FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Splash Screens] - Collection - 1080x1920 - Share yours!

247 posts
Thanks Meter: 141

Post Reply Email Thread
8th May 2014, 05:51 PM |#731  
Thanks Meter: 123

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1ral

What firmware are you on?
If you are on the still on the .4 firmware you can still fastboot install these, but you'll need the eng hboot. If like me and you updated to .9 then you wouldn't be able to cause firewater eng hboot only goes to .4, but I was in luck..
I successfully changed splash screen by doing this method, and it worked.
1. Go to this link:
http://tibook.jb.b4m.com:81/bootsplash-one
2. Choose you image
3. Then let it do its thing.
4. Then flash in recovery.

This has worked great.

THANK YOU for the link, I kept trying to flask BlackPCB but it kept failing. I'm on newest firmware with RootLinux's 1.56 hboot.

I'm attaching the flashable zip plus two others, a black 'quietly different' and a basic green droid with black background. Figured I'd offer then for those too lazy to use the website, especially for the PCB since you have to crop it. BTW the PCB zip is without beats logo.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SplashPCB.zip - [Click for QR Code] (821.4 KB, 51 views)
File Type: zip SplashQuiet.zip - [Click for QR Code] (138.3 KB, 25 views)
File Type: zip SplashDroid.zip - [Click for QR Code] (370.1 KB, 31 views)
6th April 2015, 10:15 PM |#732  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Prompt Error Message trying to flash splash screen file
Quote:
Originally Posted by tandxcstar1

This is error message im getting

tandxcstar1, I was going through the same trouble as you until I figured it out by trial/error. Sometimes developers don't have the time to break it down barney-style so you must understand that you will not find answers as easy as you think. Luckily for us newbies, there are other newbies learning that are willing to share their experiences; enough said . . .

There is a flawless way you can flash your splash screens; however, you must:

#1 - Have S-Off(No exceptions) - I got mine using Sunshine ($25 worth).
#2 - You must obtain your modelid, cidnum and version-main codes before you can flash anything.
Note. I hope you are familiar with fastboot commands so I won't insult your intelligence.
#3 - You need to run the "fastboot getvar all" command to copy your cidnum, modelid and version-main codes into a text document(to be used later).
Note: I don't think you need to be CID: 11111111 to be able to flash
#4 There are a couple of methods I use and are error free, as long as you follow the instructions provided:

a. Method 1: You must have a text file named: android-info.txt
Depending on your model and cidnum, etc the contents of this file MUST READ as follows(DO NOT COPY ANYTHING INSIDE <> SYMBOLS):
<EVERYTHING BELOW THIS LINE>

modelid: (fill this info from step #3)
cidnum: (fill this info from step #3)
mainver: (equivalent to version-main from step #3)
btype: 1
aareport: 1
hbootpreupdate: 12
DelCache: 1

<END OF FILE, DO NOT COPY THIS!!!>

Save the txt file and zip it using your compression utility of choice and name it: splash.zip

Secondly, if you already have an img or nb0 file(which contains the splash screen) add it to the "splash.zip" container.

The "splash.zip" contents should list the following and ONLY the following files:
splash1.img or splash1.nb0 (one or the other)
android-info.txt

You can go to the following link to convert your picture files into splash screen images: tibook website(can't copy URL yet)
however, there is a catch...the zip file generated will contain two folders: cache and META-INF(irrelevant)

You must extract the "splash.565" file from the cache folder into your folder of choice, then rename it to "splash1.nb0"

Once you have your splash.zip with both of these files(nb0 and txt) files you can either create a copy and rename it to the correspondent hboot zip file(flashed using ex-SD card) or you can use the following commands to flash the "splash.zip"

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip splash.zip

PROFIT!!!

b. Method #2
If you prefer the SD card method(my preferred method btw) you must find out what is the name of the file you specific device is looking for during the HBOOT loading sequence; for example mine asks for a 06PBIMG.zip; however your device may ask for a different name. Either way, in you place your zip file in your ext-SD card, it will ask you if you want to flash it, then you follow the screen instructions and then,

VOILA!! PROFIT!!!

Let me know if you need any help.

Peace!!! - Sagentoid
8th April 2015, 07:30 AM |#733  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
cool
thank you
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htcone, splash, splashscreen

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)