DISCLAIMER: I do not expect anything to go wrong as I have personally tested this. However, YOU are choosing to make these modifications to your phone so I DO NOT take responsibility for any damage that may come as a result of using this. If you come back and point the finger at me, I will laugh at you.
If your phone is not an SGS3, this MAY still work for you. I take absolutely NO responsibility either way.
The following files are attached to this post for convenience. Download and install the apps, download and extract the zip file somewhere convenient.
- Superuser by Koush(MUST be this one. You can change it later if you so desire.)
- Terminal Emulator by Jack Palevich ( MUST be this one)
- Zip file, extracted somewhere convenient
These generic names will be used:
/path/to/motochopperDir - This is the full path to the extracted motochopper-mobile DIRECTORY or FOLDER. Example: /sdcard/motochopper-mobile (will vary depending on where you extracted the files).
NOTE: After running the script, Motochopper may or may not print "Failed", but the exploit DOES indeed work regardless of this. Make sure you reboot for changes to take effect.
- Download the attached zip file AND both apps.
- Install Terminal Emulator and Superuser (use a file manager, navigate to the downloaded .apk files and click on each file to install them).
- Open up Terminal Emulator and type the following commands. Press the ENTER key after each command.
cd /path/to/motochopperDir cat setup.sh > /data/data/jackpal.androidterm/setup.sh cd /data/data/jackpal.androidterm chmod 755 setup.sh ./setup.sh /path/to/motochopperDir
From there, my setup.sh script will handle the rest of the process. If you are still unsure, see my sample run below.
Sample run (files were extracted to /sdcard/moto)
cd /sdcard/moto cat setup.sh > /data/data/jackpal.androidterm/setup.sh cd /data/data/jackpal.androidterm chmod 755 setup.sh ./setup.sh /sdcard/moto
Motochopper exploit by djrbliss (Dan Rosenburg). Original thread here.
Jack Palevich and Koush for their apps, especially Jack Palevich. This would not be possible without the shared permissions on his app's data directory.
Download the attachments!