Included in the attached ZIP are the following files:
- boot_info - prints information about the boot.img passed to it, including the base address and ramdisk address. This tool prints out everything needed to repack the boot.img correctly.
- split_boot - More commonly known as split_bootimg.pl, this rips apart the boot.img to extract the ramdisk and zImage. It has been modified by me to split the boot.img into a separate folder (specified by the file name of the boot.img passed to it) and to extract the ramdisk into a sub-folder as well (extracts the cpio from the gz and then extracts the actual files from the cpio archive)
- unpack_ramdisk - unpacks the given ramdisk file.
Usage: unpack_ramdisk <ramdiskFile>
- repack_ramdisk - repacks the ramdisk from the given directory (found online and modified slightly to take a directory)
Usage: repack_ramdisk <ramdiskDirectory> [outputFile]
- mkbootimg - mkbootimg binary that creates a boot.img file from the given ramdisk and zImage. Updated to a version compiled by me to support the --ramdiskaddr option (ramdisk address) so that even nonstandard boot.img's can be repacked correctly (Use with boot_info for best results).
- umkbootimg - included for convenience. Not made by me. Original thread here.
- unpack - wrapper script made by me for the umkbootimg binary^ to unpack the boot.img into a separate directory and then unpack the ramdisk into a sub-directory.
Note: These tools were made for Linux. They may also work on Cygwin, but I have not personally tested them.
ANYONE is free to use / modify / kang these files as they see fit. No need to ever ask or do anything more than download.