FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Restoring to Stock ROM on GT- P3100

84 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

By sandy0594, Member on 7th June 2013, 07:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi All,

I own a Samsung Galaxy Tab2 P3100,recently I rooted it and flashed Ubuntu,it was successful but I was unhappy with what Ubuntu offers me right now.

Now,I want to switch back to the backup which I created when I was on stock.

Will this work

Factory reset --> Wipe Dalvik Cache --> Wipe Everything --> Restore to Stock ROM (Backup)

Everywhere I see here,they mention downloading the stock rom and then installing it with odin. Is it needed?Can't we just restore to a backup with wiping everything?

Please advise!!

Thanks in advance!!

7th June 2013, 08:20 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy0594

Hi All,

I own a Samsung Galaxy Tab2 P3100,recently I rooted it and flashed Ubuntu,it was successful but I was unhappy with what Ubuntu offers me right now.

Now,I want to switch back to the backup which I created when I was on stock.

Will this work

Factory reset --> Wipe Dalvik Cache --> Wipe Everything --> Restore to Stock ROM (Backup)

Everywhere I see here,they mention downloading the stock rom and then installing it with odin. Is it needed?Can't we just restore to a backup with wiping everything?

Please advise!!

Thanks in advance!!

ofcourse will work and I add after u do what u mentioned if doesnt boot format system but it usually works without formatting system
7th June 2013, 08:31 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qazmed

ofcourse will work and I add after u do what u mentioned if doesnt boot format system but it usually works without formatting system

Cool,Thanks for the reply.Today I couldn't wait for too long and I installed it through Odin.Next time When I install a custom ROM I would restore with a previous backup rather than downloading a ROM and installing it with Odin.

7th June 2013, 09:23 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy0594

Cool,Thanks for the reply.Today I couldn't wait for too long and I installed it through Odin.Next time When I install a custom ROM I would restore with a previous backup rather than downloading a ROM and installing it with Odin.

dont say thanks just press
The Following User Says Thank You to qazmed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift qazmed Ad-Free
11th July 2013, 05:22 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 234

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qazmed

dont say thanks just press

what does "format system" do?
will i have to re flash the rom again after doing format system?
actually my device internal memory canot be deleted! after a factory reset it is showing 10gb/12 gb. only 2 gb is free.
someone suggested me doing a system format.
plz help!
16th April 2014, 11:43 PM |#6  
Flag Raipur
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Question
[closed]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)