By svetius, User Experience Admin on 3rd July 2013, 07:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th January 2020, 08:57 AM |#411  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,360

More
Battery Low Project dB update fail
I think this is the correct thread, but its the first post of the year; yeah, sure, the year has just started...

I have a project dB, which i have just updated (ie the OP with a new version). Updating Project dB's has been flakey for a while, but I can work around it by simply re-opening the project in another window, and manually checking it has updated. Normally, I get a page such as this after pressing either of the two save options.
Click image for larger version

Name:	01 web page after save.png
Views:	22
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	4928389
NB: I have tried saving it twice with the second one being a change in formatting to ensure it triggered a save.

However, when I look at the OP, it shows it being last updated by some other random user (ie not me), with some way historical date (ie not now)
Click image for larger version

Name:	02 after save wron user and date.png
Views:	28
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	4928391

The project URL is: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...ation-t3806260
17th January 2020, 05:17 PM |#412  
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

I think this is the correct thread, but its the first post of the year; yeah, sure, the year has just started...

I have a project dB, which i have just updated (ie the OP with a new version). Updating Project dB's has been flakey for a while, but I can work around it by simply re-opening the project in another window, and manually checking it has updated. Normally, I get a page such as this after pressing either of the two save options.

NB: I have tried saving it twice with the second one being a change in formatting to ensure it triggered a save.

However, when I look at the OP, it shows it being last updated by some other random user (ie not me), with some way historical date (ie not now)

The project URL is: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...ation-t3806260

He's an Administrator.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=450224
Certainly not random.

Sent from my mata using XDA Labs
17th January 2020, 11:32 PM |#413  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,360

More
Originally Posted by sd_shadow

He's an Administrator.
Certainly not random.

Are you implying that the update was some mod edit / "adjustment" / correction? if so, I would of expected some kind of notification of the reason for the edit. ie what he felt needed to be "corrected", that I had done wrong / broken some XDA rule.

Also, I have done multiple updates of that devdb since the date shown, and I do not remember it showing that info. ie not me.

---------- Post added at 09:32 ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow

He's an Administrator.
Certainly not random.

I actually found I could see what changes were made by the edit. And the edit would appear to only be changes I had made when releasing a new version (ie version number, file download location, date etc etc), but is definitely not the last edit. Especially since I have just edited it yesterday.

And, the edit jumps (as well as a few other minor edits such as MD5 and download URL etc etc)
- Current Stable Version: 1.0.36
- Stable Release Date: 2019-03-31

+ Current Stable Version: 1.0.55
+ Stable Release Date: 2019-12-10

And ALL my updates would of been by single increments to the version number, so it does not make any sense that it jumps 19 versions in a single edit let alone the date jump. and lets not forget, I edited it yesterday (and these changes are visible in the OP) but the last edited still shows the wrong values for date and user.
18th January 2020, 10:55 AM |#414  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Flag Preserving Air Supremacy over XDA
Thanks Meter: 9,216

More
Quote:

Are you implying that the update was some mod edit / "adjustment" / correction? if so, I would of expected some kind of notification of the reason for the edit. ie what he felt needed to be "corrected", that I had done wrong / broken some XDA rule.

Also, I have done multiple updates of that devdb since the date shown, and I do not remember it showing that info. ie not me.

I actually found I could see what changes were made by the edit. And the edit would appear to only be changes I had made when releasing a new version (ie version number, file download location, date etc etc), but is definitely not the last edit. Especially since I have just edited it yesterday.

And, the edit jumps (as well as a few other minor edits such as MD5 and download URL etc etc)

And ALL my updates would of been by single increments to the version number, so it does not make any sense that it jumps 19 versions in a single edit let alone the date jump. and lets not forget, I edited it yesterday (and these changes are visible in the OP) but the last edited still shows the wrong values for date and user.

I'm not familiar with DevDB and it's functionalities. Maybe @bitpushr @malybru or @MikeChannon have an explanation?
18th January 2020, 03:56 PM |#415  
Forum Admin
Thanks Meter: 12,772

More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald Boelcke

I'm not familiar with DevDB and it's functionalities. Maybe @bitpushr @malybru or @MikeChannon have an explanation?

Well I'm an Admin but not expert on DevdB functionality either. DevdB is not as updated as it might be and is and is more in bitpushr's domain than mine. He's our chief systems person.
When bitpushr changes something he normally doesn't do so in order to act as a Moderator but more usually to correct some systems issue or something not showing correctly. Other times he's maybe just testing something, perhaps following a user saying something in the post/thread isn't working correctly.

Mike
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MikeChannon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MikeChannon Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)