the TWRP boot. When I turn the phone on, it has the LG logo then has the same error listed before about secure booting error. Can I fix it with the method in the thread or do I have to try another way? Also, I did make a backup before it messed up, but restoring and doing factory resets hasn't changed anything.
19th July 2013, 01:48 PM |#38  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anhdvu

First of all, I'd like to thank you very much for the thorough guide because this is the only way I can get the value update pack.
My experience was pretty much the same as Ricco333's, which was the indicator reached 95% and my phone started the initial setup. However, at the end of the flashing process, LG FlashTool said Download FAIL!! and the error was F0000002.

Is it normal? Should I do another flash?

My phone seems working properly. I can see all the updates of the value update pack.

I personally wouldn't change or do anything. I think you're good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale3k21

Read through all the pages here and it looks like this works wonders. Unfortunately, nothing matched my issue exactly. I have TWRP installed on my phone and now I've gotten it stuck in a loop and all I can get to is the TWRP boot. When I turn the phone on, it has the LG logo then has the same error listed before about secure booting error. Can I fix it with the method in the thread or do I have to try another way? Also, I did make a backup before it messed up, but restoring and doing factory resets hasn't changed anything.

Yes, this method will most likely reset your phone successfully as it resets all partitions.
20th July 2013, 01:33 AM |#39  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmack

Yes, this method will most likely reset your phone successfully as it resets all partitions.

Worked like a charm. Unfortunately for me, AT&T didn't put my contacts on my SIM card when they transferred them over. so now I have to get those back. >_<
20th July 2013, 06:16 AM |#40  
Temple Hills
Thanks Meter: 15

More
FailedPreviousLoad Error???? Help Please!
So after trying this once again finally understood the direction and got the flashtool to work,however after i load the files a ready or finished window is not shown instead i get a "FailedPreviousLoad()" message. I should mention during this the device wAS NOT CONNECTED to the computer as i show in the screnshots.
Someone please help me about this issue. I am really eager to recover to stock and upgrade!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1455
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	2129342   Click image for larger version

Name:	Captur2e.JPG
Views:	1375
Size:	175.1 KB
ID:	2129343   Click image for larger version

Name:	port.JPG
Views:	1337
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	2129345  
20th July 2013, 03:51 PM |#41  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlosfulll7

So after trying this once again finally understood the direction and got the flashtool to work,however after i load the files a ready or finished window is not shown instead i get a "FailedPreviousLoad()" message. I should mention during this the device wAS NOT CONNECTED to the computer as i show in the screnshots.
Someone please help me about this issue. I am really eager to recover to stock and upgrade!

I think you might not be following each step. Did you click on the yellow arrow before plugging the phone back in while in download mode for example?

Maybe start from scratch if this error still comes up. This method worked for most of us here so you most likely have some sort of user error. As long as you didn't touch the bootloader partitions (I doubt you did by flashing the things we have here in xda), then this method should bring your phone back to life.
The Following User Says Thank You to madmack For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift madmack Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)