[APP][4.0+][ROOT] Flashify

Search This thread

Benny Alex

Feb 24, 2013
Is it possible to flash a Boot.img on Xperia Play?

Gesendet von meinem R800i mit Tapatalk

cgollner

Jan 19, 2012
Lisbon
Let's make this app as compatible as possible!

If you have a device that isn't working with Flashify, please try to find out and let me know:

the location/path of the boot and recovery partitions of your device!

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: The Analog Kid

mick.li

Aug 17, 2012
Is there a different way to get the latest version than through the Play Store? It keeps telling me my devices are incompatible although I have a Samsung Nexus and a Nexus 7 (2013). Even better would a s solution to my Play Store problem :D.

Mick

cgollner

Jan 19, 2012
Lisbon
Is there a different way to get the latest version than through the Play Store? It keeps telling me my devices are incompatible although I have a Samsung Nexus and a Nexus 7 (2013). Even better would a s solution to my Play Store problem :D.

Mick

That's weird.. Do you have that problem with other apps?

mick.li

Aug 17, 2012
That's weird.. Do you have that problem with other apps?

Yes, it's a general problem for me. I can not buy any apps on the Play Store anymore. Used to be just not able to buy at home (with a Orange Switzerland), but could buy once I was out of the country and connected to a wireless. Now I can't buy anything and all the published workarounds don't work :(.

Mick

AndroidUzer

Aug 5, 2011
California
Can this backup the Stock Recovery?

Scenario: Nexus 5 that is unlocked and rooted but still has the Stock Recovery - CF-Auto-Root

Can this app backup (and restore) my Stock Recovery?
If so even after flashing a Custom Recovery.. Can I then restore the Stock Recovery let's say to install an OTA?

Can this app do that?

Thanks

cgollner

Jan 19, 2012
Lisbon
Reactions: mick.li

MidnightHarvester

Apr 16, 2010
In the VAST
I gather a blank screen means device not compatible? LG G2 here.. And I just saw clockworkmod recoveries with the .lok.zip extension so guessedtit was compatible.

MidnightHarvester

Apr 16, 2010
In the VAST
A black screen when? As soon as you open the app? Or after flashing something?

It was just an empty screen and all that was there was the reboot menu options. I was on a 4.3 ROM last whem I tried it. I just reinstalled ot so that I could get q logcat and take a look at it and also attach it here, but since then il I flashed Malladus and now it 'appears' to be working. Can't verify yet as I haven't flashed anything but I assume that it should from this point.

I'll test it out this morning and report back if anything odd happens.

cgollner

Jan 19, 2012
Lisbon
New update:

v.1.1.4:
- Internal file explorer now allows you to choose a file from anywhere, not just the internal sdcard.
- Flash Queue (For TWRP) is always accessible from the action bar.
- Fixed some issues regarding flashing zips.
- SDcard backups are now placed in the app specific Android folder for compatibility reasons. This means that it will work better, but if you uninstall the app, you will lose your sdcard backups.

For those of you who don't want to wait for the Play Store update, grab the file here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9699990/Flashify.apk

danalog

Jul 6, 2012
LG G2 (Vzw VS980) - Flashify got 'er done!

Many thanks for Flashify! I could not flash a recovery and tried/scoured the xda (and other) forums trying to do so via terminals. Kept failing until I saw your post about Flashify. Downloaded it, browsed to the recovery.img on my sdcard, and the rest is history as it worked flawlessly on my LG G2 verizon. Hope this reaches other LG G2 users like me. Your app is awesome! :laugh:

cgollner

Jan 19, 2012
Lisbon
Many thanks for Flashify! I could not flash a recovery and tried/scoured the xda (and other) forums trying to do so via terminals. Kept failing until I saw your post about Flashify. Downloaded it, browsed to the recovery.img on my sdcard, and the rest is history as it worked flawlessly on my LG G2 verizon. Hope this reaches other LG G2 users like me. Your app is awesome! :laugh:

Just great! Love to get that kind of feedback!

SGWUser

Jun 22, 2012
It's just awesome, everywhere you see people recommending Flashify to flash any kind of recovery.img/boot.img

Really weird that we could live without Flashify some months ago :)

Reactions: cgollner

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello XDA folks,

I present to you Flashify. My new tool app to help you easily flash and backup your stuff!

With this app you will be able to easily flash boot.img, recovery.img and also .zip files.
    To flash .img files, you won't even need to have a custom recovery. Just flash and reboot.

To flash .zip files, you'll need a custom recovery. If you have TWRP you will also be able to wipe cache, dalvik and data.

To help you keep track of your flashing, the app has a recents list, which you can access to quickly flash again.

You can also backup/restore boot and recovery. You will be able to choose between Sdcard and cloud (Dropbox). If you choose Dropbox,
    the app will automatically synchronize your backups between devices and installs/uninstalls.

Flash from anywhere! Do you want to flash from your favorite File Explorer? No biggie, that also works together with Flashify. Any other app that opens files will also work with Flashify, seamslessly, for the best user experience.

Please let me know if you have another device, and if it is working or not.

Play Store link

framed_Screenshot_2013-07-02-03-16-36.png
    framed_Screenshot_2013-07-02-03-16-49.png
    framed_Screenshot_2013-07-02-03-17-18.png
    framed_Screenshot_2013-07-12-22-33-52.png
    framed_Screenshot_2013-07-02-03-18-17.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    Flashify, App for the Android General

Contributors
    cgollner

Version Information

Created 2013-11-13
    Last Updated 2014-10-16
    OK, that makes me feel bad.. gonna think about it!

You wrote Flashify, you're not allowed to feel bad! ;)

Realistically, Flashify is not an app that anybody needs to stare at for extended periods of time and making it "prettier" should probably not be much of a priority. I know that "material design" is a trendy discussion topic these days, but its relevance to many utilities is questionable. As long as Flashify does what it's supposed to do and does it well, there might not be any obvious reason to lose sleep over how cute its UI should look. Keep up the good work, whether it's holoed, materialized or cgolinered... ;)
    I'll try to make TWRP and PhilZ downloads work again ASAP.
    Flashify v1.9.2:
    1 - Fixed backup issues on Marshmallow
    2 - Download stock kernel/recovery for Nexus 5X and 6P

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cgollner.flashify
    working on LG L7 P700
    nice work!

Awesome! Glad to know that it works on other devices as well!

Awesome work! Hate to thread jack but what is that keyboard?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Haha, no problem. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.touchtype.swiftkey