FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Internal SD Card possibly corrupt

3,700 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,663

By d1n0x, Senior Member on 7th June 2013, 08:02 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys,

I noticed that a couple of weeks ago, the apps I have installed on phone storage disappear after a few reboots. This happens on every ROM I have tried (currently on OrDroid 15)
After let's say the 3rd reboot, i notice there are less icons in the app drawer than there used to be. So i check my apps and under "all" the missing apps show up as "com.android.xyz" with an SD card symbol next to them.
To fix the issue is simple, I just have to reinstall the apps from the Play Store and all my data is conserved as well, but then I have to move the apps manually to the internal storage...
Could this be because of zipalign? Is my sd card corrupt? And how do I format it properly?

Thanks for your help guys

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
7th June 2013, 08:31 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 14,649

More
Mount the sdcard inside the recovery as a usb mass storage device and copy all content to the pc (if possible) then unmount and format the sdcard in the mounts & storage menu (if you have cwm recovery) then copy back the content.

You can also format it and then mount it in the recovery and let a disk checking software scan the sdcard for errors !
7th June 2013, 08:54 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs

Mount the sdcard inside the recovery as a usb mass storage device and copy all content to the pc (if possible) then unmount and format the sdcard in the mounts & storage menu (if you have cwm recovery) then copy back the content.

You can also format it and then mount it in the recovery and let a disk checking software scan the sdcard for errors !

That's what I did a few months ago, but the issue is still there. I even checked the file system for errors and nothing was corrupted according to the PC... I should have asked more clearly, is there a way to format rhe SD card from the PC? What file format should it be? FAT or NTFS?

7th June 2013, 09:52 AM |#4  

More
Fat32.....
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Hofs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mr Hofs Ad-Free
7th June 2013, 10:04 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs

Fat32.....

Thank you, I will format it via my PC, wipe and reflash OrDroid. Let's see how it turns out..
7th June 2013, 10:14 AM |#6  

More
Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Hofs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mr Hofs Ad-Free
7th June 2013, 02:31 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Ok, formatted as FAT32 in Windows, wiped, reflashed OrDroid.
Apps were downloaded and a few were automatically installed on phone storage.
Rebooted to recovery, installed Lyapota Resources (for Sense 5 icons), wiped cache and Dalvik.
Rebooted, apps that were installed on phone storage are gone.... I can't believe this s***!!!!
I think it has something to do with either wiping cache/dalvik or with zipalign...

The Following User Says Thank You to d1n0x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift d1n0x Ad-Free
7th June 2013, 02:54 PM |#8  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 1,393

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d1n0x

Rebooted to recovery, installed Lyapota Resources (for Sense 5 icons), wiped cache and Dalvik.
Rebooted, apps that were installed on phone storage are gone.... I can't believe this s***!!!!
I think it has something to do with either wiping cache/dalvik or with zipalign...

Try on stock rom.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4 Beta
7th June 2013, 03:35 PM |#9  
Flag Leek
Thanks Meter: 638

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d1n0x

Did you try fixing permissions after all flashes?

Could be why your apps are gone after Icon Flash.
7th June 2013, 07:28 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilks3y

Did you try fixing permissions after all flashes?

Could be why your apps are gone after Icon Flash.

Yes, also tried that. I moved the apps that were originally installed on phone storage to internal storage, rebooted a few times, booted to recovery, wiped cache/dalvik, everything fine.
As soon as I move them back to phone storage, I rebooted a few times, booted to recovery again and wiped cache and dalvik. fixed permissions, rebooted, apps are gone...

As for stock ROM, I do not want to go back to stock, unless it is absolutely necessary
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)