FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][JB 4.2.2][CM10.1] for Lenovo Ideapad K1 3G+Wifi

67 posts
Thanks Meter: 247

Post Reply Email Thread
Welcome to the CM10.1 for the Lenovo Ideapad K1

Legal disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you brick your tablet, or have other damages in the process.

Features:
  • Multi User support (max. 5 User)
  • WIFI
  • Overclocking ( max. 1,4 GHz)
  • GPS
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera front/back
  • HD video/audio
  • externe SD-Card
  • USB-Stick support
  • Gyro
  • Auto brightness (bugy)
  • Hardware / Software Rotation Lock
  • VPN Support
  • 3G support
  • Home button
  • CWM 6.0.3.3

Install Procedure 1
You come from CM10, no wipe needed

1. Download Update and Gapps and save to SD card
2. Reoboot into Recovery Mode
3. Once in recovery, select the update file to be flashed
4. select the gapps file to be flashed
5. Reboot

Install Procedure 2
You come from a stock or other CM version
Full Wipe, all data will be gone

1. Download the nvflash and save it on your PC
2. Power down and enter APX mode on your tablet, with the USB cable connected to the PC
3. Run flash-win.bat or flash-linux.sh (depending on what your PC runs)
4. After table has booted, enter settings and select about tablet. touch 7 time on build number. Your developer option are visible.
5. Go to settings, Developer options and select Advanced reboot
7. connect your tablet to the pc and save gapps on your sd card. Or download gapps via liink.
6. Go in Recovery via long press of Power, and select "Reboot" then "Recovery"
5. Flash the gapps package that you downloaded in step 1.
6. Reboot

Downloads:
First update 3G Version or
NVFlash 3G or Mirror

First Update Wifi Version or
NVFlash Wifi or Mirror

Important. Only that Gapps version will work !!!
Google Apps alias GApps or Mirror

Current Releases (date 2013-09-26):
Wifi Version
3G Version

Bugs:
  • light sensor (never worked correct)
  • Wifi (works just with "keep Wi-Fi on during sleep, always")
  • Headset detection

Credits:
KHanning
Krook1
Breeder (Testing)
Koshu
and finally Codeworkx for so many tips !!!

Info / Tips

- Developer settings: go in settings and select about tablet. Press 7 times on build number

Recovery Update

The Recovery will be updated with nightly version of the 18-07-2013.
The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to kaschemme For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kaschemme Ad-Free

9th July 2013, 08:40 PM |#2  
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 3,147

More
Awesome work buddy !!. Downloading it. But will flash over the weekend.
Thanks for continuing work on this device.
9th July 2013, 08:45 PM |#3  
Flag Québec
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Nice work! I've flashed it yesterday when you posted it on goo.im and it's running nice so far. Got sod but I put wifi to always on, anyways it doesn't seem to drain too much battery. Also maybe you should update the recovery as this one cause 0 folder nesting when flashing(I got emulated/0/0/0...) and this is repaired with newer recovery, I don't remind wich number. Everything else seem to be working perfectly, some little strange thing but I think it's due to CM nighlties and could be working correctly later. I'll thank you so much for keeping our device alive. Keep it going.

Edit: The recovery issue is fixed since cwm 6.0.2.3 and we got 6.0.1.1 so that's why it's nesting but that isn't dangerous or anything, it can be deleted and the data are simply at the bottom of the 0 folders tree.
9th July 2013, 09:58 PM |#4  
Flag San Juan, PR
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaschemme

Welcome to the CM10.1 for the Lenovo Ideapad K1

Thank you, kaschemme! Will download and flash when I get home as my tablet does not have too much data. THANK YOU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-pich

Nice work! I've flashed it yesterday when you posted it on goo.im and it's running nice so far. Got sod but I put wifi to always on, anyways it doesn't seem to drain too much battery. Also maybe you should update the recovery as this one cause 0 folder nesting when flashing(I got emulated/0/0/0...) and this is repaired with newer recovery, I don't remind wich number. Everything else seem to be working perfectly, some little strange thing but I think it's due to CM nighlties and could be working correctly later. I'll thank you so much for keeping our device alive. Keep it going.

Edit: The recovery issue is fixed since cwm 6.0.2.3 and we got 6.0.1.1 so that's why it's nesting but that isn't dangerous or anything, it can be deleted and the data are simply at the bottom of the 0 folders tree.

Where can I get this recovery file to flash on my tablet? Thanks!
9th July 2013, 10:06 PM |#5  
Flag Québec

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordred69

Where can I get this recovery file to flash on my tablet? Thanks!

It isn't made for our device yet so we can't flash it. It need to be updated and compiled from the rom source then it can be flashed so for now we have to live with this version.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ti-pich For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ti-pich Ad-Free
9th July 2013, 10:28 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 283

More
Way to go!!
10th July 2013, 12:23 AM |#7  
Flag San Juan, PR
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Unhappy
On goo.im for devs/kaschemme/nvflash/nvflash_CM10.1_Wifi_Kaschemme_v1.zip

"The file you requested was not found. Lets see if we can find that for you..."
10th July 2013, 12:34 AM |#8  
Flag Québec

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordred69

On goo.im for devs/kaschemme/nvflash/nvflash_CM10.1_Wifi_Kaschemme_v1.zip

"The file you requested was not found. Lets see if we can find that for you..."

There isn't nvflash folder in kaschemme. For me kaschemme/CM10/nvflash/nvflash_CM10.1_Wifi_Kaschemme_v1.zip download without any issue.
10th July 2013, 01:06 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Hey, kaschemme, thanks so much for the update! I am looking forward to giving it a try, although I do use the USB Storage function a lot (it's the easiest way to copy movies onto my K1), so I might wait until after my vacation to do the update. I'd also like to see how the GPS functions are working, since I use my K1 a lot when I go geocaching. But it's wonderful to see that the K1 is still moving forward!
10th July 2013, 01:46 AM |#10  
Flag Québec

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1Andy

Hey, kaschemme, thanks so much for the update! I am looking forward to giving it a try, although I do use the USB Storage function a lot (it's the easiest way to copy movies onto my K1), so I might wait until after my vacation to do the update. I'd also like to see how the GPS functions are working, since I use my K1 a lot when I go geocaching. But it's wonderful to see that the K1 is still moving forward!

USB connection to a computer do work for me on ubuntu 13.04 better than it ever worked. I think by USB storage he is meaning USB OTG, like plugging a usb key directly in the K1 with the almost inexistant lenovo adapter.
The Following User Says Thank You to ti-pich For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ti-pich Ad-Free
10th July 2013, 02:24 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-pich

USB connection to a computer do work for me on ubuntu 13.04 better than it ever worked. I think by USB storage he is meaning USB OTG, like plugging a usb key directly in the K1 with the almost inexistant lenovo adapter.

Right, USB host support (attaching a USB flash drive to the K1) is exactly what I mean, and what I use. I was fortunate enough to get one of those non-existent adapters.
The Following User Says Thank You to K1Andy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift K1Andy Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm10.1 jellybean 4.2.2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)