FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][4.2.2r1]p6800/p6810/i815](5OCT2013)PAC-Man ROM 4.2 Milestone1 release

1,500 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,050

By daniel_hk, Recognized Contributor on 19th June 2013, 05:28 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread

PAC stands for ParanoidAndroid + AOKP + CyanogenMod. It is mainly a cm10.1 base rom with the PA features and AOKP settings.
I decided to port PAC to our GalaxyTab 7.7 after testing it for a few days on my Nexus 7. It has the status bar in Extended Desktop that I want...Although it is harder than I thought, it is done.
Cheers!

You probably need a factory reset (even from my cm10.1 and pa3) to let the AOKP services working properly.
Do aware of the eMMC brick bug!
Good luck!

5/10/2013
It is quite a while that I haven't update the ROMs. We are having a long holiday which allow me to work on my belove 7.7 again. Stuggling for a few days with cm10.2 on the flu. No luck for 4.3 yet! It just reboot after showing the lock screen...
The least I can do is to upgrade the existing 4.2.x. The cm source is mess up alot when trying 4.3 so I go directly to PAC. It is the release version of PAC now and probably the last 4.2.2 PAC. I'll try 4.3 again when I'm free...

History

22/7/2013
The Samsung blobs are really outdated. It's getting harder and harder to port our tab to new codes. Need you guys to show more patrience to test and report on the new builds.
Flash this patch p6800-PAC-TelephonyPatch.zip will fix the Telephony and kernel issue of p6800 in 17/7 PAC. Good luck!

20/7/2013
Thanks for those who spent time for the logcat! Bootloop in i815 is fixed. The 'a' version will replace the old one. Cheers!

17/7/2013
Native NTFS support is included in the latest build. Also found a bug in Sound Settings, don't know if it work for p6810 now. Please report.

29/6/2013
The latest builds are uploading now. Auto-brightness adjust is fixed. Cheers!

22/6/2013
Here is the PhonePatch.zip for Apn settings. Flash it in recovery will get the APN settings back. Work for all models

20/6/2013
PAC v23.0.0 is a quite stable rom which has the latest HALO in PA3.60. As before, I always welcome reports/suggestions in any way. Uploading now.

Change log:
Please visit PAC ROM for official change log and features

Know issues:
Almost the same as PA3 for 7.7

Downloads:
goo.im: http://goo.im/devs/daniel_hk/rom/pac
mirror1: http://www.kuaipan.cn/file/id_391735...572073096202|0
mirror2: http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shar...2FPAC%2FGT-7.7
mirror3: https://mega.co.nz/#F!REAUSD5Y!DOdUpml2mfs909bzYpIiCA

Latest 4.2 pa_gapps: http://goo.im/devs/paranoidandroid/r...der%20versions
Original gapps (choose 4.2.2): http://goo.im/gapps

Source:
https://github.com/danielhk?tab=repositories

Credits:
** The PAC-Man ROM team
** The CyanogenMod Team who keep many devices alive!
** The ParanoidAndroid Team who create many cool features
** Thanks Espen96 for setup a host for me!
** All those who help our cool tab's developments!

Donations:

The Following 64 Users Say Thank You to daniel_hk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daniel_hk Ad-Free

19th June 2013, 05:28 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Hong Kong

Donate to Me
More
FAQ

Quote:

Q: Where is the developer options settings?
A: the "developer options" is hidden in 4.2.1 (cm10.1, pa3.0)
 to show it in settings:
 in:
  settings > about
 hit the "build number" 7 times (hints will be shown after the 3rd time)

Quote:

Q: How to avoid the emmc brick bug when flashing
A: if coming from stock ics. Here is one of the easier way:

1. flash the rom (and gapps) in recovery. don't do factory rest and any wiping!
  2. reset to recovery again.
  3. do factory reset or wipe data
  4. reset and enjoy!

Quote:

Q: How to set the InCall screen to protrait?
A: In 4.2.x, the InCall screen orientation is determined by the calling card which doesn't handle rotation.
 Hance remain at 0 degree (Landscape for our tab) all the time.
 To set the inCall screen to portriat, you need an external app (eg. Ultimate rotation) to force Contact.apk to portriat.

