FORUMS

xda2i and bluetooth gps

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By mpatterson, Junior Member on 16th February 2005, 10:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have a globalsat bt318 bluetooth gps.It will connect to the xda2i but the bluetooth manager only records an outgoing connection with no incoming .The software that comes with the gps has a com port scan device nad selects com 1 , although I have tried all of them.The software also suggested using baud rate 38400 , although i have tried all of the rates.I've tried everything it seems burt can not get any bluetooth input to the xda21.Any ideas?
16th February 2005, 11:06 PM |#2  
Kent
Thanks Meter: 15

More
i have a XDA2i bluetooth 1.0.3900 and i Use TOMTOM witha Ledtek BT reciever. This works well it has a connection on Bluetooth com port 6

John
17th February 2005, 09:08 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Likewise...TomTom Wireless BT GPS (that grey one) and 1.0.3900 XDA2i...works through port 6 without any problems whatsoever...it's the one part of the BT stack that HASN'T p*ssed me off!!

Cheers
Anthony
18th February 2005, 01:41 AM |#4  
Gloucestershire England.
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Mpatterson, if com 1 is indeed being allocated, you will need to go to settings/connections and make sure the "beams" box is unchecked, also any external keyboard driver, if present will need disabling. When bonding the bluetooth gps you should be asked if you wish to use the serial profile, you should accept this, it should then allocate com5 and com6 for inbound/outbound.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)