[MOD][14/08/2013] Custom Boot Animations for SGS4G

Which ROM should I make a boot animation for?

• CyanogenMod

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • AOKP

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • MIUI

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • BeanStalk

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Valhalla / GB ROMs

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Other (please post request)

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

itzik2sh

Sep 5, 2011
Using your 'S Twist' animation on Duy's Ultragen ROM. ICS stock as this device deserved to get. Really loving it! Thanks.

sent from me

Reactions: cpkelley94

cpkelley94

Aug 9, 2012
Added Slim Invert animation! Hope you guys like it, it's a bit different from the rest of my animations, as it features mainly black on a white background.

UPDATE: As my daily phone has switched from the SGS4G to the Nexus 4, I will not be able to create boot animations at the same frequency for this device. My primary device to create for is now the N4, and you can check out that thread from the link in my signature. I will still update this thread with new animations that I port down to this device. I would like to thank the entire SGS4G community for all the help you have given me. This is not goodbye! :)

Reactions: itzik2sh

cpkelley94

Aug 9, 2012
Added Boston Strong animation, commemorating the great city of Boston, Massachusetts.

Would it be possible to change Concentrate Circles to say jelly bean 4.3?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using xda premium

Judging by your phone model in your signature, it seems that you are looking for animations for a different phone. This forum is for the Samsung Galaxy S 4G, a different phone from your S4 with a much smaller screen resolution. Although these animations will work, they will be far too small on your S4's beautiful 1080p screen.

I recommend looking at my Nexus 4 thread, which is much closer to your resolution (still not the same, though). There are two 4.3 specific animations there that you may like, and if you don't, check the xda forums for the S4.

Reactions: Gordietm

vhngu930

Mar 25, 2013
Can you send me the font that you used in the Chromatic Arcs Boot animation? Thanks
And change the name from android to "HungDroid"?

Last edited:

cpkelley94

Aug 9, 2012
Can you send me the font that you used in the Chromatic Arcs Boot animation? Thanks
And change the name from android to "HungDroid"?

Actually that's not a font, it's the Android text logo. I can try to make something that looks like it that says what you want.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: vhngu930

itzik2sh

Sep 5, 2011
My favorite here is the S twist.
I'm currently using Google official android 4.3 boot animation, but would love to see it combined with S twist's Galaxy S 4G writing (without the bouncing red bar)

sent from me

Donnalyn

Sep 15, 2013
Hi , can you make bootanimation kitkat 4.4 ? ^_^ it will be great if you can ;)

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

axelitooavila

Nov 30, 2012
Works on GT-I9500?
Excuse my English, I'm using a translator

-----

Funcionan en gt-i9500?
Disculpe mi inglés, estoy usando un traductor

cpkelley94

Aug 9, 2012
Yes, but they will not fill the entire screen. You can use my Nexus 4 animations (link in signature), they still won't fill the whole screen but they will fill more.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cpkelley94 presents:

Custom Boot Animations for SGS4G (480x800)

Code:
    #include stddisclaimer.h
    /* 
    * Your warranty is now void. 
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, broken hearts, 
    * thermonuclear war, you getting fired because the alarm app failed, or  
    * unfulfilled sexual partners. Please do some research if you have any  
    * concerns about features included in this mod before flashing it! YOU are 
    * choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me 
    * for messing up your device, I will point that finger back at you and laugh.  
    * Then I will put it in your eye. 
    */

By using the mod you agree with the above terms!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DESCRIPTION:
    This is a collection of my own custom Android boot animations, optimized for the screen and color properties of the SGS4G (however, these animations should work perfectly with any 480x800 resolution Android phone running Android 4.0.4 or later). My goal is to create simplistic and professional-looking boot animations that embrace the modern and simple feel of Android's UI. UPDATED (18/07/2013): All animations have been compressed, now they are almost half they're original filesize (many under 1 MB) while keeping their original quality and they are much smoother!

I will take any requests, public or private, and I will do my best to follow through with them as well as I can. If anyone wants an animation for their ROM, tweak, etc., contact me and I would be glad to help out to the best of my ability. I will also create kernel splash images if requested. Please try to keep everything clean, professional, and appropriate for all audiences.

NOTE: These are CWM/TWRP flashable .ZIPs. If you would like to place the boot animation manually, extract the flashable, find the bootanimation.zip (/system/media/bootanimation.zip) file, and use a root file explorer to replace your original boot animation with this file. The scripts DO NOT make a backup, so please make a backup of your boot animation before doing this.