Quote:

Q: How to avoid error messages after a dirty flash from PA or cm10.1?
A: After a dirty flash (without factory reset), you may encounter a series of error dialog (mostly the xxx.acore.xx process).
 This is deal to the mismatching layout data when attempt to sync. You may try this:
  Settings > Apps > ALL
 Clearing the data of Contact Storage, Google Contacts Sync and some other apps might need sync...
 If still doesn't work, it's about time to do a factory reset...

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to daniel_hk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daniel_hk Ad-Free
19th June 2013, 05:31 PM |#3  
Flag knoxville, tennessee
Thanks Meter: 26

More
You are a god!

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knoxjon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift knoxjon Ad-Free
19th June 2013, 05:52 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
I am thinking of trying erobot rom but I notice ur new PAC man rom. Will consider trying since my PA3 with v6supercharger will freeze and reboot after using for a while.

Sent from my GT-p6800 using XDA Premium HD app
19th June 2013, 07:38 PM |#5  
Flag İzmir
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Our (only) Chef Daniel_hk opened up a new doors for us again..Thanks a lot Chef..
The Following User Says Thank You to sas_sas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sas_sas Ad-Free
19th June 2013, 10:02 PM |#6  
Anaheim, CA
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Awesome surprise
Outstanding effort as always. Thank you Sir.
The Following User Says Thank You to ColBill For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ColBill Ad-Free
19th June 2013, 10:03 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Exciting work, Daniel. I'll be trying this out this weekend. Very curious to see reactions to battery life, WiFi, GPS, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to jkrell For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jkrell Ad-Free
20th June 2013, 01:55 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 135

More
Hey Daniel, super excited about PAC for 7.7, thanks so much for your hard work!

Which kernel did you use for this ROM, and are previous kernels still compatible with it (e.g. kernel-a and -s from 2 jun)?
20th June 2013, 08:07 AM |#9  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Hong Kong

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by teiglin

Hey Daniel, super excited about PAC for 7.7, thanks so much for your hard work!

Which kernel did you use for this ROM, and are previous kernels still compatible with it (e.g. kernel-a and -s from 2 jun)?

It is the kernel-s at Jun 2. The kernels I posted earlier is woking on this rom too..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daniel_hk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daniel_hk Ad-Free
20th June 2013, 08:50 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Wow, great ROM(s)

Do you ever think you'll build an AOSP ROM with stock Android?
20th June 2013, 08:56 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 290

More
Quick share of my first impressions:
quick share of my first impressions:
Pacman ROM is booting fine on my 6810. Had been short in time and therefore just tested for 10-20 min.
I came with a dirty flash (no wipe) from PA 3.60 over (again for one day) cm 10.1 to Pacman Rom + the linked PA-gapps from june.

As usual when doing a dirty flash and experience problems with processes like “package helper” or “android.process.acore” or else: it is always useful to quickly remove the google account and clear all app data for everything which is google and framework related.
(Clearing contact storage solves for example the “acore” problem. I always clear all of the rest like package helper, google playstore, all backup things and so on and so on. – it is faster than making a full wipe)

Coming to the rom:
Everything I tried out in this short time is working fine. Wifi, Camera. Performance is good, similar to PA 3.6 (I always felt that CM10.1 is more fluid). In performance settings I had not been able to go >1400 MHz but with other tools I went back to the OC value of 1600 MHz. Hybrid settings work as they should. For testing GPS I had no time left, work was calling me back to office.
Ram consumption is a little bit high!
But next time I will choose different gapps package, because this installs tons of gapps, which I actually do not need on my tablet. And then I will look what else apps integrated into the rom is eating memory. - I like tuning!

As obviously expected “pimp my rom” is working fine and the mali-status from the i9100 brothers is not working (think it is kernel related).
Since performance of hybrid roms as PA 3.60 and now PACman increased near to a CM10.1 level, personally I think I found a new daily driver rom.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Great work Daniel! Our savior and protector of our loved 7.7 tabs! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
It is very nice to know that you now use a new rom code basis and continue the highly appreciated work. – So thankful!!!!!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GNUDroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GNUDroid Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
i815, p6800, p6810, pac-rom
Previous Thread Next Thread