Huawei W1 JailBreak note. 2014/3/09 updated

Search This thread

reker

May 23, 2009
Shanghai
First, sorry for my bad English.

I got a Huawei W1, fully dumped eMMC of it via qualcomm mode, and get the whole system/user data partition.
Then I tried to get the xap on phone which installed from the app store, but I found that all xap had been MDIL-compiled by store, which means the dll in xap became native. And the MDIL-compiled xap cannot be installed on wp8 phone, it will give an error tell you that you cannot deploy a optimized xap. Even the wp7 apps on store had been compiled too. That's a really bad news.

The link below is the installation dump of Skype for wp8, I dumped it from X:\programs\{C3F8E570-68B3-4D6A-BDBB-C0A3F4360A51}
http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=3447935129&uk=1157895620 (deleted

6/18 Update:
After some researching, I successfully restore the XAP to it's original form and deployed it to my phone. :laugh:
I think publish the cracked XAP is illegal here, so only a screenshot here.
41233265gw1e5rv6z9a4wj20dc18gn10.jpg

6/19 Update:
I successfully built a custom rom, with jailbreak, static ip, and map on sdcard setting. But at now, it's still very very difficult to modify FFU rom because it's format is private. Hope more developper such as AnDim/UltraShot could do more research on it and make custom rom possible & easier.
41233265gw1e5tgsvgd3tj21cg2dshdt.jpg

6/23 Update:
I setup a proxy, after doing some modify, the phone now can switch to any brand app store and install apps such as Nokia series.
41233265gw1e5y67zueqdj20dc0m8ac2.jpg

7/15 Update:
Cracked Where's my water with in-app purchase. You can find it somewhere.

7/24 Update:
So busy recently. After some research, the WP8 SDK can be installed on Win7 now, with all function working like deploy, debug and developer unlock. I'll release this in short future.
The only problem is FFU file format now.

View attachment 2140337View attachment 2140338

3/09:
After a long time, I finally have time to finish and release my Jailbreak tool 'rkBreakout' v1.0, with Static WIFI IP setting, Map2SD, Do not switch to celluar data if WIFI unavailable setting, Full access MTP, ROOT(in alpha test, limited rights now), without any ROM Flash or Data Loss.
And APP2SD is on the way, partly work now. It's not as simple as you guys think.

Currently rkBreakout only support Chinese version phone and rom.
Download:
http://www.wpxap.com/thread-718216-1-1.html (in Chinese Only, sorry)

4/07:
rkBreakout English version:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2707074

Last edited:

megasounds

May 7, 2007
please tell us how ???

hi
can you please tell us how : fully dumped eMMC of it via qualcomm mode,
how did you do that ????????

thanks
m

I got a Huawei W1, fully dumped eMMC of it via qualcomm mode, and get the whole system/user data partition.
Then I tried to get the xap on phone which installed from the app store, but I found that all xap had been MDIL-compiled by store, which means the dll in xap became native. And the MDIL-compiled xap cannot be installed on wp8 phone, it will give an error tell you that you cannot deploy a optimized xap. Even the wp7 apps on store had been compiled too. That's a really bad news.

The link below is Skype for wp8, I dumped it from C:\Data\programs\{C3F8E570-68B3-4D6A-BDBB-C0A3F4360A51}

http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=3447935129&uk=1157895620 (click the download icon)

(To moderator: please delete the link if it's illegal in here)

djtonka

Aug 1, 2010
City
Only two of them, applications for o2 customers. Another one is contact sharing which I can't and Diagnostic app.

gipfelgoas

Update:
After some researching, I successfully restore the XAP to it's original form and deployed it to my phone.

I've tried the same thing with your data (skype). I was able to install it, but I had to delete the Interopservices and the peoplehub capabilities.
That would be the app right to install: http://rapidshare.com/files/3702896266/someapp.xap Note: it wont be working well, as we dont have the rights mentioned above.

For the xap provided by djtonka:
You need to delete the WMAppPRHeader.xml and the MDILFileList.xml file. I tried this and this worked for the 2 apps (O2 Hub and O2 Priority Moments), you provided.

To Admins and Moderators: Delete link if illegal...

Last edited:

djtonka

Aug 1, 2010
City
But he made xap from Install folder as already installed on the phone. My o2 xaps cames with ROM already.

gipfelgoas

Update:
After some researching, I successfully restore the XAP to it's original form and deployed it to my phone. :laugh:
I too.. Image can be found here: https://rapidshare.com/files/3196529215/wp_ss_20130618_0001.png
the xap's you posted are useless without the lic.xml and rgu info.

thanks for the walls and sounds though,

this should be the xap files from a nokia lumia 820 IT with the licence files... http://rapidshare.com/files/500051738/Lumia820_TIM_IT.zip
I hope this is, what you are looking for

Last edited:

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Tremendous work! I believe this is the first public custom ROM for WP8; very well done! We need to get some of the custom ROM experts on this, stat...

@megasounds:Advanced Config is not only WP7-specific, it requires certain drivers that were only present in some WP7 phone (HTC, LG, and Samsung, but definitely not Huawei). While it might be possible to bring a compatible driver to a WP8 custom ROM, the driver would need to be re-implemented for the NT kernel (CE and NT kernels are not binary compatible).