------------------------------------------------
    TABLE OF CONTENTS:
    1. S Zoom
    2. CM Rotate
    3. Playful Chameleon
    4. AOKP Swagger
    5. S Twist
    6. Concentric Colors
    7. Concentric Colors (Rings Only)
    8. Red Window
    9. Google Zoom
    10. Slim Invert
    11. Boston Strong
    12. Chromatic Arcs NEW
    13. Clipped Ribbons (4.3) NEW
    14. Concentric Colors 2 NEW
    15. Mokee Simple NEW
    16. Pulse (4.3) NEW
    17. Simplicity (CM10) NEW
    ------------------------------------------------

More to add...

ANIMATIONS:

---------------------------------------------------
    1. S Zoom

DESCRIPTION: Galaxy S symbol fades in from black and rushes towards the screen, covering the screen in white. The screen fades from white to a black background with a red circle orbiting the words "Android 4.2.2" in white.

SCREENSHOTS:
    0016.jpg 0043.jpg

DOWNLOAD:
    S Zoom v2 (18/07/2013)
    2. CM Rotate

DESCRIPTION: Blue circle zooms into place from center of screen. Slightly smaller white circle zooms into place from center, on top of blue circle. "CM 10.1" text fades in from white to blue, then begins slowly rotating around the center. UPDATED (17/07/2013): Cropped out excess black to increase animation speed.

SCREENSHOTS:
    0057.jpg

DOWNLOAD:
    CM Rotate v3 (18/07/2013)
    3. Playful Chameleon

DESCRIPTION: Chameleon OS boot animation. Chameleon logo zooms in from center on black background, then wiggles and winks. Logo fades to black, "Chameleon OS" text in white fades from black along with green arcs that begin orbiting the text in a circle.

SCREENSHOTS:
    0070.png

DOWNLOAD:
    Playful Chameleon v2 (18/07/2013)
    4. AOKP Swagger

DESCRIPTION: Pink "curtain" falls over black screen. AOKP logo (white) and text "Initializing Swagger" (white) fade in from pink. White loading bar goes from empty to full on bottom of screen. Everything except the AOKP logo fades to black. Text "Swagger Activated" fades in (white) along with rotating arcs (pink) orbiting the AOKP logo.

SCREENSHOTS:
    0100.jpg

DOWNLOAD:
    AOKP Swagger v2 (18/07/2013)
    5. S Twist

DESCRIPTION: Samsung logo fades in from black, then rushes towards the viewer, accelerating until the screen is bathed in white. Screen fades from white to the Galaxy S logo twisting around a vertical axis (trigonometrically calculated to be a uniform rotational speed) and the text "Samsung Galaxy S 4G" in white below the logo. Below the text, a red line moves from side to side across the screen. Very clean and OEM-like animation, but with my own little twist :) .

SCREENSHOTS:
    0068.jpg

DOWNLOAD:
    S Twist v2 (18/07/2013)
    6. Concentric Colors

DESCRIPTION: Red, yellow, green, and blue concentric circles rush towards the screen. When screen is blue, Android logo and "Android Jelly Bean" text fades in (white). Everything but the Android logo fades to black. Red, yellow, and blue concentric arcs fade in from black and rotate at varying speeds and directions around the white Android logo.

SCREENSHOTS:
    0028.jpg 0001.jpg

DOWNLOAD:
    Concentric Colors v1 (19/07/2013)
    7. Concentric Colors (Rings Only)

DESCRIPTION: Simpler version of Concentric Colors animation, runs much more smoothly. White Android logo fades in from black. Red, yellow, and blue concentric arcs fade in from black and rotate at varying speeds and directions around the white Android logo.

SCREENSHOTS:
    0058.png

DOWNLOAD:
    Concentric Colors (Rings Only) v1 (19/07/2013)
    8. Red Window

DESCRIPTION: Red rectangle zooms in from center of screen and stops. White text "Android 4.2 Jelly Bean" fades in from the rectangle along with white rotating arcs. Very reminiscent of Windows 8 Phone "tile" system.

SCREENSHOTS:
    0006.png

DOWNLOAD:
    Red Window v1 (21/07/2013)
    9. Google Zoom

DESCRIPTION: Google logo (white) fades in from black. Logo rushes towards the viewer until the logo is no longer able to be seen (screen black). Android logo (white) with black "4.2" text fades in from black, along with rotating white Nexus logo. Very clean, black-and-white animation.

SCREENSHOTS:
    0034.jpg 0005.jpg

DOWNLOAD:
    Google Zoom v1 (21/07/2013)
    10. Slim Invert

DESCRIPTION: On a black background, a white circle zooms in from the center to flood the screen in white. A black Jelly Bean logo with the SlimROMs logo in white on top of it fades in in the center, along with blue arcs that orbit around the logo.

