FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Unbrick/Repair/Reset your Streak- QDL Tool and ADB

165 posts
Thanks Meter: 290

By baba_baba, Senior Member on 29th June 2013, 07:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This should help a lot of people if their Streak is in a bricked/non functional state or if you want to reset everything to stock 2.2. QDL Tool will Unbrick/Repair your phone and install Froyo 2.2 on it from the image. You should then be able to root /install custom ROMs or simply update it with stock 2.3.3.

QDL Repair Tool: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zafy2mn4ygcflez/k_NG62Q1MI
ADB Driver: ftp://ftp.dell.com/Handheld/R288920.exe

Here's what you need to do:

Download the QLD Tool folder from the Dropbox as a zip file.
Unzip the contents in C:

1. Press the volume up button and keep holding it after five seconds(approx) connect the USB cable(The other end should always be connected to the computer) while holding the volume up button until you hear a ding sound from your windows pc. Now open device manager and check for driver listing in the "Unknown" section named "Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM".

If the device is listed as “Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM” under “Other Devices”…
a.Right-click on it and select “Update Driver Software”.
b.Select “Browse my computer for driver software”.
c.Select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.
d.Click “Show All Devices” and then click “Next”.
e.Select “Have Disk”.
f.Select “Browse”.
g.Select the folder containing the drivers. For us, the drivers will be located somewhere like “C:\Streak\repairtool\QDLTool…\Drivers\Driver_2.06 7\Win32”. (Without the quotes, of course.)
h.Select “qcser.inf”, and hit “OK”.
i.Under “Manufacturer”, select “Qualcomm Incorporated”.
j.Under “Model”, select “Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 9002”. Select “Next”.
k.You may get a warning. Hit “Yes” if you do.
l.Once Windows installs those drivers, hit “Close”.
m.Your Streak should now be listed as “Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 9002”, under “Ports”.

2. Download the adb driver and install it. To check whether the driver has installed properly. power on the dell streak holding the camera button simultaneously. streak will give a white screen with fastboot on the right most corner. Enter fast boot mode by tapping on it and the screen will tell that it is waiting for a usb connection. Now connect the streak to the PC. You should hear a ding and the device manager will show "Android 1.0" if the drivers are installed correctly.

Now we have the pre-requisites for the diagnostic mode and fast boot mode.

Run the QDL tool. Now press and hold the volume button while connecting the computer. If the qualcomm drivers were correctly installed you will see that name(qualcomm …) in the port setion.

Click Run. This tool is going to take a lot of time. Here we are carrying out diagnostics and also installing Froyo with BB 306.

It will reboot several times since it has to enter fast boot mode to install recovery and flash the rom. If at the end, all the logs turn out green, Congrats, you have repaired your device. Exit the tool, unplug the device and reboot.

I successfully revived my Streak using this method. Wish you all good luck.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to baba_baba For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift baba_baba Ad-Free

29th June 2013, 05:26 PM |#2  
Flag Vulcan
Thanks Meter: 2,277

More
TheManii has had the flashing tools available for some time, but the link has admittedly been difficult to find. Not having an alternate link to download the files from will lead to disaster if the site ever permanently goes down, so keep your links up and running as long as you can. Pinning this thread would be useful.

Dell Streak Flashing Tools
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strephon Alkhalikoi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Strephon Alkhalikoi Ad-Free
1st July 2013, 04:33 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strephon Alkhalikoi

TheManii has had the flashing tools available for some time, but the link has admittedly been difficult to find. Not having an alternate link to download the files from will lead to disaster if the site ever permanently goes down, so keep your links up and running as long as you can. Pinning this thread would be useful.

Dell Streak Flashing Tools

Thanks mate! I will do my best.
17th July 2013, 12:35 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by baba_baba

This should help a lot of people if their Streak is in a bricked/non functional state or if you want to reset everything to stock 2.2. QDL Tool will Unbrick/Repair your phone and install Froyo 2.2 on it from the image. You should then be able to root /install custom ROMs or simply update it with stock 2.3.3.

