[q] stuck in android upgrading

Search This thread

RaxToTheMax

Oct 21, 2012
IM DESPERATE! I've searched and searched and I've found nothing that I could understand. Please, someone help!

I rebooted my phone after trying to install an .apk file & suddenly my phone is stuck on "ANDROID IS UPGRADING" screen. No matter the times I've reboot. I've installed the 4.2.2 ROM with S4 feel by ipromeh which is based on CM10.1 alpha 6 by arco. I don't want to do anything without consulting someone with more experience first. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!! :(

jakelq

May 26, 2012
IM DESPERATE! I've searched and searched and I've found nothing that I could understand. Please, someone help!

I rebooted my phone after trying to install an .apk file & suddenly my phone is stuck on "ANDROID IS UPGRADING" screen. No matter the times I've reboot. I've installed the 4.2.2 ROM with S4 feel by ipromeh which is based on CM10.1 alpha 6 by arco. I don't want to do anything without consulting someone with more experience first. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!! :(

Do you see that ANDROID UPGRADING is in progress? Maybe you have installed to many apps that is why it takes too looong to upgrrade.

Well if you think that your phone get stuck, try too reflash 4.2.2 ROM with S4, but if that would still persist, you have no choice but to format your phone.

tnx.

Reactions: RaxToTheMax

RaxToTheMax

Oct 21, 2012
Do you see that ANDROID UPGRADING is in progress? Maybe you have installed to many apps that is why it takes too looong to upgrrade.

Well if you think that your phone get stuck, try too reflash 4.2.2 ROM with S4, but if that would still persist, you have no choice but to format your phone.

tnx.
I don't think it's taking so long because of the amount of app because I barely have maybe 20 apps installed maybe even less (stock apps excluded).
When flashing the 4.2.2 ROM do I have to wipe/format anything? Like dalvik cache. Or do I just flash the .zip?

bhun

Jun 5, 2013
Budapest
I don't think it's taking so long because of the amount of app because I barely have maybe 20 apps installed maybe even less (stock apps excluded).
When flashing the 4.2.2 ROM do I have to wipe/format anything? Like dalvik cache. Or do I just flash the .zip?

Usually this happens only when you install apps that are ported on our device or mods like Awesome Beats, and one more when you flash a new kernel.

I tried that rom of yours, but i had the issues described in Ipromehs thread (i admire his work, but i'll wait till his rom will be more stable), and because of that i reverted to Ehndroix III wich works best for me with the new Skull kernel (flashed separately after installing rom). Perhaps you should try that.

For me all is working fine when i (ofcourse in Clockworkmod)do factory reset, then wipe cache, then wipe dalwik cache, then go to mounts and storage, format system, then cache, then data.... after that flash rom and finally reboot.

Never failed on that.:D;) You might try it if you'd like. :cowboy:

Last edited:

RaxToTheMax

Oct 21, 2012
Usually this happens only when you install apps that are ported on our device or mods like Awesome Beats, and one more when you flash a new kernel.

I tried that rom of yours, but i had the issues described in Ipromehs thread (i admire his work, but i'll wait till his rom will be more stable), and because of that i reverted to Ehndroix III wich works best for me with the new Skull kernel (flashed separately after installing rom). Perhaps you should try that.

For me all is working fine when i (ofcourse in Clockworkmod)do factory reset, then wipe cache, then wipe dalwik cache, then go to mounts and storage, format system, then cache, then data.... after that flash rom and finally reboot.

Yeah it got stuck in boot mode when I rebooted my phone after attempting to install freedom.apk (for free in-app purchases).
But I understand that I most Likely will have to result to wiping everything and flashing the ROM once more. I'm thinking of just flashing Arcos CM10.1 alpha 7, what do you guys think?
I'd like to check out that Ehndroix III doe :) fingers crossed!

