AT&T Note 8 Root?

Search This thread

cataloochee

May 4, 2012
Vancouver, WA
Is there a root method for the AT&T Note 8 available? And if so where may it be found?
Yes I did a search but only root methods for international models were found.
Thanks.

marego1

Jun 22, 2010
New Jersey
I have the same question. I have searched this forum and google, but have not found a way of rooting the AT&T Note 8. I'm hoping its just a matter of time.

cataloochee

May 4, 2012
Vancouver, WA
I have looked at the Framaroot threads but the AT&T Note 8 is not listed as rootable using this exploit. While the cpu and a general Note 8 compatibility it certainly isn't clear that the SGH-1467 is included.
Thank you for your suggestion and willingness to assist.
Bruce

abax44

Oct 13, 2010
I have looked at the Framaroot threads but the AT&T Note 8 is not listed as rootable using this exploit. While the cpu and a general Note 8 compatibility it certainly isn't clear that the SGH-1467 is included.
Thank you for your suggestion and willingness to assist.
Bruce

Did you give Framaroot a shot? It wont wreck anything if it doesnt work, just uninstall it.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk HD

marego1

Jun 22, 2010
New Jersey
You were able to use CF-Auto-Root on an AT&T SGH-I467 Note 8? Which version did you use?

GT-N5100: CF-Auto-Root-kona3g-kona3gxx-gtn5100.zip
GT-N5110: CF-Auto-Root-konawifi-konawifixx-gtn5110.zip
GT-N5120: CF-Auto-Root-konalte-konaltexx-gtn5120.zip

Thanks

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
I have the 5110, so that is the one I used...sorry, I didnt realize this was the thread for the ATT specific model..I have a ATT GN2, so I didnt pay close enough attention..

Bubbamanlarry

Jul 31, 2007
Well, I'm like everybody else. Where is root for this AT&T Note 8.0? I know somebody must be working on it. I'll make a monetary donation!:good:

ZeroxCorbin

Jul 16, 2013
Bump

I would be happy to donate money and help with beta testing if someone is working on this. I have a I467 (konalteatt) that can be used for testing.

Thanks,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 Root Completed - Instructions

I moved the root instruction to a new thread so I can track it better.

Sorry if this is the wrong thing to do.

Have fun...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2430540
    Hi, Im just a bit confused ...I know I have to extract doin zip. But do I have to extract The other zip files....Im about to start now. Thanks,

Extract the main zip file you downloaded in step one (1). Leave the .tar.md5 files intact. They are the files you select with Odin in steps six (6) and nine (9). Leave the file you downloaded in step three (3) alone. You will select this tar file on step seven (7).

In Odin;

Bootloader = BOOTLOADER...tar.md5
    PDA = CODE...tar.md5 - Don't select this in step nine (9). Leave blank.
    Modem = MODEM...tar.md5
    CSC = CSC...tar.md5

Hope this helps.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Nice work :)... please share more details on how you did it.

I am working on a script now. I will post more details soon.
    Sorry about that, im trying to flash some zip files like a blacked out version of google play store and when I flash it thru recovery it fails and does a soft factory reset?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

That is correct. The stock bootloader only allows Samsung singed files. I am posting more info on how Superuser.apk was installed in the system.img. It will allow you to install what you want ahead of time.

I just tried loading a system.img with all Samsung and ATT apk's removed. It did not work. :(

More to come soon.
    Thanks for your work!!!!! Gonna try now. Cross your fingers.

*Update*
    This works like a charm no problems. Got it to work on first try. Thanks again!!!!

That is great to hear. Thanks for the update. Enjoy... :D
    Thanks for your work!!!!! Gonna try now. Cross your fingers.

*Update*
    This works like a charm no problems. Got it to work on first try. Thanks again!!!!