FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Possible to change a GT-I9508 to a GT-I9505 ?

308 posts
Thanks Meter: 32

By jbs68, Senior Member on 2nd July 2013, 03:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello every body!

I am French and I live in China (long time for working) and I have bought a Samsung S4 by China Mobile.
The problem with this phone is that he don't have any Google Soft !! And the implemented market is only in chinese! I can not use it and I can not find somme French application that I need....

I would try to change de Chinese ROM by a French ROM.

Below, is the technical difference between the i9505 and the i9508:

So, if some one have try to change the phone i9508 to i9505, please help me to do !!
Of course, I would keep the 3G ...

Any help is welcome !!

Thank you by advance.....

7th July 2013, 07:26 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Montbéliard

More
I have try to change the Chinese firmware by a French firmware by ODIN.
In ODIN, the transfert fail about 95%, but I have try to turn on the phone, he is in French and he work !!! But just WLAN doesn't working...

My question is to know if I can install a original MODEM version from china by ODIN to make working the WLAN?

Someone can axplain me how I can do to upgrade the MODEM ?

Thank you.
7th July 2013, 11:11 AM |#3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbs68

I have try to change the Chinese firmware by a French firmware by ODIN.
In ODIN, the transfert fail about 95%, but I have try to turn on the phone, he is in French and he work !!! But just WLAN doesn't working...

My question is to know if I can install a original MODEM version from china by ODIN to make working the WLAN?

Someone can axplain me how I can do to upgrade the MODEM ?

Thank you.

you can extract the modem from this firmware with 7zip http://www.hotfile.com/dl/227241997/...1_CHM.zip.html then make it in .tar.md5 file and flash it with odin
7th July 2013, 04:14 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Montbéliard

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samersh72

you can extract the modem from this firmware with 7zip http://www.hotfile.com/dl/227241997/...1_CHM.zip.html then make it in .tar.md5 file and flash it with odin

I have already downloaded this file (it's the last firmware for my GT-I9508).
But, how I can extract the modem from these file !?
And how I can make it in .tar.md5 ?

Can I replace the file "modem.bin" in the french firmware by this one from the chinese firmware..? And then, flash the phone again by ODIN..?
I yes, I have another file to replace or only this one...? ("NON-HLOS.bin" file..?)

And if I do that, you think my WLAN will working after..?
7th July 2013, 04:30 PM |#5  
Quote:

I have already downloaded this file (it's the last frimware for my GT-I9508).
But, how I can extract the modem from these file !?

open the md5 file (the firmware) with 7zip, you will find some images and files. right click on modem and NON-HLOS and copy them to your desktop.
and make them flashable with odin and flash it
if you dont know how to make it an odin file, upload it for me and i will make it for you (but it will take time...bad connection...)
8th July 2013, 12:11 AM |#6  
San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I also have an i9508
Hi! I also have a rooted i9508 with fully functional Google software. Even though I am satisfied with the Google software, I want to somehow install i9505 firmware. I am American, so I'd need to download an English Firmware. If anyone is able to get i9505 firmware on the i9508 and have it fully functioning, please update me! Thank you!
8th July 2013, 12:43 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Montbéliard

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samersh72

open the md5 file (the firmware) with 7zip, you will find some images and files. right click on modem and NON-HLOS and copy them to your desktop.
and make them flashable with odin and flash it
if you dont know how to make it an odin file, upload it for me and i will make it for you (but it will take time...bad connection...)

For extract the 2 files is not a problem.
You can explain me step by step how I can make the flashable file?
Thx.
8th July 2013, 03:05 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Montbéliard

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeffreyguy

Hi! I also have a rooted i9508 with fully functional Google software. Even though I am satisfied with the Google software, I want to somehow install i9505 firmware. I am American, so I'd need to download an English Firmware. If anyone is able to get i9505 firmware on the i9508 and have it fully functioning, please update me! Thank you!

Hello, I have bought a i9508 in China Mobile shop (China) but all the google tools are not include in this release... I have try to install google play directly by the SDCARD, but after installing, it doens't work !?
(after the installation of google play without error, when I tap on the application, google play opens and closes immediately!! )

Can you explain me how you have add google play on your i9508 ??

Thx !!
8th July 2013, 03:36 AM |#9  
San Francisco

More
How to root i9508 and flash Google applications
Quote:

Hello, I have bought a i9508 in China Mobile shop (China) but all the google tools are not include in this release... I have try to install google play directly by the SDCARD, but after installing, it doens't work !?
(after the installation of google play without error, when I tap on the application, google play opens and closes immediately!! )

Can you explain me how you have add google play on your i9508 ??

Thx !!

I have attached instructions on a word document because i cannot post links because i am a beginner on this website. I hope this helps!
The Following User Says Thank You to thejeffreyguy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thejeffreyguy Ad-Free
8th July 2013, 01:25 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Montbéliard

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeffreyguy

I have attached instructions on a word document because i cannot post links because i am a beginner on this website. I hope this helps!

Hello, thank you for your instructions, but I can not download the "Clockworkmod recovery", the file isn't available (the link is dead..)
Can I use this file : "CWM/i9505-cwm-recovery-6.0.3.2-4.tar" ?
8th July 2013, 06:56 PM |#11  
San Francisco

More
Files
I would not recommend it, because my clockworkmod has been modded by a chinese modder. But here I have attached a 2 rar files. These have the same files inside but it's just that the file was too big so I had to split it in two. I hope this works.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thejeffreyguy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thejeffreyguy Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)