FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Desire - device failed enumeration fastboot/hboot mode

104 posts
Thanks Meter: 47

Post Reply Email Thread
OK everybody I think I already know what is going to come from this but I'm putting it out there anyway to see if anybody else in this world has experienced anything like this and managed to resolve it. I'm assuming it's the boot-loader that is at fault here but maybe, hopefully I am wrong.

So a friend of mine has rooted and installed Cyanogenmod 7.1 stable on his HTC Desire (bravo - gsm) using the revolutionary method. It has been working fine except he had many issues getting any ADB drivers to install and work. I've resolved this issue using Koush's drivers. Good old Koush. File transfers work fine too so the USB itself is obviously fine.

The problem I am facing is that he couldn't and now I cannot for the life of me get HBOOT/Fastboot drivers to install. I've tried using Windows and Linux for this task. I'm assuming that all was well before considering the fact he rooted his device!
Now, please don't shout at me but maybe there is a fancy HTC mode like the Samsung download mode that can be used? It's been a while since using HTC and couldn't recall if there was or even if it would be on these early devices.

So....
In Linux I've done all of the 51android.rules stuff and it works with my Galaxy Nexus and Nexus One. I can also see the device in 'sudo lsusb'.
In Windows.... well.... it's Windows, what more can I say!
The device shows up in device manager as Unknown USB Device (Device failed Enumeration). Now I know that basically means that my device is technically buggered, over current, generally failed to connect etc. I've tried different cables, ports and computers!

So here is the boot-loader information:
Revolutionary (In the pink bar at the top)
S-OFF
HBOOT-6.93.1002
RADIO-5.11.05.27

Whether in Fastboot or HBOOT, when I plug the device in it flashes between Fastboot and Fastboot USB/HBOOT and HBOOT USB PLUG
after a few seconds it goes back to the USB unplugged state on the phone and Windows pops up USB devices not recognized and I get the device show up in device manager as mentioned above.
If I try to install any HTC or custom/universal Fastboot drivers thy all fail as does HTC sync.

I've tried suggestions in this post too - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2124360

I think that is everything I can provide. Let me know if you need anything else! Like I say, I think it's the boot-loader itself but would loved to be proved wrong!

Thanks in advanced everyone!

DeeToTheVee

4th July 2013, 06:42 AM |#2  
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Thanks Meter: 3,454

More
Does connecting your phone as a storage device work?
4th July 2013, 07:25 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 47

Donate to Me
More
Yes both storage mode and ADB work fine. ADB was a pain to get working though. Only the universal drivers from Koush worked on windows.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda app-developers app
9th October 2013, 07:41 PM |#4  
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Unhappy [Q] Help
I have some problem ,
Still no work :/ My os Windows 8.1 x64 ,
Mobile ... , usb device not recognized. So sad i cant downgrade my hboot and still no work Fastboot…
I try disconnect all devices and try all usb port on my computer no work . . .device failed enumeration.
Htc sync cant find my phone. But storage is work fine. Any idea ? Solution ? please
10th October 2013, 07:54 PM |#5  
Flag Sesvete, Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 1,864

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasp3rsky

I have some problem ,
Still no work :/ My os Windows 8.1 x64 ,
Mobile ... , usb device not recognized. So sad i cant downgrade my hboot and still no work Fastboot…
I try disconnect all devices and try all usb port on my computer no work . . .device failed enumeration.
Htc sync cant find my phone. But storage is work fine. Any idea ? Solution ? please

Windows 8 has some problems with installing drivers. I used friends Windows 8 to root her phone and got the same message. With my Windows 7 it worked fine
10th October 2013, 11:14 PM |#6  
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Wink
thanks Yes , windows 8 is su*k but i have Windows 8 and8.1 --11 months but some things is worst (drivers now) i actually finished Bricked and Downgrade my phone (hboot) on Windows 7x64 everything is OK adb and fastboot working on
But i want do this thing on my deskop PC with Win8 Do you think it will ever be possible haha Mic*osoft =D

11th October 2013, 10:01 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1,495

More
Theres a thread in desire general somewhere by @k3lcior and he had same problems with windows 8 but he found the solution (drivers etc) have a search for it or look at his profile then threads started by him. The solution is here somewhere
The Following User Says Thank You to jmcclue For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jmcclue Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device failed enumeration, fastboot, hboot, htc desire

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)