QDL Repair Tool: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zafy2mn4ygcflez/k_NG62Q1MI
ADB Driver: ftp://ftp.dell.com/Handheld/R288920.exe

Here's what you need to do:

Download the QLD Tool folder from the Dropbox as a zip file.
Unzip the contents in C:

1. Press the volume up button and keep holding it after five seconds(approx) connect the USB cable(The other end should always be connected to the computer) while holding the volume up button until you hear a ding sound from your windows pc. Now open device manager and check for driver listing in the "Unknown" section named "Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM".

If the device is listed as “Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM” under “Other Devices”…
a.Right-click on it and select “Update Driver Software”.
b.Select “Browse my computer for driver software”.
c.Select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.
d.Click “Show All Devices” and then click “Next”.
e.Select “Have Disk”.
f.Select “Browse”.
g.Select the folder containing the drivers. For us, the drivers will be located somewhere like “C:\Streak\repairtool\QDLTool…\Drivers\Driver_2.06 7\Win32”. (Without the quotes, of course.)
h.Select “qcser.inf”, and hit “OK”.
i.Under “Manufacturer”, select “Qualcomm Incorporated”.
j.Under “Model”, select “Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 9002”. Select “Next”.
k.You may get a warning. Hit “Yes” if you do.
l.Once Windows installs those drivers, hit “Close”.
m.Your Streak should now be listed as “Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 9002”, under “Ports”.

2. Download the adb driver and install it. To check whether the driver has installed properly. power on the dell streak holding the camera button simultaneously. streak will give a white screen with fastboot on the right most corner. Enter fast boot mode by tapping on it and the screen will tell that it is waiting for a usb connection. Now connect the streak to the PC. You should hear a ding and the device manager will show "Android 1.0" if the drivers are installed correctly.

Now we have the pre-requisites for the diagnostic mode and fast boot mode.

Run the QDL tool. Now press and hold the volume button while connecting the computer. If the qualcomm drivers were correctly installed you will see that name(qualcomm …) in the port setion.

Click Run. This tool is going to take a lot of time. Here we are carrying out diagnostics and also installing Froyo with BB 306.

It will reboot several times since it has to enter fast boot mode to install recovery and flash the rom. If at the end, all the logs turn out green, Congrats, you have repaired your device. Exit the tool, unplug the device and reboot.

I successfully revived my Streak using this method. Wish you all good luck.

Hi I have Windows 7 with 64 bit. I have tried with above drivers as mentioned but due to OS version problem I couldn't follow the steps. Is there any solution for this?
17th July 2013, 02:28 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsrpani

Hi I have Windows 7 with 64 bit. I have tried with above drivers as mentioned but due to OS version problem I couldn't follow the steps. Is there any solution for this?

The following drivers should work for Windows 7 64 bit:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...IGR-69999.html

If not, you may need to install more drivers. Please follow the post

http://anomaloushacker.blogspot.com....ows-7-x64.html

It is a bit complicated and over detailed but the drivers should work

Cheers
17th July 2013, 03:00 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

The following drivers should work for Windows 7 64 bit:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...IGR-69999.html

If not, you may need to install more drivers. Please follow the post

http://anomaloushacker.blogspot.com....ows-7-x64.html

It is a bit complicated and over detailed but the drivers should work

Cheers

Thanks for your quick response. While clicking on first link, it is going to Lenovo site - http://support.lenovo.com/en_ZA/ . Suggest me on this.
25th November 2013, 01:11 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne

More
Update
Hi

As we all know Dell Streak is a tricky phone to work with and if this process doesn't work for you or f you get stuck somewhere, please try and repeat the process from the beginning. This has worked for many of us.

I apologize if the links get broken in time. I had to spend hours and hours to locate the drivers/links. If they get deleted, I am happy to send the files to you if required.

Cheers
Baba
The Following User Says Thank You to baba_baba For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift baba_baba Ad-Free
1st December 2013, 07:47 AM |#8  
Puerto Rico
Thanks Meter: 7

More
hi can you post the driver for win 7 64 bit?
the links r dead

thanks

Quote:

Hi

As we all know Dell Streak is a tricky phone to work with and if this process doesn't work for you or f you get stuck somewhere, please try and repeat the process from the beginning. This has worked for many of us.

