FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Lost my photos with TWRP backup

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Mortified37, Junior Member on 8th July 2013, 12:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I was trying to update from CM10 to CM10.1 on my ATT GS3. did a complete backup using TWRP to make sure I could go back to how my phone was before just in case I encountered a problem. Well, sure enough I hit a snag with the update, I encountered an error while installing CM10.1. I tried it two more times and had the same error (something about couldn't find the partition). I gave up and went to restore it using the backup. Everything worked fine, apps, contacts, etc BUT MY PICTURES ARE GONE!!

Does anyone have nay idea how to get them back??? I've tried to restore using the backup twice, and it restores everything except for my pictures. I'd really appreciate some insight!

8th July 2013, 03:35 PM |#2  
Flag Barrie
Thanks Meter: 866

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortified37

I was trying to update from CM10 to CM10.1 on my ATT GS3. did a complete backup using TWRP to make sure I could go back to how my phone was before just in case I encountered a problem. Well, sure enough I hit a snag with the update, I encountered an error while installing CM10.1. I tried it two more times and had the same error (something about couldn't find the partition). I gave up and went to restore it using the backup. Everything worked fine, apps, contacts, etc BUT MY PICTURES ARE GONE!!

Does anyone have nay idea how to get them back??? I've tried to restore using the backup twice, and it restores everything except for my pictures. I'd really appreciate some insight!

Pictures aren't on section that is restored with a nandroid. You have to back them up manually. You either wiped them in recovery or they are in the /0 folder.

Always back up important stuff manually.
Hopefully it's option 2

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to KorGuy123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KorGuy123 Ad-Free
8th July 2013, 07:53 PM |#3  
Flag Fort Worth
Thanks Meter: 708

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortified37

Always backup pictures on a SD card and cloud storage service as well. Since you were going from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2 you wouldn''t have had a /0 folder initially.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)