[ROOT] Samsung Galaxy Pocket (GT-S5300)

43 posts
Thanks Meter: 58

By tjeerdo112, Member on 16th July 2013, 08:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys,

Rooting this device is just unfairly easy. What you have to do is download the update.zip for the galaxy pocket (see below) and place it into the root of you phone (I think thats somewhere at /mnt/sdcard (at my phone atleast)). Then put off your phone and boot into recovery mode (VOLUME UP+HOME+POWER). Click apply update from sdcard (navigate with volume, select with home button) and at the top there should be the update.zip . Just select it , press home and wait a little while. Press reboot and BOOOOOM youre rooted. You can check this by searching for the app Superuser between your installed apps.

(download update.zip: http://www.mediafire.com/?oh8h3aob7mja9mk )

Hit thanks rather than typing it

Sent from my GT-S5300 using xda app-developers app
The Following 55 Users Say Thank You to tjeerdo112 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tjeerdo112 Ad-Free
22nd November 2013, 10:01 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks alot for this!
The Following User Says Thank You to NeEkOg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NeEkOg Ad-Free
28th November 2013, 05:49 PM |#3  
Flag Qatar
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeEkOg

Thanks alot for this!

Hit thanks instead of typing it!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to KumailHyderMirza For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KumailHyderMirza Ad-Free
22nd January 2014, 06:06 PM |#4  
Flag Mexico City
Thanks Meter: 392

Donate to Me
More
i put the update.zip in my sdcard, however when i try choose external card says "the sdcard its not available (or mounted)" so i did adb sideload update.zip but i get signature error
E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed
so any advice? thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zen kun For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zen kun Ad-Free
24th March 2014, 03:54 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Prompt
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen kun

i put the update.zip in my sdcard, however when i try choose external card says "the sdcard its not available (or mounted)" so i did adb sideload update.zip but i get signature error
E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed
so any advice? thanks

try using cwmrecovery
The Following User Says Thank You to tjeerdo112 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tjeerdo112 Ad-Free
25th March 2014, 07:03 PM |#6  
Flag ►KERALA◄
Thanks Meter: 2,443

More
Angry
Visit this thread for All-in-One details for Galaxy Pocket GT-5300 Cori

[Guide] Know your Device: Galaxy Pocket GT-S5300
The Following User Says Thank You to brijeshep For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift brijeshep Ad-Free
27th March 2014, 12:57 PM |#7  
Flag ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ InterNet
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Do put it in SD ( Not in SD-ext) . Also use CWM recovery. If it is nor working , Flash using PC with Odin
The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [email protected] Ad-Free
16th December 2014, 06:27 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
With this method, do you still need to put the device into usb debugging mode before you power down, and reboot into download mode?
12th January 2015, 09:31 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Good day guys.

I need help in rooting this phone.
I've been trying to do that three-button combo to get in to recovery, but every time I do, the phone just boots straight to Android.

Is there any other way to get to the recovery menu?
By the way, the Vol_Down button is damaged, it cannot be used.
8th March 2015, 08:33 PM |#10  
Flag Ljubljana
Thanks Meter: 0

More
After rooting phone vibrates randomly (one 1 sec vibration followed by 2 shorter vibrations). Any ideas how to solve this problem?
15th April 2015, 11:14 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Same problem here with random vibrations after rooting.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy-pocket

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)