[ROOT] [How To] Install Google Play Store On Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD

Search This thread

RCamacho50

Jul 4, 2013
Caguas
(Root Users Only)
We All Know The Amazon Appstore Has A Huge Selection When It Comes To Music, Movies, And Books, The Same Cannot Be Said For Apps.
Despite The Fact That The Kindle Fire HD Is An Android Based Tablet It Doesn’t Officially Have Access To The Google Play Store.
We Also Know We Can Sideload Apps But It’s Much Nicer To Have The Google Play Store App On Your Kindle Fire HD.

I'll Show You How To Install And Setup The Latest Version Of The Google Play Store.

Just Follow This Easy Step By Step Instructions

Step By Step Instructions:

- Step 1: First Download All Of The Following Files:
View attachment 2118880
View attachment 2118885
View attachment 2118892
View attachment 2118913
View attachment 2118914
View attachment Vending.apk
View attachment 2118924 - If You Don't Have Any File Explorer You Can Download One From The Amazon Appstore (I Reccommend Using ES File Explorer, It's The Better One).

- Step 2: Then Transfer All Of Them To The Kindle Fire HD.

- Step 3: Go To ES File Explorer, Go Into 'Tools' >'Root Explorer' >'Mount R/W' And Set Both To 'RW'.
Screenshot_2013-07-15-14-34-44.jpg Screenshot_2013-07-15-14-34-55.jpg Screenshot_2013-07-15-14-35-09.jpg

- Step 4: Now You Can Just Install (In That Order):
View attachment 2118880
View attachment 2118914
View attachment 2118885
View attachment 2118892
Or You Can Copy Those Files To system/app Folder (Without The Google Play Services App, Intall That One).
Screenshot_2013-07-15-15-53-29.jpg Screenshot_2013-07-15-15-53-33.jpg

- Step 5: Reboot Your Device.

- Step 6: Now Copy The View attachment Vending.apk To system/app Folder (Copy It). Then Tap The Vending.apk And Replace It.

- Step 7: Reboot Your Device Once Again.

- Step 8: At This Point You Can See The 'Android Market' App In The 'Apps Drawer'. Now You Can Just Open The App And Set Your Account, Or Update To Google Play Store.

- Step 9: Updating To Google Play Store. Search For View attachment 2118913 You Downloaded, Tap To Install And Replace It.

- Step 10: Reboot Your Device.

You're Done!

Now You Can Enjoy Those Apps, Music, Movies, And Books From The Google Play Store. Your 7" Kindle Fire HD Just Got Better.
Enjoy And Be Sure To Let Me know If You Have Any Issues Or Questions.

Last edited:

T-BoneFL

Jun 7, 2013
Maybe I missed it... but what about the "Account And Sync Settings-2.3.4.apk" file? You never say when to install it.

-T

Reactions: RCamacho50

pcguy23

Jan 6, 2011
Southern California
Play store

Update-
Used Titanium Backup to remove the play store
Went through drill again and used original vending.apk
Got market working
Afraid to try play store update though..

T-BoneFL

Jun 7, 2013
I have kfhd version 7.4.3 and no have issues running the play store that was referenced. Fyi...

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 4

fooo000d

Aug 5, 2013
Google Play Services

I keep getting the following error when trying to install the Google Play Services APK, it keeps kicking back an install error.

Can anyone help me get past this part?

Update - So I was able to install the Play Store, but now whenever I try to install an app, it automatically kicks back an error saying it can't retrieve information from server...

Last edited:

T-BoneFL

Jun 7, 2013
For the folks having issues, did you follow the instructions, precisely , in this thread?

fooo000d

Aug 5, 2013
For the folks having issues, did you follow the instructions, precisely , in this thread?