Last edited:

otonieru

May 7, 2011
Djakarta

The link below is the installation dump of Skype for wp8, I dumped it from X:\programs\{C3F8E570-68B3-4D6A-BDBB-C0A3F4360A51}
http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=3447935129&uk=1157895620 (click the download icon)

(To moderator: please delete the link if it's illegal in here)

6/18 Update:

6/19 Update:
I successfully built a custom rom, with jailbreak, static ip, and map on sdcard setting. But at now, it's still very very difficult to modify FFU rom because it's format is private. Hope more developper such as AnDim/UltraShot could do more research on it and make custom rom possible & easier.

Hi,

could you give more details about how yo do the stuff above? :)

I got Ascend W1 myself, but this is the EVDO Rev.B CDMA - GSM version with Qualcomm MSM8630 chipset (not the 8227 like the GSM only version)

Do you think it will possible to use the same trick to jailbreak this phone?

Btw, what i interested is actually not cracking the XAP, but rather making the XAP that supposed only available for Nokia to work on our phone (W1) --> there's some free app that unfortunately only available for Nokia devices

have you tried that yet?

Thank You

Last edited:

ultrashot

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 26, 2009
St.Petersburg
Tremendous work! I believe this is the first public custom ROM for WP8; very well done! We need to get some of the custom ROM experts on this, stat...
I believe it isn't really custom rom since it couldn't be edited that easily (hash tables etc), probably just edited reg hives.
It isn't really reasonable to create tools just for one device - other devices don't have such bootloaders available (better to say, flashable). I don't see flashing coming any time soon.

Last edited:

reker

May 23, 2009
Shanghai
I believe it isn't really custom rom since it couldn't be edited that easily (hash tables etc), probably just edited reg hives.
It isn't really reasonable to create tools just for one device - other devices don't have such bootloaders available (better to say, flashable). I don't see flashing coming any time soon.

Yes, I only made some change on hive file in ffu. In theory I can make some modify on other files, but is't very difficult, I'm waiting your ffu packager tool :laugh:. Since ffu is common format for wp8 devices, other device can also get benefit from it when they got cracked, so the ffu packager tool is reasonable to be created :D

Reactions: OLdy123

reker

May 23, 2009
Shanghai

Hi,

could you give more details about how yo do the stuff above? :)

I got Ascend W1 myself, but this is the EVDO Rev.B CDMA - GSM version with Qualcomm MSM8630 chipset (not the 8227 like the GSM only version)

Do you think it will possible to use the same trick to jailbreak this phone?

Btw, what i interested is actually not cracking the XAP, but rather making the XAP that supposed only available for Nokia to work on our phone (W1) --> there's some free app that unfortunately only available for Nokia devices

have you tried that yet?

Thank You

The CDMA version of W1 is similar.
And Nokia apps need system drivers to run, and so it needs some more work to make them work.

Reactions: OLdy123

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=3447935129&uk=1157895620 (deleted

6/18 Update:

6/19 Update:

6/23 Update:
    I setup a proxy, after doing some modify, the phone now can switch to any brand app store and install apps such as Nokia series.
    41233265gw1e5y67zueqdj20dc0m8ac2.jpg

7/15 Update:
    Cracked Where's my water with in-app purchase. You can find it somewhere.

7/24 Update:
    So busy recently. After some research, the WP8 SDK can be installed on Win7 now, with all function working like deploy, debug and developer unlock. I'll release this in short future.
    The only problem is FFU file format now.

View attachment 2140337View attachment 2140338

3/09:
    After a long time, I finally have time to finish and release my Jailbreak tool 'rkBreakout' v1.0, with Static WIFI IP setting, Map2SD, Do not switch to celluar data if WIFI unavailable setting, Full access MTP, ROOT(in alpha test, limited rights now), without any ROM Flash or Data Loss.
    And APP2SD is on the way, partly work now. It's not as simple as you guys think.

Currently rkBreakout only support Chinese version phone and rom.
    Download:
    http://www.wpxap.com/thread-718216-1-1.html (in Chinese Only, sorry)

4/07:
    rkBreakout English version:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2707074
    Hi Guys !!

I have 2 messages, good and bad...

1. Good Info :) I have 3 way how to flash custom rom, today i flashed CustomGDR3 with Unlock and all capabilities :)

2. ... Romanchug and his buddy REKSDEN did leak my PRIVATE / TEST Flash Tool and ROM in various forums and misappropriate merits... Roman had my files to test, because begged for it lot of time, promised me that he will not share it anywhere. Please don't download it, this stuff have big bugs, you can damaged your device !!! He just changed the logo in the program, all the information are from me and pretends that it is his job !! If you find somewhere leak my work please PM me.

When my project will be free of defects and full working, I release it to anyone. Meanwhile forbid the dissemination of my work and modification my stuff...
    Thanks REKER for you info :)

So... At the moment I finish my work on the development of the system and tools. As a consolation, I can say that I have prepared rom GDR3 with 51 languages ​​/ mods and unlocks. For this information, please give thank for romanhug and reksden... I hate these scammers!

Sorryy ...
    Read this...
    NEVER ask for ETA'S

He will release when ready, be Patient and just hit his thanks button.