[Q&A]**CM10.1~ HTC Droid DNA (dlx)**

Search This thread

Flyhalf205

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com
[SIZE=+3]This thread has been created strictly for Questions/Answers & Troubleshooting
[/SIZE] [SIZE=+2]
Specific to
[/SIZE]
CyanogenMod 10.1 JB 4.2.2
HTC Droid DNA (dlx)

[SIZE=+2]
This thread has been created for people to share issues, question and help while using this version of
CM10.1 for HTC Droid DNA (dlx)

Link to ROM
Finger%20pointing%20down_animated.gif

[/SIZE]
CM 10.1 HTC DNA

*PLEASE be sure to hit Flyhalf205 Thanks button for the dedication to this ROM*

Last edited:

hilokilo

Nov 22, 2011
I don't know why but I can't seem to connect to my wireless router with this rom. It lists all the networks nearby, but it refuses to connect with them. Any advice?
I have the right kernel, otherwise the wifi toggle would be greyed out.
*edit - nevermind, I think I have the wrong kernel. I flashed the boot.img from the .zip and flashed Crpalmers latest kernel. Can anyone please tell me the right kernel to download? I can't really live without my wifi.. lol.

Last edited:

ML417

Jul 26, 2012
Long Island, NY
I don't know why but I can't seem to connect to my wireless router with this rom. It lists all the networks nearby, but it refuses to connect with them. Any advice?
I have the right kernel, otherwise the wifi toggle would be greyed out.
*edit - nevermind, I think I have the wrong kernel. I flashed the boot.img from the .zip and flashed Crpalmers latest kernel. Can anyone please tell me the right kernel to download? I can't really live without my wifi.. lol.

You're probably using a WEP encryption on your router, change your router's encryption to WPA2 as it is much more secure. It's a known issue with AOSP builds right now that the phone does not want to connect to WEP encrypted networks

Cremacious

Sep 6, 2011
After installing this ROM I have all but 3GB of storage used. Why is it taking up so much storage space? I don't have anything on here and all folders look empty. Never had this problem before, so what am I doing wrong?

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
After installing this ROM I have all but 3GB of storage used. Why is it taking up so much storage space? I don't have anything on here and all folders look empty. Never had this problem before, so what am I doing wrong?

Come from a sense ROM? If so then look in /data/media, your stuff is there too taking up space.

Tapatalked from my HTC DNA - Carbon

hilokilo

Nov 22, 2011
You're probably using a WEP encryption on your router, change your router's encryption to WPA2 as it is much more secure. It's a known issue with AOSP builds right now that the phone does not want to connect to WEP encrypted networks
Oh that makes sense, thank you! While I'm at it, can I ask you if you're having constant data connection drop every 2 minutes or so? My 4g drops randomly and doesn't come back for a long time. Same goes for my cellular data, it constantly disconnects every 2 minutes.. Are you having this issue as well or is this only for me?

zawata

May 28, 2013
HTC Droid DNA
Motorola Droid X
I am having some major issues right now with cyanogenmod regarding the permissions for my filesystem
the stock filebrowser is telling me i need root access(which i have and have allowed to it) in my /storage/emulated/0/music/ folder to open my folder for breaking benjamin and linkin park
however theres another folder in there(skillet :p) that has no problem opening
i checked the permissions for the files in the properties and they're all the same
i even tried rewriteing the owner of the file and it just resets it
i dont know what to do other than using AROMAFM and just reorganizing my entire music folder
this also happens in my downloads folder
im not even going to thing of using root browser though

just a few minutes before this, i tried to copy the music folder from another portion of my memory and it pasted the music folder inside of itself.....about 100 times, it was never-ending it nearly crashed my system, it started lagging horribly

does anyone have any information for me or can help me?
i can give screenshots upon request
i really hate the filesystem setup on the DNA its way to damn difficult

d08speed3

Jul 23, 2010
Think this was asked before but....is there a way to make stock messaging app send longer texts? Kinda of annoying to have most my messages sent as two. I know there's other apps but I like the stock one.

Droid DNA

Flyhalf205

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com
Think this was asked before but....is there a way to make stock messaging app send longer texts? Kinda of annoying to have most my messages sent as two. I know there's other apps but I like the stock one.

Droid DNA

There is. I might make the change in the next nightly

ohbuckeyeman

Jul 22, 2010
Will be buying the dna this Friday seeing as how VZW just dropped the price on it. Is BT headset something that's just not going to work with CM? Just curious. Excited to get off Sprint and join in the fun over here.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This rom ruined my day. If anyone could help that would be huge..

I cannot get the computer to install the drivers for MTP device.....

I tried everything, installing HTC sync, installing PDAnet,

If anyone could give me a step by step to get windows MTP to recognize my phone so i can put the 7-1 rom on my phone to flash i would be forever grateful..

Installing the latest HTC drivers didnt help either..

I have used multiple USB ports...

What can I do...

My phone can get to fastboot and recovery, and boot into the 7-4 rom but i cant do anything.

All i want is to be able to flash 7-1 and get out of this hell hole.

I activated my LG Voyager in the mean time..

PLEASE HELPPP

If a ROM ruined your day, you have some issues to work on.

If you don't know how to use adb to recover from a bad flash, you should never have flashed a nightly in the first place
    [SIZE=+3]This thread has been created strictly for Questions/Answers & Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE] [SIZE=+2]
    Specific to
    [/SIZE]
    CyanogenMod 10.1 JB 4.2.2
    HTC Droid DNA (dlx)

[SIZE=+2]
    This thread has been created for people to share issues, question and help while using this version of
    CM10.1 for HTC Droid DNA (dlx)

Link to ROM
    Finger%20pointing%20down_animated.gif

[/SIZE]
    CM 10.1 HTC DNA

*PLEASE be sure to hit Flyhalf205 Thanks button for the dedication to this ROM*

Droid DNA

There is. I might make the change in the next nightly
    I'll wait for them to fix things with the HTC ONE ROM edition google

While we can appreciate you had issues (screen flickering sounds like you are using the wrong kernel), posts like this aren't as useful as "Hey guys, any ideas why I would be having flickering? I've attached logs/video/useful replication information." Posting with that format may help you get a better response in the future.

Cheers
    Request, Chadwick, can u bake in the new AOSP camera software into your next nightly build kind sir?