I did. For anyone having problems, my fix was that I had to use my actual Kindle to download the files. Some files wouldn't work when I transferred via USB. As far as server problems, I fixed that by signing into a different google acount, and then signing back onto my main.

soupmagnet

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 7, 2012
Austin, TX
Google Pixel 6
market has been workinf fine
tried play store apk again and wont open, force closes
followed drill exactly, not sure
That's because you cant just put the Vending.apk in /system/app and expect everything to work properly when updating. The Vending.apk has to be installed just like everything else:

Code:
adb shell su -c "pm install -r /system/app/Vending.apk"

soupmagnet

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 7, 2012
Austin, TX
Google Pixel 6
tried that
like I said
the market works just fine, it's only when I update to the play store that it breaks
thanks for the suggestion
With all due respect to the OP, there is already a working tutorial for getting the Play Store installed. It is very specific and has to be done a certain way in order to guarantee your success.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2069329

The manual method from that thread is what the RootPlus script to install the Play Store is based on and works ~99% of the time for all 2nd generation devices.

D

Deleted member 4707892

Worked for me.

Instructions worked perfectly for me. Good job.

Reactions: RCamacho50

pcguy23

Jan 6, 2011
Southern California
Update:
Must have tried a dozen times using this method and first aid
Play store always forced close,
I could get market working but play store would not work.
Removed all added apps, did a Kindle factory reset
Used first aid and all is working well
Thanks for any and all tips
Just wanted to share my resolution

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    (Root Users Only)
    We All Know The Amazon Appstore Has A Huge Selection When It Comes To Music, Movies, And Books, The Same Cannot Be Said For Apps.
    Despite The Fact That The Kindle Fire HD Is An Android Based Tablet It Doesn’t Officially Have Access To The Google Play Store.
    We Also Know We Can Sideload Apps But It’s Much Nicer To Have The Google Play Store App On Your Kindle Fire HD.

I'll Show You How To Install And Setup The Latest Version Of The Google Play Store.

Just Follow This Easy Step By Step Instructions

Step By Step Instructions:

- Step 1: First Download All Of The Following Files:
    View attachment 2118880
    View attachment 2118885
    View attachment 2118892
    View attachment 2118913
    View attachment 2118914
    View attachment Vending.apk
    View attachment 2118924 - If You Don't Have Any File Explorer You Can Download One From The Amazon Appstore (I Reccommend Using ES File Explorer, It's The Better One).

- Step 2: Then Transfer All Of Them To The Kindle Fire HD.

- Step 3: Go To ES File Explorer, Go Into 'Tools' >'Root Explorer' >'Mount R/W' And Set Both To 'RW'.
    Screenshot_2013-07-15-14-34-44.jpg Screenshot_2013-07-15-14-34-55.jpg Screenshot_2013-07-15-14-35-09.jpg

- Step 4: Now You Can Just Install (In That Order):
    View attachment 2118880
    View attachment 2118914
    View attachment 2118885
    View attachment 2118892
    Or You Can Copy Those Files To system/app Folder (Without The Google Play Services App, Intall That One).

- Step 5: Reboot Your Device.

- Step 6: Now Copy The View attachment Vending.apk To system/app Folder (Copy It). Then Tap The Vending.apk And Replace It.

- Step 7: Reboot Your Device Once Again.

- Step 8: At This Point You Can See The 'Android Market' App In The 'Apps Drawer'. Now You Can Just Open The App And Set Your Account, Or Update To Google Play Store.

- Step 9: Updating To Google Play Store. Search For View attachment 2118913 You Downloaded, Tap To Install And Replace It.

- Step 10: Reboot Your Device.

You're Done!

Now You Can Enjoy Those Apps, Music, Movies, And Books From The Google Play Store. Your 7" Kindle Fire HD Just Got Better.
    Enjoy And Be Sure To Let Me know If You Have Any Issues Or Questions.
    Maybe I missed it... but what about the "Account And Sync Settings-2.3.4.apk" file? You never say when to install it.

-T
    tried that
    like I said
    the market works just fine, it's only when I update to the play store that it breaks
    thanks for the suggestion
    With all due respect to the OP, there is already a working tutorial for getting the Play Store installed. It is very specific and has to be done a certain way in order to guarantee your success.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2069329

The manual method from that thread is what the RootPlus script to install the Play Store is based on and works ~99% of the time for all 2nd generation devices.
    D
    Deleted member 4707892
    Worked for me.

Instructions worked perfectly for me. Good job.

Does adding the Google Play store using this method require the Kindle Fire to be rooted?

It says [ROOT] right in the title of the post. (Typed exactly the same as the post title.)

Sent From My Kindle Fire HD Running CyanogenMod 10.1