FORUMS

Bad sound quality

23 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By 718, Junior Member on 8th March 2005, 05:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
There was a thread here about that the voice from the earpiece is distorted. I experienced to have a similar problem. From the first day the sound was excellent but in 2 months it changed to distorted and then become very-very weak. At the same time the sound was good if a loudspeaker is on or if the hands-free is connected. Thus, I supposed that the contact becomes bad. To fix it, I disassembled the device. The *.pdf-file how to do that is included (33 megs). When the contacts were formed so they touch firmly the corresponding places on the printed board and the device was assembled, I heard nice voice from the earpiece.
So, in some cases the problem with the sound may be due to weak contacts. I suppose the contacts may become poor because the material for the outputs on the earpiece is not so elastic plus influence of vibration from the vibromotor plus influence of humidity.
Backup the system before disassembly because during this the backup battery may discharge completely!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf mda-jam-.pdf - [Click for QR Code] (32.32 MB, 117973 views)
8th May 2005, 11:49 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Sorry wasn't logged on...
8th May 2005, 03:23 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks a lot I got this problem long time ago but I don't know how to disassemble it so I always try to shake it to fix ......
8th May 2005, 10:47 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 275

More
Great ! Very useful
Thanks
10th May 2005, 03:36 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 127

More
thanks for the guide..... very useful
10th May 2005, 04:45 PM |#6  
Bologna

More
Where can I find the 33meg pdf? I need to disassemble the device too...

regards
10th May 2005, 05:05 PM |#7  
Flag Larissa
Thanks Meter: 75

More
That is what I thought th first time I opened my MDA Compact! Believe me I am the very first one I did when the device first came out! After lots of research let me tell you this:
IT IS NOT THE CONTACTS! IT IS THE SPEAKER! The membrane is of low quality when you open the device and "fixing" the contacts it will only make it to work for a few phone calls up to a couple of days at most! The speaker is burnt by the high amount of volume the motherboard of JAM gives to the speaker! If you want to solve your problem then you ll have to find a Nokia Center and buy a speaker for a Nokia 6610! Nokia 6610 and HTC Magician have exactly the same speaker! The only thing you have to do is to change nokia's black cloth ribbon on the top of the speaker with HTC's black rubber get it into your magician and there you are! You have a perfect sound again! My only advise is to use the call volume just a click less than the maximum volume so you won't blow away your new speaker!
I dissasembled and reassembled my MDA compact more than 11 times trying fixing the contacts with no permanent result! After replacing the speaker with a Nokias's 6610 speaker everything seems to work like a dream for at least a month now! :wink:
Its much more easier to get Nokia's spare parts than HTC's! The speaker cost me 18euros!
10th May 2005, 05:21 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
any chances you could post us nice pictures of these manipulations ?
10th May 2005, 05:44 PM |#9  
Flag Larissa
Thanks Meter: 75

More
I would love to do that but please I don't think that my magician could survive one more disassembly! :twisted: In case of replacing a friend's speaker next week who has the same problem I will make sure I get those pics! Magician is extremely easy to be taken apart! The only hard parts in the removing process are the upper backplate which has to be removed very carefully in order to be fitted back in its place afterwards and the front faceplate where you will need something very thin like a thin knife or even better a razor to take it away from the black plastic on the sides! :wink:
4th June 2005, 08:20 AM |#10  

More
where is the link to the pdf
Hey guys,

I cannot see the link to the pdf. I need to disassemble my Jam too.

Thanx, Martido
4th June 2005, 08:26 AM |#11  

More
Sorry, I found it. Just woke up....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)