STOP! This kernel supports ONLY Samsung Jelly Bean 4.1.x, 4.2.2, CM 10.1.x, 10.2, and 11.0 ROMs. It won't work on ICS, CM 9, CM 10.
FOR NOW I FORBID ANYONE ELSE REUSE THIS STILL IN DEVELOPMENT DUAL BOOT PROJECT FOR HIS/HER OWN GALAXY TAB 2 PROJECT!
NEXT 2.x separated in two package: the kernel part as blackhawk-next-kernel-2.x-p51xx.zip and the proprietary binaries part as proprietary-vendor-samsung.zip for JB >= 4.2 (stock 4.2.2, CM 10.2) and proprietary-vendor-samsung-4.1.x.zip for JB 4.1.x (stock 4.1.2, CM 10.1) . Flash the kernel and then directly flash the proprietary binaries!
Download both proprietary-vendor-samsung.zip and proprietary-vendor-samsung-4.1.x.zip from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2285366 post #2!
Kernel sources at http://github.com/kumajaya/android_k...10.1-blackhawk
- Samsung stock 4.1.x, 4.2.2 (since 1.8.3), CM 10.1.x and CM 10.2 (since 1.8.3) support with a single kernel image
- For stock ROM: external SD card - internal media swapper script included
- Samsung proprietary exFAT modules are loaded. CM 10.1 exFAT support files attached at post #2
- For CM/CM based ROM, P31xx only: auto rotate screen default orientation depend on ro.sf.hwrotation value, camera orientation fix included
- Dual-booting. You can have Samsung JB and CM 10.1 ROMs on a single device at the same time.
- Nice looking AROMA based boot menu
- Using CyanogenMod kernel source, updated to p3110 source for newer WLAN (Youtube HD bugfix on stock ROM), modem, sensors driver, and etc for both P31xx and P51xx target
- CPU clock: 300MHz, 600MHz, 800MHz, 1.008GHz, 1.2GHz, 1.35GHz, 1.42GHz, 1.48GHz, and 1.52GHz, locked @ 1.008GHz on boot
- GPU clock: 153.6MHz, 307.2MHz, 384MHz, and 512MHz, 307.2MHz as the default maximum clock
- CPU voltage control. You can use Android Tuner/System Tuner/Trickster MOD to set CPU voltage
- The ramdisk base on JB 4.1.2 (stock ROM) and JB 4.2.2 (CM 10.1)
- Using newer PowerVR SGX 540 kernel modules and binaries blob
- row, bfq, sio, and vr scheduler support
- Governor bug fix. Replace Samsung's interactive governor with default OMAP4 3.0.31 interactive governor from omapzoom.org, plus pegasusq and lulzactive
- NFS and CIFS/samba (not loaded by default) filesystem support
- LZMA compressed initrd, to keep boot image smaller than 8MB
- swap support. zram and cleancache with a working zcache driver, enabled by default
kernel config, insmod configs.ko and then you can access /proc/config.gz
- external modem support, for PPP Widget (not loaded by default, P31xx need powered USB hub for external modem)
- Some tweaks from gokhanmoral's siyahkernel for S3, passive entropy tweak applied
- Remove a lot of debug message from touchscreen driver, display, mmc, modem, etc
- linaro arm-linux-gnueabihf- cross compiler, compiler optimization applied
- SuperSU v1.41 for stock ROM
- Self compiled BusyBox v1.22.0-git in /sbin, config file based on CM's BusyBox bbconfig output. fstrim applet patch applied, android_reboot applet added (a quick but clean port from Android toolbox), swapon applet with priority option. For stock ROM: this version of Busybox will overwrite busybox binary in /system/bin or /system/xbin and save it as busybox.backup
- Early boot scripts support (/system/etc/init.d, /data/local/userinit.sh, and /data/local/userinit.d)
- Post boot script support (/system/etc/init.post_boot.sh)
- For stock ROM: custom boot animation support (/data/local/bootanimation.zip or /system/media/bootanimation.zip if exists, Samsung boot animation as a fallback). If a bootanimation.zip found, the boot sound will be turned off as well as the shutdown animation.
- Modified mount options
- adb insecure, adb mode in charge state also insecure
- Advanced TCP congestion support, westwood as the default congestion
- No /system/etc/hosts patch, you can install AdAway from F-Droid
- gokhanmoral, amarullz, Phil3759, Chainfire, cmenard, codeworkx, imoseyon, coolbho3k, Faux123, AuxLV
- brolee93 for latest P51xx Samsung stock boot image
- This part will be expanded. Most of the patches I applied are coded by someone else. Please remind me if I forget to give credits to anybody...
- PhilZ Touch blackhawk version attached, PhilZ Touch 5.08.5 attached at post #3
- NEXT kernel beta release attached
- NEXT tool: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2285366
- exFAT support files for CM/CM based ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2285366 post #2
- More features in NEXT tool
[KERNEL][SINGLE/DUAL][JB/KK][STOCK/CM]blackhawk's NEXT kernel, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Kernel Special Features: Dual boot stock and AOSP based ROM
Current Stable Version: 2.4
Last Updated 2014-10-29