FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] FileZilla for Windows RT

167 posts
Thanks Meter: 184

Post Reply Email Thread
All,

Please find the attached Windows Rt native binaries for FileZilla. FileZilla is a great FTP client:

https://filezilla-project.org/

This port was a labor of love that I started long ago and only manged to get it finished now. I've had to cut out TLS and SFTP support because of the lack of GNU-TLS. All that aside, this should be useful/handy for people looking to transfer files on their local networks or unsecured over the internet.

I hope someone finds this useful!

Cheers!
Attached Files
File Type: 7z filezilla_3.6.0.2_arm.7z - [Click for QR Code] (2.01 MB, 6827 views)
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to bfosterjr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bfosterjr Ad-Free

27th June 2013, 07:53 AM |#2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,919

More
Very nice! Too bad it doesn't use OpenSSL instead; a decent SFTP client would be really nice. Well done on the port; I looked at FZ myself months ago and concluded it would be a considerable project.
27th June 2013, 02:47 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 308

Donate to Me
More
Doesn't the PuTTY port have SFTP support via psftp? And I think FileZilla uses psftp fork for the SFTP functionality.
20th August 2013, 03:11 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Smile Thanks It works very nice!
first of all, very thanks, and it works very nice for me.

i'm very suprised about FILEZILLA working on Surface RT.
i can feel your labor of love because filezilla source code is complex.

i wish microsoft open the surface rt without jailbroken.

best regards.
20th August 2013, 08:34 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 184

Donate to Me
More
Thanks man! Some of these ports take _hours_ of effort because of how many supporting libraries I generally have to also port. FileZilla was one of the complex ones and near the end I just gave up on GNU-TLS and releasd it as is. As I get more things ported and learn more hacks/tricks I'll go back and revisit some of my ports such as FileZilla.

Cheers!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bfosterjr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bfosterjr Ad-Free
30th September 2013, 10:03 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
my sincere thank you for porting filezilla as it is a very useful program. it is because of people like you that make RT usable and not a locked down POS
1st October 2013, 12:03 AM |#7  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 476

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfosterjr

Thanks man! Some of these ports take _hours_ of effort because of how many supporting libraries I generally have to also port. FileZilla was one of the complex ones and near the end I just gave up on GNU-TLS and releasd it as is. As I get more things ported and learn more hacks/tricks I'll go back and revisit some of my ports such as FileZilla.

Cheers!

And after you port us VLC-Player, you redevelop league of legends to work on rt

Jokes aside, I love your work!!! Please keep it on. I know how hard and frustating such work can be, but I think a lot of people (at least me and my friends) are sooo happy, that you make our device more usefull

Cheers
Blade
9th October 2013, 10:58 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thank you so much for this great port! Finally RT got solid ftp program.
Is there any hope to get SFTP working?
9th October 2013, 02:54 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
First of all, many many thanks for the porting.

I extracted it like the other programs I have, but it gives me an error and doesn't initialize:

I searched but I still couldn't solve it. Did anyone have this problem too?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	filezilla.PNG
Views:	481
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	2313170  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)