Post Reply Email Thread
26th August 2019, 07:36 AM |#391  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Flag Preserving Air Supremacy over XDA!
Thanks Meter: 6,988

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennoard

Yeah I realized moments later that the project hasn't been created in the original place I intended (Android software hacking I believe). I found them in my XDA profile page and asked a moderator to delete one of them. So at least it got addressed but the unresponsive (says Google Chrome) page is still a thing.

Personally, I won't preclude a "simple" browser issue. I don't have experiences with Chrome as it's by Google that I try to avoid. But pending on my used browsers - for Firefox even pending on the profile I use, I've different and quite often annoying experiences with XDA in general and DevDB is specific. Currently, my best experiences are with Firefox and a specially created profile for XDA; and for privacy reasons I don't do anything else but surfing XDA with this profile.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oswald Boelcke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oswald Boelcke Ad-Free

26th August 2019, 10:38 AM |#392  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,821

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald Boelcke

...snip... Currently, my best experiences are with Firefox and a specially created profile for XDA; and for privacy reasons I don't do anything else but surfing XDA with this profile.

My secondary browser of choice is a portable"install" of the TOR browser, which of course is also Firefox based. The other benefit of TOR is that it will also help test region based issues with the net; in addition to the privacy.
26th August 2019, 06:14 PM |#393  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 6,486

Donate to Me
More
I use both the Waterfox and Internet Explorer Browsers on my PC. I use both the Waterfox and Puffin Browsers on my Android.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Apple Macintosh.
28th August 2019, 02:27 AM |#394  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,821

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

There are two threads for "ask anything" / "newbie friendly" It seems that some people may ask a question in one, and it gets missed by others who may be able to help, but are reading/responding in the other. Both are actively used.

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2257421

[Ask Any Question][Newbie Friendly]
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2259645

All the obvious issues of duplication.

Now that I realise the above duplication, I noticed a duplicate post, also because they used such a large screen shot (a personal hate) that it was hard to miss, but the user has posted his question in both of the above threads. OK, so I'm a squeaky hinge...
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...ostcount=29467
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...ostcount=43862

Normally I would report duplicate posts, but in this case I could hardly hold it against them, and I wouldn't know which to report
29th August 2019, 07:17 PM |#395  
Flag Wrocław
Thanks Meter: 148

Donate to Me
More
I noticed that when you change the date format (eg. to European Short) in profile settings, it works in threads and posts, but it doesn't apply changes to the "Most thanked" element on the right side.
This different date format makes it a lot easier for me to read dates, is there a chance to have this fixed?
29th August 2019, 10:31 PM |#396  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 6,486

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReduxPL

I noticed that when you change the date format.........

Just a thought... Maybe @bitpushr or @MikeChannon can elaborate/clarify on this a bit further...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Apple Macintosh.
4th September 2019, 10:52 AM |#397  
Forum Admin
Thanks Meter: 11,982

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuprophen

Just a thought... Maybe @bitpushr or @MikeChannon can elaborate/clarify on this a bit further...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hopefully bitpushr picks this up.

Mike
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeChannon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MikeChannon Ad-Free
13th September 2019, 04:19 PM |#398  
Hi all - I've got a bug on one of my DevDB threads. I recently uploaded a 32.34MB file to the downloads tab. It's been downloaded 9 times...and now it's showing a 404 error if anybody else tries to download it.
This is actually the 2nd time this has happened. I uploaded the same file yesterday and it hit 15 downloads before the 404 error.

Could somebody look into this please? The file's here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/dev...t/dl/?id=31832

Thanks!
14th September 2019, 10:56 PM |#399  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Hi Svetius

Just a quick message to say that the bar at the top of xda forum style 2015 hides the thread location ie

General discussion > About xda-developers.com > XDA DevDB FAQ / Feedback / Bug Reports by svetius

makes it slightly awkward to go back when you have read 30 pages of threads.

I'm using an amazon hd8 ot sure if this is the same for other devices though.

Many thanks

Linuxnubee
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)