FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL]Minimal ADB and Fastboot [1-6-17]

2,613 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,784
 
By shimp208, Recognized Contributor on 10th June 2013, 06:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th February 2014, 09:18 PM |#101  
shimp208's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 2,784
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor

To anyone wondering, this tool will install fastboot and adb to your PC, this is a full version of both. Anything that adb or fastboot can do (when installed via SDK or any other method) can be done with this tool.
This is just a super easy and light weight way to install the proper executable files to windows, it is the complete adb and fastboot tools!
Be sure to thank shimp208 for his awesome work here!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Couldn't have put it better myself, demkantor's description of Minimal ADB and Fastboot is spot on. If you are curious about how to fully utilize Fastboot I would recommend taking a look at demkantor's great fasboot guide here, as well as his other very helpful guides. As always if there are any questions, suggestions, or otherwise regarding my tool anyone may have by all means please ask I will be more then happy to help you out!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shimp208 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shimp208 Ad-Free
 
 
16th February 2014, 01:59 AM |#102  
Senior Member
Flag Kent
Thanks Meter: 388
 
More
I have been using this for awhile now to flash recovery and boot images and it's so compact it's brilliant.

Now I need to start using ADB a little more but when I run adb devices it doesn't show any.
I have these drivers installed HTC_BMP_USB_Driver_x86_1.0.5375 & HTC Driver 4.5.0.001 but I always get a windows found new hardware prompt but it finds nothing.
I have USB debugging enabled on the phone & it's on Win XP SP3 machine.

Is it user error on my behalf.
16th February 2014, 03:33 AM |#103  
shimp208's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 2,784
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcsurf

I have been using this for awhile now to flash recovery and boot images and it's so compact it's brilliant.

Now I need to start using ADB a little more but when I run adb devices it doesn't show any.
I have these drivers installed HTC_BMP_USB_Driver_x86_1.0.5375 & HTC Driver 4.5.0.001 but I always get a windows found new hardware prompt but it finds nothing.
I have USB debugging enabled on the phone & it's on Win XP SP3 machine.

Is it user error on my behalf.

Glad you like the tool! Sounds like it's a driver related issue XP is unfortunately notorious for driver issues and other compatibility issues (And it's age isn't helping it either sadly). I would recommend uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling to see if that fixes anything. When it says "Found New Hardware" usually it will show a tray notification or similar saying installing drivers and after a while it will either succeed or fail, you said it recognizes the new hardware but does nothing? I would recommend taking a look at these drivers to if the problem persists http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=1426502<br />. Let me know how it goes happy to help.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to shimp208 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shimp208 Ad-Free
16th February 2014, 03:57 PM |#104  
Senior Member
Flag Kent
Thanks Meter: 388
 
More
Thanks for the advice but unfortunately its a no-go.

Guess I'll have to dig out the laptop with Win7 and set that up for my adb needs,
Appreciate the help anyway.

Cheers
10th March 2014, 11:08 PM |#105  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Prompt Tablet MD700 fastboot Ok adb no go
Hello,

I have file premission problem on my MD700 tablet. I have changed permission of build.prop and after rebooting it is bricked

I can boot into fastboot mode and the command

fastboot devices returns:

mt6577_phone fastboot

but i can't do anything with it because i don't have rom file for this device.

In android system recovery menu i type

adb devices:
List of devices is empty


any idee what i do wrong, or how to recover this device?

many thanks
gr
Kurt
11th March 2014, 01:19 AM |#106  
shimp208's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 2,784
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blownelco

Hello,

I have file premission problem on my MD700 tablet. I have changed permission of build.prop and after rebooting it is bricked

I can boot into fastboot mode and the command

fastboot devices returns:

mt6577_phone fastboot

but i can't do anything with it because i don't have rom file for this device.

In android system recovery menu i type

adb devices:
List of devices is empty


any idee what i do wrong, or how to recover this device?

many thanks
gr
Kurt

Is your device using stock android recovery? If your device doesn't show up in stock recovery for use with ADB, I'm afraid you'll need to find a stock image for your device to flash through fastboot. Try contacting the manufacture, and explaining the situation sometimes they will provide you with a factory image.
11th March 2014, 02:03 PM |#107  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
thanks for reply, what do you mean with your first question? I think the original stock rom is onto the device.
If i connect device unpowered to pc it is detected by pc. If i boot it to recovery it is detected again.

I dont have a clue who is the manufacturer of this device. I find serveral sites where the sell MD700, but not the manufacturer.
20th March 2014, 07:30 PM |#108  
shimp208's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 2,784
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blownelco

thanks for reply, what do you mean with your first question? I think the original stock rom is onto the device.
If i connect device unpowered to pc it is detected by pc. If i boot it to recovery it is detected again.

I dont have a clue who is the manufacturer of this device. I find serveral sites where the sell MD700, but not the manufacturer.

First off I apologize for getting back to you so late, I was in the middle of finals. Since you are running the stock ROM and haven't flashed a custom recovery (Correct?) you are running the stock recovery image. Just for the heck of it connect the phone to your computer and boot into recovery mode and try to start adb shell. I'm guessing from your previous post it will say device not found, but let's see if that's the case.
27th March 2014, 11:30 AM |#109  
Member
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
Thanks for the tool, just downloaded and will try it to flash boot.img (change kernel) with it. Thanks again for making this easier for newbie.
The Following User Says Thank You to apvm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift apvm Ad-Free
31st March 2014, 04:11 PM |#110  
kypeth's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag You're not supposed to know where I am
Thanks Meter: 50
 
More
adb version
The ADB version is out of date in this install, easy enough to replace the adb file, but newbs might not be able to break this threshold. Having ADB out of date will prevent the PC from properly requesting debug access on 4.2+ devices, meaning you won't see the prompt to allow/deny USB debugging connectivity until you update the ADB version.
31st March 2014, 05:56 PM |#111  
berndblb's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,993
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kypeth

The ADB version is out of date in this install, easy enough to replace the adb file, but newbs might not be able to break this threshold. Having ADB out of date will prevent the PC from properly requesting debug access on 4.2+ devices, meaning you won't see the prompt to allow/deny USB debugging connectivity until you update the ADB version.

Thanks! Great input!
Could you post a link to the current adb?

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to berndblb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift berndblb Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, easy adb, fastboot, installer, minimal
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes