FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] [4.2.2] [UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10.1 for ChaCha [05.April.2014] - updated!!!

402 posts
Thanks Meter: 269
 
By ajeevlal, Senior Member on 16th July 2013, 04:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello everyone...... here is the CM10.1 port for chacha. This rom is based on sources and repositories from luzifer1984 https://github.com/Luzifer1984?tab=repositories.

Quote:

DISCLAIMER
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Quote:

DOWNLOAD

Test version
Untested version 05 April 2014

Release 3
Fixed Bluetooth problem (Patch)
Download - Release 3

Release 2
Fixed Proximity sensor using aldx.xda patches
Fixed incall screen (patch)
Fixed SD card problem

Download - Release 2

Initial version
Download - Release 1

If you see any performance issues, enable developer option (tap build number for couple of times) and set the CPU to operate between 480 Mhz and 800 Mhz

Quote:

Installation


Install ROM
1. Reboot in ClockworkMod recovery
2. Make a NANDroid backup (Optional: in case you wnat to go to previous version)
3. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
4. Wipe Dalvik Cache
5. Wipe Battery Stats (Optional)
6. Navigate to "Install zip from sdcard" --> "Choose zip from sdcard" and browse to the downloaded rom zip file
7. After installation, reboot

The first boot may take some time, so wait.... if it freezes for more than 10 min, reboot the phone.

Install INT2EXT
If you like to increase the storage for application, you can use INT2EXT
Partition ur sd card in recovery. (Do not partition for SWAP partition) and follow the instructions in http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1716124
Note: Do not install SWAP2INT if prompted
Reboot

Install Gapps
I recommend using slim Gapps from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2265564

Quote:

BUGS
Documentation in progress

Quote:

CREDITS
1) luzifer1984 for letting me use his source and providing guidance and support
2) adlx.xda for letting us know that our phone is capable of running cyanogen and his contributions to the chacha development
3) lucasarran for organizing rom development drive and creating inspiration for development among us
4) Developer community, without their hard work this wouldn't have possible
5) Finally my family (esp my 2yr old son) for support and not disturbing me during work


juz click thanks if you find this useful!!!
The Following 89 Users Say Thank You to ajeevlal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ajeevlal Ad-Free
 
 
16th July 2013, 07:24 AM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 73
 
More
I will inform you immediately when I update my source.

Let's make it better for CHACHA.

Thank u.


Bug report later
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to luzifer1984 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift luzifer1984 Ad-Free
16th July 2013, 09:49 AM |#3  
mortal19xx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tehran
Thanks Meter: 92
 
More
Thumbs down [A]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeevlal

Hello everyone...... here is the CM10.1 port for chacha. This rom is based on sources and repositories from luzifer1984 https://github.com/Luzifer1984?tab=repositories.


In-call screen is not the main problem... the most important problem is Camera and after that battery draining...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mortal19xx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mortal19xx Ad-Free
16th July 2013, 02:10 PM |#4  
CanYouSmell's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortal19xx

In-call screen is not the main problem... the most important problem is Camera and after that battery draining...

but it makes a huge problem that you can't see the caller and it makes huge problem to identify the caller . I THINK HE HAS DONE A GOOD JOB
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CanYouSmell For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CanYouSmell Ad-Free
16th July 2013, 02:28 PM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Sensor
Wonderful ROM, it booted into safe mode the first time but it is working really neat right now, I feel like you are getting really close to the sensor thing.

@mortal19xx IMHO I can't stand a rom without camera, it's just a big no for me.

Keep it up mate and thanks to your mentor to.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to swashie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift swashie Ad-Free
16th July 2013, 05:51 PM |#6  
mortal19xx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tehran
Thanks Meter: 92
 
More
Wink [A]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanYouSmell

but it makes a huge problem that you can't see the caller and it makes huge problem to identify the caller . I THINK HE HAS DONE A GOOD JOB

I appreciate him/her. as you said "I THINK HE HAS DONE A GOOD JOB" but you know that's not enough... .

thanx to @ajeevlal ...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mortal19xx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mortal19xx Ad-Free
16th July 2013, 08:21 PM |#7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanYouSmell

but it makes a huge problem that you can't see the caller and it makes huge problem to identify the caller . I THINK HE HAS DONE A GOOD JOB

the credit goes to luzifer1984 and all other developers listed in the first post.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ajeevlal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ajeevlal Ad-Free
16th July 2013, 08:24 PM |#8  
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortal19xx

In-call screen is not the main problem... the most important problem is Camera and after that battery draining...

The camera does work may be it is not perfect, even i was able to capture picture in panorama mode but it is bit laggy
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ajeevlal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ajeevlal Ad-Free
16th July 2013, 11:59 PM |#9  
lil.masoud's Avatar
Member
Flag behbahan
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
I flash it...its good.,,camera work but not perfect,,,its laggy...battery drains fast...gallery is good but cant scroll the pics with the arrow keys on keyboard...i install my favorite game hill climb racing but show FC,,,wifi can find the network but cant connect to it,,i take a antutu benchmark test and score was 3602 thats not bad at all,,whatever with all of these bugs,,u did a great job pal,,and i appreciate that...thanks a lot...:thumbup:

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lil.masoud For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lil.masoud Ad-Free
17th July 2013, 04:47 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil.masoud

I flash it...its good.,,camera work but not perfect,,,its laggy...battery drains fast...gallery is good but cant scroll the pics with the arrow keys on keyboard...i install my favorite game hill climb racing but show FC,,,wifi can find the network but cant connect to it,,i take a antutu benchmark test and score was 3602 thats not bad at all,,whatever with all of these bugs,,u did a great job pal,,and i appreciate that...thanks a lot...:thumbup:

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using xda app-developers app

Best CM 10.1 Rom so far.
the best thing is that the caller is now working great
The camera actually is better the other CM 10.1 Rom , smooth on my phone, and even can record the movie
the gallery is (weird) laggy though. But it's not a bid deal since quickpic is a perfect one for replacing

Haven't test the battery yet but the other thing I've noticed is that the live wallpaper doesn't work on this rom
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GragonV For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GragonV Ad-Free
17th July 2013, 04:54 PM |#11  
Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GragonV

Best CM 10.1 Rom so far.
the best thing is that the caller is now working great
The camera actually is better the other CM 10.1 Rom , smooth on my phone, and even can record the movie
the gallery is (weird) laggy though. But it's not a bid deal since quickpic is a perfect one for replacing

Haven't test the battery yet but the other thing I've noticed is that the live wallpaper doesn't work on this rom

have you tried connecting to a wifi network?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes