FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Software Uptdare 07/09/13

96 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By its_dale, Member on 9th July 2013, 03:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
FYI, just checked my phone for an update and it is now downloading the 357.38MB update. I am not rooted btw

9th July 2013, 03:50 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 37

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by its_dale

FYI, just checked my phone for an update and it is now downloading the 357.38MB update. I am not rooted btw

Is this the apps to SD update? I think the sprint update was about 357MB.
9th July 2013, 03:51 PM |#3  
Flag Erwin
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Just did this myself, any idea what it is? Wondering if this is the security patch?...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
9th July 2013, 03:53 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xreflection

Is this the apps to SD update? I think the sprint update was about 357MB.

still downloading. it took forever to "check for update". Some apps have updates (like Facebook) that give option to add the app to an SD card. This is probably what it is. Im a noob to android btw.. just letting people know an update is out.
9th July 2013, 03:58 PM |#5  
Flag ViSiON,Texas
Thanks Meter: 20,559

Donate to Me
More
I do not think this is wise, but I think the update is a patch that blocks the loki unlock the devs achieved. need to be careful with these updates as the devs have warned us about. I could be wrong here.

Oh well. let us know the outcome if you don't mind.

The Ax says that this is MY OPINION ONLY!
The Following User Says Thank You to AxAtAx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AxAtAx Ad-Free
9th July 2013, 04:10 PM |#6  
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 789

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxman

I do not think this is wise, but I think the update is a patch that blocks the loki unlock the devs achieved. need to be careful with these updates as the devs have warned us about. I could be wrong here.

Oh well. let us know the outcome if you don't mind.

The Ax says that this is MY OPINION ONLY!

You are correct - it's usually a good idea to hold off on taking any OTA updates before knowing what they do. To keep from getting OTA updates, use something like Titanium backup to freeze or otherwise disable three specific apps:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aou

Correct. To block future OTA updates, "Freeze" the following three applications:
AT&T Software update Vxx_x_xxxx_x_x
FWUpgrade x.x.x
LocalFOTA vx_xxxx_x_x

Freezing (with Titanium Backup) will keep them from running, and effectively hide them from the rest of your system. Otherwise, you may find a way to backup and uninstall them completely, but this is more risky if you're ever planning to take an OTA update in the future.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Aou For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Aou Ad-Free
9th July 2013, 04:20 PM |#7  
OP Member

More
Apps can now be moved to SD card.. i have a notification that says "Device Management- Connecting to DM server..." and its been like that for a good 5 mins. Wish i can help with more, but again, Im stock and new to android
9th July 2013, 04:29 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Can confirm an update also

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to HiTideBlastoise For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HiTideBlastoise Ad-Free
9th July 2013, 04:32 PM |#9  
Flag Amherst
Thanks Meter: 36

Donate to Me
More
I got an upgrade too and it started downloading when I checked but I quickly bought the titanium pro version to freeze the upgrade apps to stop the download until we know if this is some kind of security update

Sent from my SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
9th July 2013, 04:34 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Any other way to stop it? I'm not rooted, but been tempted too lately. If not, can't change what I've done so no worries.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

Edited:

I turned off my wifi and it interrupted the update and stopped downloading it. I am not updating till something is released about it.
9th July 2013, 04:40 PM |#11  
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 486

More
DroidLife has some info on it

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/07/09...8Droid+Life%29

Mainly a update to KNOX.

Have to see if theres a modem update. If there is thats all thats important for me. And if they patched Loki.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)