FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

LTE Newark NJ

476 posts
Thanks Meter: 234

By VIIRU§, Senior Member on 6th June 2013, 04:00 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
LTE WENT LIVE IN NJ @ 7:19AM AND ITS CRAZY FAST. NYC SHOULD BE NEXT IF THEY HAVEN'T ALREADY WENT LIVE.

I WAS doing some coding on the new AIDE app and I lost service for a sec then LTE kicked in. I been on it all day.
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1370527195900.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	2021758

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda premium

6th June 2013, 04:11 PM |#2  
Flag Jersey City
Thanks Meter: 256

Donate to Me
More
That's equivalent to Verizon's LTE I was getting in New Brunswick, NJ. Out in East Brunswick I would occasionally get 50 mbps on Verizon's LTE and my ex would get the same on AT&T's LTE, now that's crazy fast but still this is pretty damn good. Apparently we have it here too in Mount Laurel, NJ because the other night just for the hell of it I switched the network mode to LTE/GSM/WCDMA when I was home in Vineland just to see if I could get it and was still on HSPA. I was wondering why my signal kept dropping out on my morning commute, I just looked now and it's because I'm connected to an LTE tower but there isn't an IP address. So they weren't bull****ting 2 weeks ago when the T-Mobile rep said that we'd have it soon in NJ, even though Verizon has been telling me for over a year that my city would be getting LTE "soon".
6th June 2013, 04:20 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Newark
Thanks Meter: 234

Donate to Me
More
Looks like T-Mobile is on a roll...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda premium
7th June 2013, 03:41 AM |#4  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Does the bar show LTE when in an LTE area or still indicates 4G?

(I'm in Linden NJ)

(Never mind .... found a photo in another thread with the answer)
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread