FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Tool]i9505 Quick Flasher

4,992 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,197

By broodplank1337, Inactive Recognized Developer on 22nd June 2013, 02:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Now next to the i9500 Quick Flasher there also is the i9505 Quick Flasher, just slight changes to make partitions match

Download:
www.broodplank.net/I9505-Quick-Flasher-1.0.zip

Created for a fail-safe flash operation of boot.img and recovery.img, all other partitions (currently only system) are experimental.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to broodplank1337 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift broodplank1337 Ad-Free

23rd June 2013, 10:41 AM |#2  
Flag Luton
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by broodplank1337

Now next to the i9500 Quick Flasher there also is the i9505 Quick Flasher, just slight changes to make partitions match

Download:
www.broodplank.net/I9505-Quick-Flasher-1.0.zip

Created for a fail-safe flash operation of boot.img and recovery.img, all other partitions (currently only system) are experimental.

Tried this, it cannot connect to my S4. Yes, I have debugging enabled, and yes my device is in mtp mode.

I get:
Running checks, please wait...

<<< I9505 USB Connection >>>
[ ] I9505 USB Connection

Your I9505 is not connected or unreachable! Please read the instructions for reference.
23rd June 2013, 11:41 AM |#3  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Nijmegen

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakefood

Tried this, it cannot connect to my S4. Yes, I have debugging enabled, and yes my device is in mtp mode.

I get:
Running checks, please wait...

<<< I9505 USB Connection >>>
[ ] I9505 USB Connection

Your I9505 is not connected or unreachable! Please read the instructions for reference.

I had some issues with usb as well when I was testing the tool out, but It was fixed after a while, its actually not the tool but the way of mounting usb on the i9505. I fixed it by replacing the adb.exe file with the latest one (which is also included in the zip tho). Can you please test for me if your able to get a normal adb shell? (open cmd window in the quickflasher dir and type "adb shell"), if it says device not found there is an issue with debugging mode. if not then you should test this and pls give me the info:

adb get-state (should return "device")
adb devices (should return a connected device)

If you get negative results here you should kill adb.exe (taskkill /f /im adb.exe for group kill) and try again.
If it does work pls enter:

adb root
adb remount
adb shell

and tel me what you see.

The usb mode is a struggle on the i9505.. I thought hey lets upgrade to CM so I will have mass storage mode.. but no way, only MTP and PTP... (I added the Mass storage option and forced it to be available on my private build, but it still doesn't work..)

Currently trying to find out how to permanently enable oldskool mass storage + adb.
23rd June 2013, 12:30 PM |#4  
Flag Luton

More
Quote:

I had some issues with usb as well when I was testing the tool out, but It was fixed after a while, its actually not the tool but the way of mounting usb on the i9505. I fixed it by replacing the adb.exe file with the latest one (which is also included in the zip tho). Can you please test for me if your able to get a normal adb shell? (open cmd window in the quickflasher dir and type "adb shell"), if it says device not found there is an issue with debugging mode. if not then you should test this and pls give me the info:

adb get-state (should return "device")
adb devices (should return a connected device)

If you get negative results here you should kill adb.exe (taskkill /f /im adb.exe for group kill) and try again.
If it does work pls enter:

adb root
adb remount
adb shell

and tel me what you see.

The usb mode is a struggle on the i9505.. I thought hey lets upgrade to CM so I will have mass storage mode.. but no way, only MTP and PTP... (I added the Mass storage option and forced it to be available on my private build, but it still doesn't work..)

Currently trying to find out how to permanently enable oldskool mass storage + adb.

My results:

C:\Windows\system32>cd \

C:\>cd s4 root

C:\S4 root>cd qflash

C:\S4 root\qflash>adb shell
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
error: more than one device and emulator

C:\S4 root\qflash>adb get-state
unknown

C:\S4 root\qflash>adb devices
List of devices attached
12138fc0 device
emulator-5554 offline

C:\S4 root\qflash>adb root

C:\S4 root\qflash>
23rd June 2013, 01:00 PM |#5  
Flag Nijmegen

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

My results:

C:\Windows\system32>cd \

C:\>cd s4 root

C:\S4 root>cd qflash

C:\S4 root\qflash>adb shell
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

C:\S4 root\qflash>adb get-state
unknown

C:\S4 root\qflash>adb devices
List of devices attached
12138fc0 device
emulator-5554 offline

C:\S4 root\qflash>adb root

C:\S4 root\qflash>

ah so you have the emulator in there as well.. thats the problem. to bypass the emulator use:

adb -d

for example adb -d shell or adb -d get-state

do you have an AVD emulator running currently?
23rd June 2013, 01:13 PM |#6  
Flag Luton

More
Quote:

ah so you have the emulator in there as well.. thats the problem. to bypass the emulator use:

adb -d

for example adb -d shell or adb -d get-state

do you have an AVD emulator running currently?

What emulator do I have, I've only used the files in your download, as far as I know. Any way to check / remove?

Edit: I had bluestacks installed a while back, but uninstalled it, could this have left some crap behind after it?
23rd June 2013, 01:16 PM |#7  
Flag Nijmegen

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

What emulator do I have, I've only used the files in your download, as far as I know. Any way to check / remove?

Hmm the emulator that comes with android sdk, is afaik the only one who can correspond with adb, but it would be odd if you ran it all the time.
check taskmgr, and look for emulator.exe/java.exe, to be sure also kill adb.

You can check if there is an existing emulator if you start AVD manager (if you don't have android sdk at all then its really strange )
23rd June 2013, 01:37 PM |#8  
Flag Luton

More
Quote:

Hmm the emulator that comes with android sdk, is afaik the only one who can correspond with adb, but it would be odd if you ran it all the time.
check taskmgr, and look for emulator.exe/java.exe, to be sure also kill adb.

You can check if there is an existing emulator if you start AVD manager (if you don't have android sdk at all then its really strange )

I didn't have sdk installed; I installed it and ran avd manager, doesn't show any installed.

when I run adb -d shell I get shell@android:/ $
23rd June 2013, 02:11 PM |#9  
Flag Nijmegen

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I didn't have sdk installed; I installed it and ran avd manager, doesn't show any installed.

when I run adb -d shell I get shell@android:/ $

Ok the output is good. ill add a function to the tool to force adb usb connection

for the meanwhile you can use:

(put boot.img in adb dir)
adb -d push boot.img /sdcard/boot.img
adb -d shell su -c 'dd if=/sdcard/boot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p20'
adb -d shell reboot
23rd June 2013, 02:20 PM |#10  
Flag Luton

More
Quote:

Ok the output is good. ill add a function to the tool to force adb usb connection

for the meanwhile you can use:

(put boot.img in adb dir)
adb -d push boot.img /sdcard/boot.img
adb -d shell su -c 'dd if=/sdcard/boot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p20'
adb -d shell reboot

Do I rename my recovery.img from cwm to boot.img for the above, or is this for a different process?
23rd June 2013, 03:05 PM |#11  
Flag Nijmegen

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Do I rename my recovery.img from cwm to boot.img for the above, or is this for a different process?

boot.img = mmcblk0p20
recovery.img = mmcblk0p21

the name of the .img doesn't matter but the partition is important.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
easy, i9505, kernel, quick flasher, recovery

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)