FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[app] ffmpeg0.6

94 posts
Thanks Meter: 34

By windowsrtc, Member on 18th July 2013, 02:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
compile from https://code.google.com/p/ffmpeg-msvc/
update:replace the sdl renderer wirh D3D renderer.Its faster now.

ffmpeg_arm0.6.zip

ffplayD3D.zip

update:FFMPEG2.1
MinGW:configure --enable-avresample --enable-postproc --enable-gpl --enable-shared --disable-static --toolchain=msvc --disable-yasm --disable-network --disable-doc --extra-cflags="-D_M_ARMM" --enable-cross-compile --target-os=win32 --arch=win32 --extra-ldflags="-MACHINE:ARM" --disable-dxva2
ffmpeg2.1_ARM.zip
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to windowsrtc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift windowsrtc Ad-Free

18th July 2013, 04:21 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
This was my best news. At lease I can use this before VLC metro were release.
18th July 2013, 06:23 PM |#3  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,944

More
Nice work. The site claims it's missing the decoders, though; what formats does it support? Does it just use the Windows built-in ones?
18th July 2013, 06:35 PM |#4  

More
It can open the most of video, at least. But most of them, usually the one that build in video app can't play, it very slow and the video so lag then video and audio doesn't sync.
18th July 2013, 06:41 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie

Nice work. The site claims it's missing the decoders, though; what formats does it support? Does it just use the Windows built-in ones?

It uses native decoders.I have tried rmvb,wmv,x264,mpeg2,vob.FFplay uses sdl1.2 and its very slow on Windows RT so I am looking for a third part player based on ffmpeg which support D3D or DDRAW renderer.
The Following User Says Thank You to windowsrtc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift windowsrtc Ad-Free
20th July 2013, 09:21 AM |#6  

More
Why FFmpeg didn't include in list at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2092348 ?
21st July 2013, 06:52 AM |#7  
Flag Seattle

More
Short version? Because I haven't added it yet.
Long version? Because I wasn't sure that it would actually be usable, due to either lacking codecs or having them run very slowly, and I haven't had a chance to test it yet. You may notice that the list tends to get updated a bit sporadically; I try to get to it a couple times a week but sometimes life gets in the way.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GoodDayToDie Ad-Free
22nd July 2013, 11:26 AM |#8  
OP Member

More
Its easy to compile the new ffmpeg version with msvc and MinGW.Can any one help to compile it?I know nothing about MinGW so its too difficult for me.
http://ffmpeg.org/platform.html#Nati...-MinGW_002dw64
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...?prof=required
23rd July 2013, 05:09 AM |#9  
Flag Seattle

More
If we could use MinGW for RT, we could port a *lot* more apps. I don't know how to adapt those instructions for targeting RT even if the whole thing does compile under MSVC, though it may be possible. Worth a look, at least. It's worth remembering that VLC is / has done a lot of work targeting MinGW-gcc for WinRT including ARM; hopefully it can be targeted for desktop RT pretty easily too.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GoodDayToDie Ad-Free
5th August 2013, 08:59 PM |#10  
Flag N15°42.305' E120°54.047
Thanks Meter: 21

More
im sorry for this noob question but sir, could you please wrote a detailed instruction how to install this? im running win8 enterprise.
6th August 2013, 03:26 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie

If we could use MinGW for RT, we could port a *lot* more apps. I don't know how to adapt those instructions for targeting RT even if the whole thing does compile under MSVC, though it may be possible. Worth a look, at least. It's worth remembering that VLC is / has done a lot of work targeting MinGW-gcc for WinRT including ARM; hopefully it can be targeted for desktop RT pretty easily too.

I imagine Windows binary formats are generally the same no matter what the context. So it will probably work. Wish they'd release even a WIP version of the compiler just so we could play with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gradd

im sorry for this noob question but sir, could you please wrote a detailed instruction how to install this? im running win8 enterprise.

You're in the wrong world... this is Windows RT, not 8.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)