RaxToTheMax

Oct 21, 2012
You can try that too, it is the source of many roms out here :)
But with that rom i have no experience so far... ;)

Well I ended up flashing Ehndroix III and phone is functioning once more. :) The ROM looks nice,fast too but idk there's something about the layout that just bothers me Haha. But at least I got my phone working again. Thanks guys :)

Sent from my GT-i8150 using xda app-developers app

bhun

Jun 5, 2013
Budapest
Well I ended up flashing Ehndroix III and phone is functioning once more. :) The ROM looks nice,fast too but idk there's something about the layout that just bothers me Haha. But at least I got my phone working again. Thanks guys :)

I am glad that you could succed.:D There are some possibilities to change the looks, but do a nandroid backup before using them just in case.;)
Ehndroix has a Touchwiz looks package that you can download. It is not so nice like Ipromehs work, i have to admit that, but it can do the job.
For me it was unusual in the beginning, but with time i get use to it, and i began to love it. Same could happen to you also.

When you want the latest software, with the best looks, that's were you will not get guarantee, that both will be in one package since all of us have somewhat different taste.

I personally prefer things to work in the first place, after that i look into spicing things up a bit if possible.

Ipromehs roms will be soon good enough (i trust him that, because his hard work and many updates), perhaps you cold give his rom a try later.

So, enjoy your working phone!:D Cheers!:cowboy:

jeetaryan

Aug 11, 2013

I have a similar problem!!
Help needed please. I am totally NEW at THIS.
1. Fastboot.exe does not recognise my device.
2. In Android system recovery <3e>(vol.up+power) PC recognises device as 'unknown device'.
3. 'FASTBOOT'(vol.down+power) screen does not change to 'FASTBOOT USB' when device is plugged in via USB code.
4. In 'FASTBOOT' screen can only select 'BOOTLOADER', 'REBOOT', 'REBOOT BOOTLOADER' & 'POWER DOWN'.
5. All above selections reboots the phone except 'POWER DOWN'.
6. adb.exe recognises phone in 'FASTBOOT' screen but not fastboot.exe.
7. Phone is in debug mode.
8. After booting - 'HTC quietly brilliant' screen, then there is no 'Beats Audio' screen - but it's a black screen.
9. PC shows device as 'USB Mass Storage' in 'FASTBOOT', no Android phone shown. In windows explorer can see two 'Removable Disk', but not accessible.
10. If cache is cleared - phone stuck in 'Android is upgrading... Starting applications'.
11. Only adb.exe commands are working and NOT fastboot.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
'FASTBOOT' screen shown as below:-

MARVEL PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-1.08.0000
MICROP-0451
RADIO-7.53.39.03M
Oct 31 2011.20:38:16

What stock ROM is required for above phone??
HTC One X or HTC S720e or HTC EndeavorU ???
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The box in which the phone came has following details:-

Model: S720e
CPU: 1.5 GHz, Quad Core
Platform: Android with HTC Sense
1 GB RAM, 32 GB Storage
Serial No.-0123456789ABCDEF
HTC One X

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CPU Z showed device as: HTC Endeavor, G26

Most likely if I can get the correct ROM it can be solved. I can select 'apply update from sdcard' in android system recovery <3e> mode.

PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keithross39

Aug 22, 2012
Oxford
Mate...you do know that this is the forum for the galaxy W? You appear to be asking for help with an HTC phone......
It's doubtful that anybody here has experience of HTC phones.
It would be best to redirect your question to the correct forum......

Sent from my Arco powered W via XDA developers app

jeetaryan

Aug 11, 2013
Mate...you do know that this is the forum for the galaxy W? You appear to be asking for help with an HTC phone......
It's doubtful that anybody here has experience of HTC phones.
It would be best to redirect your question to the correct forum......

Sent from my Arco powered W via XDA developers app

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

tnx.

You can try that too, it is the source of many roms out here :)
    But with that rom i have no experience so far... ;)

I am glad that you could succed.:D There are some possibilities to change the looks, but do a nandroid backup before using them just in case.;)
    Ehndroix has a Touchwiz looks package that you can download. It is not so nice like Ipromehs work, i have to admit that, but it can do the job.
    For me it was unusual in the beginning, but with time i get use to it, and i began to love it. Same could happen to you also.

When you want the latest software, with the best looks, that's were you will not get guarantee, that both will be in one package since all of us have somewhat different taste.

I personally prefer things to work in the first place, after that i look into spicing things up a bit if possible.

Ipromehs roms will be soon good enough (i trust him that, because his hard work and many updates), perhaps you cold give his rom a try later.

So, enjoy your working phone!:D Cheers!:cowboy: