FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[SOLVED] - Manually enable adb debugging from recovery

1,557 posts
Thanks Meter: 700
 
By workdowg, Account currently disabled on 23rd June 2013, 07:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
First off, this may seem a noob question, but I am definitely not.

I have an Iconia A200 that now has a broken lcd screen. No display, no touch. I am able to get into the tablet from TWRP via adb, but not from Android (Jelly Bean). It seems I never enabled usb debugging when I installed the custom rooted rom.... I can access the file system and modify anything... Which files need to be modified to enable debugging in Android? Here is what I tried:

Added to default.prop and /system/build.prop
Code:
persist.service.adb.enable=1                                                    
persist.service.debuggable=1
persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,adb
Edit: Must have had typos... It now works.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to workdowg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift workdowg Ad-Free
 
 
23rd June 2013, 08:02 PM |#2  
philos64's Avatar
Senior Member
Somewhere in Brittany
Thanks Meter: 2,832
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by workdowg

First off, this may seem a noob question, but I am definitely not.

I have an Iconia A200 that now has a broken lcd screen. No display, no touch. I am able to get into the tablet from TWRP via adb, but not from Android (Jelly Bean). It seems I never enabled usb debugging when I installed the custom rooted rom.... I can access the file system and modify anything... Which files need to be modified to enable debugging in Android? Here is what I tried:

Added to default.prop and /system/build.prop

Code:
persist.service.adb.enable=1                                                    
persist.service.debuggable=1
persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,adb
Edit: Must have had typos... It now works.

Ok Sounds good for you. Can you changed the title of your thread by [SOLVED]
Thanks in advance
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to philos64 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift philos64 Ad-Free
23rd June 2013, 10:23 PM |#3  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag Seneca Falls
Thanks Meter: 700
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by philos64

Ok Sounds good for you. Can you changed the title of your thread by [SOLVED]
Thanks in advance

Ooops....
13th November 2013, 05:30 PM |#4  
MikeMobes's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
How would i do this with my skyrocket? same problem, broken screen, adb disabled. Some instructions would be sweet, cause im not really clear with what you did here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by workdowg

First off, this may seem a noob question, but I am definitely not.

I have an Iconia A200 that now has a broken lcd screen. No display, no touch. I am able to get into the tablet from TWRP via adb, but not from Android (Jelly Bean). It seems I never enabled usb debugging when I installed the custom rooted rom.... I can access the file system and modify anything... Which files need to be modified to enable debugging in Android? Here is what I tried:

Added to default.prop and /system/build.prop

Code:
persist.service.adb.enable=1                                                    
persist.service.debuggable=1
persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,adb
Edit: Must have had typos... It now works.

13th November 2013, 07:26 PM |#5  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag Seneca Falls
Thanks Meter: 700
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMobes

How would i do this with my skyrocket? same problem, broken screen, adb disabled. Some instructions would be sweet, cause im not really clear with what you did here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMobes

How would i do this with my skyrocket? same problem, broken screen, adb disabled. Some instructions would be sweet, cause im not really clear with what you did here.

I'm going to stay general and assume that a skyrochet is a phone, you have a linux or windows pc with ADB installed (and the drivers to connect to your phone) and have TWRP or CWM Recovery installed already...
1) Start the phone in recovery mode - mine is power down and vol
2) Connect you cable to the pc and start a console terminal or cmd prompt
3) Run the following
Code:
adb shell
su
mount -o remount,rw /system
cd /
echo "persist.service.adb.enable=1" >> default.prop 
echo "persist.service.debuggable=1" >> default.prop
echo "persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,adb" >> default.prop
echo "persist.service.adb.enable=1" >> /system/build.prop 
echo "persist.service.debuggable=1" >> /system/build.prop
echo "persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,adb" >> /system/build.prop
Once you reboot into Android you should be able to connect via adb.
If you google vnc over adb you can get a usable but very slow vnc connection then install Andriod VNC server for a little better performance.
That's the best I can do from memory ...
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to workdowg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift workdowg Ad-Free
16th November 2013, 10:07 PM |#6  
That Baker Guy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tobie Town
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by workdowg

