Today I bring you something I've been working on recently. An extension for Google Chrome / Opera that lets you view the latest XDA Portal posts and read them. It's very minimalistic and easy to use.
Search Tool: Allows you to search the XDA Portal
Latest Post View: Displays Latest Portal Posts
As of yet, the extension isn't on the Google Chrome Webstore but it can be installed locally, and easily
Just follow these simple steps:
1) Download the ZIP file attached to this post.
2) Extract it.
3) You should now have a CRX file.
4) Open Chrome and click on the settings icon in the top right corner
5) Then do Tools > Extensions
6) Open the folder with the CRX file in it and drag the CRX file to the Chrome Extensions page.
7) When it asks you if you wish to install this extension, click OK/Yes.
8) That's it, you've done it! It will now be located beside the search bar and settings icon.
0) Easiest, download here: https://addons.opera.com/en-gb/exten...ts/?display=en
1) Same as Chrome installation.
2) N.B: To access the extension menu in Opera15+, do Ctrl+Shift+E.
3) N.B: Opera Extensions have the .NEX file type.
Chrome Extension Mirror:
Opera Extension Mirror:
- Opera https://addons.opera.com/en-gb/exten...ts/?display=en
- Chrome NOT YET AVAILABLE
XDA Portal Review: http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...ial-extension/