FORUMS

Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Screen Replacement Repair Guide

624 posts
Thanks Meter: 785

Post Reply Email Thread
Has your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 dropped to the ground and now you need to replace the LCD or Touch Screen Digitizer? This tear down tutorial will assist you when needing to replace the following parts in your Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 such as:
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Touch Screen Digitizer
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 LCD Screen
  • Other internal components

Recommended Repair Tools:
  • Safe Open Pry Tool
  • Small Phillips Screwdriver (#00)
  • Adhesive Strips (required for screen replacements)
  • Heat Gun / Hair Dryer (required to warm and loosen adhesive)

Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 Take Apart Guide:

• Before you begin you will need to fully power off your device and remove the stylus pen.
  • Taking your safe open pry tool gently pry in between the seam of the back cover and the housing applying even pressure along all sides of the cover to release the clips holding it in place.
  • After the back cover has been removed you can now take your Small Phillips Screwdriver and remove the (8) screws circled in the figure below.
  • This will allow you to gently pry up the battery and release its connection shown below to fully remove it from your device.

See figure below for battery connector and screw locations.

Next we can begin working at the top of the device.
  • You will need to take your Small Phillips Screwdriver and remove the (3) screws circled in the figure below.
  • Next taking your plastic pry tool you will need to gently release (5) these connections.

See figure below for connection and screw locations.

Next we can start working on the lower half of the device.
  • Taking your Small Phillips Screwdriver you will need to remove (7) more screws circled in the figure below.
  • With these screws removed you can now take your plastic pry tool and gently release the (6) connections below.
  • Note: The connection highlighted in yellow has a metal plate covering the connector. You will need to pry up this metal plate to expose the connection.
  • Next you can take your plastic pry tool and gently lift up and remove the (2) loud speakers at the bottom of the device.

See figure below for connection and screw locations.

Now that these screws and connections are released you can now begin removing the motherboard and other internal components.
  • Taking your plastic pry tool gently pry up towards the bottom of the motherboard to allow you to lift it out of the housing. (Use extreme care when handling the motherboard)
  • Next you can take your pry tool you can gently pry up and remove the headphone jack and front camera.
  • Now you will want to remove the microphone and button flex cable assembly. Gently pry up the ribbon starting from the top and slowly peel your way down towards the bottom. This flex ribbon is held on by some adhesive so you will want to use extreme caution not to rip or tear this cable.

See figure below for reference.

Now you will want to remove the vibration motor and memory card reader assembly.
  • These two components are connected with a very small flex ribbon cable. You will want to use extreme caution not to rip or tear this cable.
  • Taking your plastic pry tool and first pry up the memory card slot.
  • Next you will have to pry up the vibration motor from the inner housing (it is held down with adhesive.)
  • You may find when attempting to remove the vibration motor that using a small flat head screwdriver or other type of metal pry tool will help release it from the adhesive holding it in place. (Again use extreme care when attempting this.)
  • Next you will need to remove one last flex cable by taking your plastic pry tool and lifting up the tab on the jaw connector allowing you to remove it from the device completely.
See figure below for reference.

• Next you are able to flip over your device and begin heating up the screen assembly.
  • You will want to take your heat source on a medium setting roughly 3-4 inches away from the screen.
  • Be sure to evenly apply heat to all outer edges of the screen to loosen up the adhesive holding the screen in place.

Notice: This guide is for informational and learning purposes only. Perform these procedures and repair at your own risk.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to repairsuniverse For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift repairsuniverse Ad-Free
3rd July 2013, 01:30 AM |#2  
Flag Earth
Thanks Meter: 4,894

More
Is there a way to replace just the digitizer without completely disassembling the device? And ... do you know where I can get one for a while N5110?
3rd July 2013, 05:56 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by car vs driver

Is there a way to replace just the digitizer without completely disassembling the device? And ... do you know where I can get one for a while N5110?

You would definitely have to disassemble the device to get to the flex cable to disconnect it.
4th July 2013, 10:13 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
This is great!
So it shouldn't be too difficult to replace the battery in a year or two.
Anyone know where replacement batteries can be found?

I must say, the non-removable battery is my biggest gripe with this tablet.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FaeMinx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FaeMinx Ad-Free
13th August 2013, 09:41 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Where can you get a screen?
So now that we know HOW to replace a broken screen, does anyone know WHERE to buy a new screen and digitizer?

Samsung wants $298 to send it in for repair.
14th August 2013, 04:39 AM |#6  
Flag Earth
Thanks Meter: 4,894

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Juggler

So now that we know HOW to replace a broken screen, does anyone know WHERE to buy a new screen and digitizer?

Samsung wants $298 to send it in for repair.

Uh.. yeah. The same guy that posted this thread sells them.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to car vs driver For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift car vs driver Ad-Free
21st August 2013, 06:03 PM |#7  

More
Quote:

Excellent. Thanks. Do you happen to know if the GT-N5110 screen the same as the SGH-I467?
10th September 2013, 11:55 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Thanks for helping us out.
12th September 2013, 09:32 AM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by repairsuniverse

Thanks for helping us out.

Hi, your tutorial and also your video on youtube doesn't show how to disasembly the lcd screen from the digitizer.
When I tried to disassemble it came with the LCD, but non full LCD because the bottom of LCD is glued onto the LCD plate holder.
It's built like the samsung Galaxy S2.
For me it's quite impossible to disassemble without breaking the LCD.
Am I wrong?
Did somebody manage to change only the digitizer?
12th September 2013, 11:29 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilian63

Hi, your tutorial and also your video on youtube doesn't show how to disasembly the lcd screen from the digitizer.
When I tried to disassemble it came with the LCD, but non full LCD because the bottom of LCD is glued onto the LCD plate holder.
It's built like the samsung Galaxy S2.
For me it's quite impossible to disassemble without breaking the LCD.
Am I wrong?
Did somebody manage to change only the digitizer?

I was wrong, the LCD is not much glued to the bezel but it's firmly glued with epoxy glue to the digitizer.
It's definitly quite impossible to change only the digitizer.

Once again with samsung, good stuff but be very careful cause if you drop it, it's dead.
The complete LCD assembly is about 230$.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lilian63 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lilian63 Ad-Free
12th September 2013, 02:14 PM |#11  

More
Screen replacement means full LCD screen replacement
As you can see below, digitizer is fully glued to LCD screen, plus epoxy glue pods in the corners.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
samsung galaxy note 8.0, samsung galaxy note 8.0 repair guide, samsung galaxy note 8.0 screen replacement, samsung galaxy note 8.0 take apart, samsung galaxy note 8.0 tear down

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)