SCREENSHOTS:
    0026.jpg

DOWNLOAD:
    Slim Invert v1 (28/07/2013)
    11. Boston Strong NEW

DESCRIPTION: Tribute to my birthplace and current city, the wonderful town of Boston. Blue and yellow tilted "curtains" come in from black on the top and bottom and converge towards the center. They meet, creating a blue and yellow screen split by a tilted line in the center of the screen. Yellow and blue text "Boston Strong" rushes in from both sides, converging near the center and passing each other, rushing back towards the opposite sides of the screen.

SCREENSHOTS:
    0042.jpg

DOWNLOAD:
    Boston Strong v1 (03/08/2013)
    12. Chromatic Arcs NEW

DESCRIPTION: Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple arcs fade in from black and surround white Android text logo. Arcs rotate slowly around logo.

SCREENSHOTS:
    1006.png

DOWNLOAD:
    Chromatic Arcs v1 (14/08/2013)
    13. Clipped Ribbons (4.3) NEW

DESCRIPTION: White text "Android" and colored text "4.3" fade in from black in the center of the screen. Colors (blue, purple, green, yellow, red) cycle through in tilted ribbons behind the text "4.3", giving it a masked feel.

SCREENSHOTS:
    0037.png

DOWNLOAD:
    Clipped Ribbons (4.3) v1 (14/08/2013)
    14. Concentric Colors 2 NEW

DESCRIPTION: New version of Concentric Colors with thinner rings, ring shadows, and smaller Android logo with blue circle background.

SCREENSHOTS:
    1005.png

DOWNLOAD:
    Concentric Colors 2 v1 (14/08/2013)
    15. Mokee Simple NEW

DESCRIPTION: Blue circle with white MoKee pig logo fades in from black, along with a white arc and white text "MoKee OpenSource". White arc spins around the blue circle slowly.

SCREENSHOTS:
    1113.png

DOWNLOAD:
    Mokee Simple v1 (14/08/2013)
    16. Pulse (4.3) NEW

DESCRIPTION: Purple bubble with white "4.3" text zooms in from center. White arcs fade in from black and rotate around the bubble while pulsing in and out.

SCREENSHOTS:
    0002.png

DOWNLOAD:
    Pulse (4.3) v1 (14/08/2013)
    17. Simplicity (CM10) NEW

DESCRIPTION: Blue circle with white MoKee pig logo fades in from black, along with a white arc and white text "MoKee OpenSource". White arc spins around the blue circle slowly.

SCREENSHOTS:
    1004.png

DOWNLOAD:
    Simplicity (CM10) v1 (14/08/2013)

Thank you for your interest and I hope you enjoy the animations!
    Huge update today! :D

Added 6 new animations, including 2 for the brand new Android 4.3 and one for Mokee Open Source! Check them all out in the OP!
    CHANGELOG:

---------------------------------------------
    14/08/2013
    - Added Chromatic Arcs, Clipped Ribbons (4.3), Concenctric Colors 2, Mokee Simple, Pulse (4.3), and Simplicity (CM10)
    03/08/2013
    - Added Boston Strong animation

28/07/2013
    - Added Slim Invert animation

21/07/2013
    - Added Red Window animation
    - Added Google Zoom animation

19/07/2013
    - Added Concentric Colors animation
    - Added Concentric Colors (Rings Only) animation

18/07/2013
    - Optimized PNG files in animations to be half the file size, making the overall packages smaller and the animations much smoother!

17/07/2013
    - Added S Twist animation
    * Planning to revamp OP soon to be organized by ROM / category

17/07/2013
    - Added AOKP Swagger animation
    - Increased CM Rotate playback smoothness

16/07/2013
    - Added Playful Chameleon animation
    * Figured out a way to get smaller animations to play much more smoothly, will update CM Rotate in next change

14/07/2013
    - Added CM Rotate animation

14/07/2013 - First Upload
    - Created thread
    - Added S Zoom animation
    4 Things

1) Did you make these animations yourself? :3
    2) You could at least change the ROM to MOD in your copied warning :p
    3) I believe that this actually belongs in the theme section not the development :)
    4) This are actually quite nice in my opinion. Too bad I just made my own for Mirage xD

In no way am I trying to insult anyone :)

1. Yes, everything here is made by me :) I use vector graphics in production to keep everything crisp and sharp. These are all custom made by me and will continue to be. I take requests as well.

2. Done :p

3. They are flashable so hopefully they can stay here. If not I'll move them.

4. Thanks :) no worries, if you have any requests later don't hesitate to ask.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda app-developers app
    Concentric Colors animation added! Probably one of my most beautiful, IMO. :)

EDIT: Added smoother, more lightweight version of Concentric Colors, only featuring the rotating rings and Android logo.