FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Pebble Smartwatch

16 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By jweb92, Junior Member on 9th July 2013, 04:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Anyone check these out or considering getting one I think it'd be cool to have with my s4 since it's waterproof and vibrates when you're getting calls I just don't know if I'd wanna drop 150 on it

9th July 2013, 04:36 PM |#2  
Flag Loganville
Thanks Meter: 477

Donate to Me
More
Clock
Quote:
Originally Posted by jweb92

Anyone check these out or considering getting one I think it'd be cool to have with my s4 since it's waterproof and vibrates when you're getting calls I just don't know if I'd wanna drop 150 on it

I'm hoping to get it for my birthday, but I'm also hoping more functionality comes along as well.
9th July 2013, 04:49 PM |#3  
Kansas city
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:

I'd consider pebble being out dated, and i didnt think pebble was waterproof? Look into Agent smart watch I'd buy that! Or just wait till fall there will be better and more smart watches out

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app
9th July 2013, 05:25 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 263

Donate to Me
More
Yeah, now is a bad time to buy smart watches with speculation about google building one themselves.
9th July 2013, 05:25 PM |#5  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 49

More
The Pebble is just so ugly. I'm waiting to see the new Sony Smart watch 2, which is also $150. And I think Samsung or Google will be coming out with one soon.
9th July 2013, 06:20 PM |#6  
Flag Amman
Thanks Meter: 25

More
I have it and it is nice but I am suffering with the phones battery life without having the bluetooth on all the time so I hardly use it anymore.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
9th July 2013, 06:56 PM |#7  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I'm a bit wristwatch obsessed... It's a bad habit, worse than the phone habit, it is actually more expensive.

Looked at it and considered doing the kickstarter thing but ultimately decided it was more gadget than functional. There were/are watches/bracelets that monitor calls and messages already that were/are cheaper. I just think it really isn't that sophisticated. I'd wait and see what comes out. Seems to be a lot of interest from a lot of vendors.

Just my 2 cents.
9th July 2013, 07:21 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Yeah my bday isn't until September so hopefully Samsung has one out by then I want someone to get me either a smart watch or johnny walker blue label since it's my 21st lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app
9th July 2013, 08:14 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thumbs up
I have one and I love it, but that's because I wasn't looking for another android device or computer on my wrist. i wanted a smartwatch. It receives notifications from my phone, with augmented smartwatch you get a ton of control over what it sends, you can run tasker tasks with it, also runkeeper will display pace and time info on it automatically.
The standalone watchapps work great for me too. Countdown timer that vibrates alone is a giant boon for me since I do standup comedy, so I don't have to watch for the light at the 1 minute warning I can just let my wrist buzz and know i need to wrap up without burning the light.
And it is waterproof, which is great I can control my phone's music playlist from the shower, also if I go to a spa or something I get my notifications. With Bluetooth 4.0 BLE support drain should be minimal.

Is it for everyone, no. Is it just right for me for now. Totally.
However I am a tech whore early adopter so if google comes out with something I'll probably buy it and then the wife get's a new to her toy, which she doesn't mind at all.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ninjatek For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ninjatek Ad-Free
11th July 2013, 09:14 AM |#10  
Flag Townsville
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

I have the Pebble watch, married to my recently purchased S4. Previously it was paried with my HTC Desire (Bravo) with Cyanogenmod.
The initial setup was a bit stranger than the HTC, but eventually worked.
Now with the pebble notification enabled in the "Accessabilty, Services" section, the stupid "Talkback" option seems to be on, and speak "Webpage Loaded" and stuff with the default browser. Even with toggling it on and off, the stupid thing just keeps speaking. Using Chrome browser stops the voicing, but it's annoying as hell.

Either way, I don't notice any noticable battery drop in my daily use. I am up at 4:15am and disconnect the charger, go to the gym then work, then gym again. By the time i put the phone back on charge at about 8:30pm, i have about 18% battery left. That's fine by me.

-KegRaider.
11th July 2013, 01:01 PM |#11  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 202

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRaider

I have the Pebble watch, married to my recently purchased S4. Previously it was paried with my HTC Desire (Bravo) with Cyanogenmod.
The initial setup was a bit stranger than the HTC, but eventually worked.
Now with the pebble notification enabled in the "Accessabilty, Services" section, the stupid "Talkback" option seems to be on, and speak "Webpage Loaded" and stuff with the default browser. Even with toggling it on and off, the stupid thing just keeps speaking. Using Chrome browser stops the voicing, but it's annoying as hell.

Either way, I don't notice any noticable battery drop in my daily use. I am up at 4:15am and disconnect the charger, go to the gym then work, then gym again. By the time i put the phone back on charge at about 8:30pm, i have about 18% battery left. That's fine by me.

-KegRaider.

Oh let me make the talkback issue worse for you.

If you go to your gallery the top bar won't hide either. Its a bug in TouchWiz and Samsung hasn't fixed it since the S3. Oh and I doubt you eye tracking works either.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)