FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Flashing RUU after S-OFF

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By jinx27, Junior Member on 8th June 2013, 11:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone,

Got my 3 branded HTC One S-Offed today, with the aim of getting the stock cid HTC__001 ROM on there so I can get OTA update ON TIME (Yup, Three still haven't released the 1.29 update)

So my CID's been changed to HTC__001 and flashed the RUU_M7_UL_JB_50_HTC_Europe_1.28.401.7_Radio_4A.13. 3231.27_10.31.1131.05_release_310878_signed.exe RUU

All went smooth and all the bloatware disappeared, however my software version is still showing as 1.28.771.6 which is the Three ROM software version, which is why i'm guessing it's still not shoiwng any OTA updates available?

Tried flashing again with SuperCID instead and when flashing this tume the RUU utility showed my phone's software version as 1.28.401 like it should have been, however flashed again and same thing, software version still showing up 1.28.771.6!

Feel as though i'm missing something stupid if anyone can help please!

8th June 2013, 11:35 PM |#2  
Flag OKC
Thanks Meter: 74

Donate to Me
More
You have to change more than your cid in bootloader it appears twice if not 3 times go read supercid thread in development section

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium HD app
8th June 2013, 11:38 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac3kill

You have to change more than your cid in bootloader it appears twice if not 3 times go read supercid thread in development section

Aah thanks mate, i'll have a look
9th June 2013, 12:09 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Checked it out, my HTC One is showing HTC__001 as CID with the getprop "ro.cid" command also without having to do anything, so in all three places my CID is correct, am I missing something else?
9th June 2013, 01:20 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Sorted this by the way, extracted the rom.zip from the RUU and flashed manually through fastboot, now working!
9th June 2013, 02:51 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1,049

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx27

Sorted this by the way, extracted the rom.zip from the RUU and flashed manually through fastboot, now working!

that will install the rom, but doesnt flash the firmware.
9th June 2013, 04:00 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by c5satellite2

that will install the rom, but doesnt flash the firmware.

The radio seems to be the right version now as well? I think I may just run the RUU exe over this again to make sure
9th June 2013, 04:29 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
This is exactly what i want to do. I have a HTC One from from 3 and want to debrand and go to a stock rom. Have you recieved an OTA update since you have done this? Or are you still on 1.28.401.7 that you flashed?
9th June 2013, 04:44 AM |#9  
Flag OKC
Thanks Meter: 74

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptblackgb

This is exactly what i want to do. I have a HTC One from from 3 and want to debrand and go to a stock rom. Have you recieved an OTA update since you have done this? Or are you still on 1.28.401.7 that you flashed?

+1

9th June 2013, 06:10 AM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

+1

Finally managed to get it working after a bit of messing around, OTA came straight through! Installed fine as well. It's taken a day but I've got there, an OTA update at last lol. Let me know if you need any help
The Following User Says Thank You to jinx27 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jinx27 Ad-Free
9th June 2013, 06:24 AM |#11  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 231

More
I'm locked, s-off, after check with command getprop. My cid 11111111.. if I flash RUU.. my recovery will lost?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)