I apologize if the links get broken in time. I had to spend hours and hours to locate the drivers/links. If they get deleted, I am happy to send the files to you if required.

Cheers
Baba

13th January 2014, 07:37 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne

More
Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakmal

hi can you post the driver for win 7 64 bit?
the links r dead

thanks

Please try the following:

http://www.driverscape.com/download/...chnologies-msm
27th January 2014, 09:48 PM |#10  
Flag Treasure Island
Thanks Meter: 2,295

More
i got stuck here after following every single steps........

Code:
###QDLTool: M 2.7.4.8, build ID: 1.301.20101022, time stamp: Mon Jan 27 10:09:21 2014
Check image DBL: C:\QDLTool3rd_20101022_GAUSB1A130500\images\dbl.mbn ...
Check image FSBL: C:\QDLTool3rd_20101022_GAUSB1A130500\images\fsbl.mbn ...
Check image OSBL: C:\QDLTool3rd_20101022_GAUSB1A130500\images\osbl.mbn ...
Check image AMSS: C:\QDLTool3rd_20101022_GAUSB1A130500\images\amss.mbn ...
Check image DSP1: C:\QDLTool3rd_20101022_GAUSB1A130500\images\dsp1.mbn ...
Check image APPSBL: C:\QDLTool3rd_20101022_GAUSB1A130500\images\appsboot.mbn ...
Check image DT: C:\QDLTool3rd_20101022_GAUSB1A130500\images\DT.img ...
Check image boot.img: C:\QDLTool3rd_20101022_GAUSB1A130500\images\boot.img ...
Check image system.img: C:\QDLTool3rd_20101022_GAUSB1A130500\images\system.img ...
Check image userdata.img: C:\QDLTool3rd_20101022_GAUSB1A130500\images\userdata.img ...
Check image recovery.img: C:\QDLTool3rd_20101022_GAUSB1A130500\images\recovery.img ...
Check image logfilter.img: C:\QDLTool3rd_20101022_GAUSB1A130500\images\logfilter.img ...
Check image Region: C:\QDLTool3rd_20101022_GAUSB1A130500\images\RC_us.img ...
Check images:  Partition Dbl Fsbl Osbl Amss Dsp1 DT Appsbl Boot System Userdata Recovery LogFilter RCFile
Check images ok
Download in speedup way
Open COM port success
OSBL version: 12-5035-AUSB1AM-09
osbl.mbn version: 
Baseband image version: M8650BAUSB1AM5035SIGN
Check device and image is Austin
Baseband image version: M8650BAUSB1AM5035SIGN
Check device and image is Austin
Open COM port success
Check Secure Boot is enabled
#Set Fast Boot Flag success
Open COM port success
Test communication success
#DBL to DDR success
#FSBL to DDR success
#OSBL to DDR success
#DT to DDR success
#backup FSBL to DDR success
Run HEX success
Streaming hello success
Send Security mode success
Download partition table success
#Download DBL success
#Download FSBL success
#Download OSBL success
#Download DT success
#Download backup FSBL success
Erase EFS2 success
Wait for rebooting ....... ok
Wait for modem set up ......
Wait for ADB device ......... Okay
Check version ... DT:y3.752
version-baseband: GAUSB1A1355B00
fastboot mode vid: 0x413c
Disable DT write check... ok
fastboot download: AMSS, checksum: 0x8bcb76e2 ...
sending 'AMSS' (15708 KB)... FAILED (data transfer failure (Too many links))
ERROR[DA1]: download AMSS Fail!
fastboot download: boot, checksum: 0x22a73395 ...
13th April 2014, 08:05 AM |#11  
Flag Bandar Lampung
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by whalesplaho

i got stuck here after following every single steps........

Code:
Disable DT write check... ok
fastboot download: AMSS, checksum: 0x8bcb76e2 ...
sending 'AMSS' (15708 KB)... FAILED (data transfer failure (Too many links))
fastboot download: boot, checksum: 0x22a73395 ...

same happen to me
is there any body ???
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)