I'm going to stay general and assume that a skyrochet is a phone, you have a linux or windows pc with ADB installed (and the drivers to connect to your phone) and have TWRP or CWM Recovery installed already...
1) Start the phone in recovery mode - mine is power down and vol
2) Connect you cable to the pc and start a console terminal or cmd prompt
3) Run the following

Code:
adb shell
su
mount -o remount,rw /system
cd /
echo "persist.service.adb.enable=1" >> default.prop 
echo "persist.service.debuggable=1" >> default.prop
echo "persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,adb" >> default.prop
echo "persist.service.adb.enable=1" >> /system/build.prop 
echo "persist.service.debuggable=1" >> /system/build.prop
echo "persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,adb" >> /system/build.prop
Once you reboot into Android you should be able to connect via adb.
If you google vnc over adb you can get a usable but very slow vnc connection then install Andriod VNC server for a little better performance.
That's the best I can do from memory ...

I'm booted into twrp 2.6.3 and when i try to run adb devices i just get this
Code:
josh@josh-desktop:~$ adb devices
List of devices attached 
????????????	no permissions
17th November 2013, 10:51 AM |#7  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag Seneca Falls
Thanks Meter: 700
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Baker Guy

I'm booted into twrp 2.6.3 and when i try to run adb devices i just get this

Code:
josh@josh-desktop:~$ adb devices
List of devices attached 
????????????    no permissions

Enter the following commands:
Code:
  adb kill-server  sudo ./adb start-server adb devices
The issue is your not running adb server as root.
13th December 2013, 01:21 AM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hello. Does possible enable accesibility and set default tts via adb shell, and edit default.prop and build.prop?
Thanks and best regards.
16th April 2014, 07:56 PM |#9  
BIade's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 513
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by workdowg

I'm going to stay general and assume that a skyrochet is a phone, you have a linux or windows pc with ADB installed (and the drivers to connect to your phone) and have TWRP or CWM Recovery installed already...
1) Start the phone in recovery mode - mine is power down and vol
2) Connect you cable to the pc and start a console terminal or cmd prompt
3) Run the following

Code:
adb shell
su
mount -o remount,rw /system
cd /
echo "persist.service.adb.enable=1" >> default.prop 
echo "persist.service.debuggable=1" >> default.prop
echo "persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,adb" >> default.prop
echo "persist.service.adb.enable=1" >> /system/build.prop 
echo "persist.service.debuggable=1" >> /system/build.prop
echo "persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,adb" >> /system/build.prop
Once you reboot into Android you should be able to connect via adb.
If you google vnc over adb you can get a usable but very slow vnc connection then install Andriod VNC server for a little better performance.
That's the best I can do from memory ...

OMG! After my screen broke, i raged and became hulk. After 3 hours of internet-searching the hulk found your post and released me to become bruce banner again...
The thank you button was just not enough!
2nd May 2014, 10:17 AM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I need a bit more help with this. I've successfully followed these instructions to enable the adb service on my i9505 with a dead screen, however it hasn't authorised it. When I try to connect I get the following error: error: device unauthorized. Please check the confirmation dialog on your device.

Is there anyway to bypass this confirmation dialog from ADB in recovery (Philz Touch)?

Thanks.
2nd May 2014, 06:01 PM |#11  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag Seneca Falls
Thanks Meter: 700
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnz

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I need a bit more help with this. I've successfully followed these instructions to enable the adb service on my i9505 with a dead screen, however it hasn't authorised it. When I try to connect I get the following error: error: device unauthorized. Please check the confirmation dialog on your device.

Is there anyway to bypass this confirmation dialog from ADB in recovery (Philz Touch)?

Thanks.

I Googled it a little and it seems to be a Samsung thing. Apparently it isn't booting to recovery. Sorry for the lack help

From my Debloated Stock Kitkat VS980 4G VZN
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes