FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Should the Mediatek SoC be listed as a device with specific Manufacturer's under it?

Yes

29 Vote(s)
96.67%
No

1 Vote(s)
3.33%

Mediatek Devices Mod's Attention Required Please.

1,744 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,565

By bigrammy, Senior Member on 12th July 2013, 11:41 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
17th July 2013, 10:02 AM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield
Thanks Meter: 1,565

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel

If a device doesn't follow the GPL. They don't get a forums. Plain and simple. If a device gets enough development they can request a forum but there has to be a good amount of development first. And to be honest those devices you listed are not available world wide. And without being available world wide the feel will be little to no development for them unless you guys pick it up. And unless they comply with the GPL they will not get a forum here.

And no we don't need to accommodate anyone. The MIUI devices have a huge following but do they have a forum? Nope. They don't follow the GPL so no forum
Wayne Tech Nexus

Well thanks for the reply @zelendel at least we know where we stand now

I do not agree with you on any point but you are the boss here so I must respect your decision not to support our already massive and still growing community.

I come from Huddersfield in the UK and live not far from Sir Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luke Picard) and he has likened the MTK SoC community to the Borg So please remeber Resistance is Futile zelendel

17th July 2013, 11:02 AM |#32  
Retired Senior Moderator / Mod. Cttee. Retired - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 18,769

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrammy

Well thanks for the reply @zelendel at least we know where we stand now

I do not agree with you on any point but you are the boss here so I must respect your decision not to support our already massive and still growing community.

I come from Huddersfield in the UK and live not far from Sir Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luke Picard) and he has likened the MTK SoC community to the Borg

So please remeber Resistance is Futile zelendel

The GPL laws are even valid in the UK. Until the chips are used more world wide or you guys pick up development for them, and they comply with the gpl there is not much that we will do.

As for the borg. Lol they remind me of Apple lol.

Now as this thread has run it's course. Thread closed

Wayne Tech Nexus
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread