FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

WTF? Samsung Galaxy Young S6310

1,436 posts
Thanks Meter: 762
 
By dec0der, Senior Member on 11th July 2013, 08:02 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
i can't believe why this new device is in jb but our device didn't or even can upgrade it!

old sgw y: http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_y_s5360-4117.php

new sgw y dous: http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gala...s6310-5280.php
 
 
11th July 2013, 08:53 AM |#2  
arsradu's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,279
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dec0der

i can't believe why this new device is in jb but our device didn't or even can upgrade it!

old sgw y: http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_y_s5360-4117.php

new sgw y dous: http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gala...s6310-5280.php

It's because of their launch date, mate. The old Y was launched in 2011. The new one in 2013. It's a generation difference. Also, Samsung doesn't upgrade their older devices unless they made a lot of profit from their sales, which is sadly not the case for our W.

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda app-developers app
11th July 2013, 09:05 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 937
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dec0der

i can't believe why this new device is in jb but our device didn't or even can upgrade it!

old sgw y: http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_y_s5360-4117.php

new sgw y dous: http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gala...s6310-5280.php

???

Both are Samsung Galaxy Young. Not Samsung Galaxy Wounder Young.

Samsung made it clear in the past. Every device with less than 768MB RAM will not be ubdated to ICS/JB as they claimed every device with less memory will not operate well and smooth with these newer Operating Systems.

We all know this is pure nonsense and Arco proved them to be wrong, but they made a point and that´s all about it.
11th July 2013, 03:22 PM |#4  
Madridii's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Amman, Jordan
Thanks Meter: 2,367
 
Donate to Me
More
My dad has galaxy fame , If I'm not wrong it has 512 MB Ram with 4.1.2 :banghead:


Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda premium
11th July 2013, 03:41 PM |#5  
eryzerz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 389
 
More
My mom too, she has galaxy chat. 512mb of ram,processor just 850mhz. But its ICS and upgradable to JB 4.1.2

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda premium
11th July 2013, 08:50 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 937
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madridii

My dad has galaxy fame , If I'm not wrong it has 512 MB Ram with 4.1.2 :banghead:


Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by eryzerz

My mom too, she has galaxy chat. 512mb of ram,processor just 850mhz. But its ICS and upgradable to JB 4.1.2

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda premium

Then they must have changed their policity by launching newer devices, but related to the SGW this was their official statement. There was a repetiotion to Samsung to release ICS for the SGW and finally that´s what they said.

Obvoiusly the SGW wasn´t sold as good as they expected and they had other devices to be launched, so didn´t really care about the SGW owners.
11th July 2013, 08:59 PM |#7  
Madridii's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Amman, Jordan
Thanks Meter: 2,367
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyx

Then they must have changed their policity by launching newer devices, but related to the SGW this was their official statement. There was a repetiotion to Samsung to release ICS for the SGW and finally that´s what they said.

Obvoiusly the SGW wasn´t sold as good as they expected and they had other devices to be launched, so didn´t really care about the SGW owners.

In my country, There are too many shops sell galaxy W till now , and too many owners of it here
12th July 2013, 12:04 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 937
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madridii

In my country, There are too many shops sell galaxy W till now , and too many owners of it here

Do you imagine why it´s still produced and sold? Simple but true. Thanks to Arco. Samsung made a lot more profit with this device than they ever were dreaming of after Arco offered a working ICS (CM9) and finally even a working JB (CM10) for this device.

If I were Samsung I would send him a cheque with a lot of $$$ as a simple thank you. But they of course don´t care. The same like they didn´t care too offer an offical ICS for it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to honeyx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift honeyx Ad-Free
12th July 2013, 09:37 PM |#9  
FelixMG's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Brazil
Thanks Meter: 147
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madridii

In my country, There are too many shops sell galaxy W till now , and too many owners of it here

In my country, the GSW is rare... Any store sell this awesome phone.

Sent from my GT-I8150 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
19th September 2013, 12:31 AM |#10  
Quote:
Originally Posted by dec0der

i can't believe why this new device is in jb but our device didn't or even can upgrade it!

old sgw y: http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_y_s5360-4117.php

new sgw y dous: http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gala...s6310-5280.php

do you really ask this question??????? because as you see the new galaxy young s6310 is more powerful than normal y s5360
4 GB of memory ,768 MB RAM and CPU :1 GHz Cortex-A5 so with hardware can easy get android 4.1.2 !!!!!!!
19th September 2013, 02:48 AM |#11  
dec0der's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 762
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayman16

do you really ask this question??????? because as you see the new galaxy young s6310 is more powerful than normal y s5360
4 GB of memory ,768 MB RAM and CPU :1 GHz Cortex-A5 so with hardware can easy get android 4.1.2 !!!!!!!

DUDE, seriously? isn't it obvious? you wouldn't read this post if i didn't ask in the first place. what's wrong in asking anyway?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes